Skip to content

Ringing The Blues

Comments

• Anyone else trying cucumber slices, rum and cheesy wotsits tonight?

• Amazed that one of the Huddersfield fans said Uche is no footballer...

• @Wendoverman said:
    Amazed that one of the Huddersfield fans said Uche is no footballer...

Their forum was full of players calling him a diver and frequent fouler. No one seemed to think he was much use beyond that.

• @JohnBoy said:

@Wendoverman said:

Their forum was full of players calling him a diver and frequent fouler. No one seemed to think he was much use beyond that.

Did you really mean ‘players’ @JohnBoy ?
    Surely not.

• Jack Grimmer is stellar isn’t he?

• @micra said:

@JohnBoy said:

@Wendoverman said:

Did you really mean ‘players’ @JohnBoy ?
    Surely not.

I did not.

• RingingTheBlues new episode!

• Reaction from the Reading & Norwich City games
    • Championship chat with Sam Parkin
    • Opposition view x 2
    • Chairboys Spanish

On many podcast platforms. Share, subscribe, leave a lovely review etc

https://anchor.fm/phil-catchpole/episodes/High-Flying-Birds-er96p4

• RTB really is fantastic. The format, the music, the scores from Mexico, the interviewing style, the humour, the opposition view.

• Sam Parkin always comes across well doesn't he? It's nice to know that those memories are as precious to some players as they are to us.

• Loved the latest episode, though I did start to wonder if our voice-artist had met his match with Norwich. Legs are going, can't hack it at this level etc.

• Having worked with the RTB Regional Accents Dept. for well over a season now, he does an excellent job, almost too good at times as I originally thought it’s charm might be that the accents would be crap. His Eastern flank is his Achilles heel but we go again closer to home tomorrow night...

The magic is that @Vital Len continues to deliver the choicest of cuts from the cacophony of away noise.

@LX1 cheers for mentioning the music. I spend a lot of time thinking about what to use, mainly for my own amusement, but nice to read it’s not unnoticed.

• Those Millwall fans sounded like Jim Trott out of Vicar of Dibley though

• I think he's got at least a couple more seasons in him.

• Just think we'd do better with a regional accents guy that could command the eastern front rather than remain rooted to the home counties the whole time.

Never does an accent you wouldn't expect him to do for me.

• @bluntphil brilliant as always. The music for me is always a highlight. Loved The Crown soundtrack (Duck Shoot) for Reading fan comments (The Royals) - brilliant :-)

• Watford is a very difficult place for him to go.

Does he go full Bradley Walsh or attempt the proper Geri Haliwell intonation? Hopefully hes got the experience of nights in Kudos under his belt.

• I seem to remember him doing a very good Watford earlier in the season.

• @bluntphil said:
    Having worked with the RTB Regional Accents Dept. for well over a season now, he does an excellent job, almost too good at times as I originally thought it’s charm might be that the accents would be crap.

For me the RAD’s mix of ‘almost too good’ and ‘crap’ is all part of the charm. Like a verbal bag of Revels you never know what you’re going to get.

• @bluntphil How are the Regional Accents Dept. and Uri responding to your pep email? Do you think they're giving enough to get you over the line?

• New episode up already folks!

• Wonderful stuff, especially Chairboys Spanish. But I have to ask due to the ambient sounds, the fan interviewed at the end - is she an alpine goat herder?

• Great episode, have to wonder from the Preston comments and the fact we are unlucky not to have beaten them three times how they have so many points.

• Love the little scoffs and chuckles from the opposition view

• Quite like the concept of fan matchday rituals - could be a good one to hear more of as a regular feature, get some fan stories, greatest moments etc
    Mind you, might get a bit repetitive “we go to the Caledonian then we watch the match”
    “We go to the Chairboys Village then we watch the match”
    “We go to...”
    Oh forget it.

• Aye would be good to hear some White Horse adventures for a change

• Why limit ourselves to the pre-match?

"After a defeat, I like to start a fight with a player who has got my goat, in the Wine and Spirits aisle of the nearest supermarket."

• I thought it was near the condiments.

• It was near the fish aisle.....two cod got battered.