Skip to content

Adams Park Covid-19 Vaccination Centre

Comments

• Hope it works.

• Was Pfizered at AP this morning, and more than happy to come away with what will surely become a Covid Championship Collectors's item - a wristband in club colours bearing the words WWFC 1- 0 COVID. I think someone else may have mentioned this previously, but worth re-iterating!

• I’m upset. Can I claim one retrospectively?

• @micra I think you should! I was wearing mine today, and look what happened!!

• Did he get the injection behind a screen door

• @adamspark said:
    Was Pfizered at AP this morning, and more than happy to come away with what will surely become a Covid Championship Collectors's item - a wristband in club colours bearing the words WWFC 1- 0 COVID. I think someone else may have mentioned this previously, but worth re-iterating!

Good to hear.
    Out of interest, are you in one of the top 4 tiers? Or have they started on the U70s now? Heard some areas have.

• @MorrisItal_ said:

Did he get the injection behind a screen door

Was the nurse’s name Julie?

• @Manboobs said:

@MorrisItal_ said:

Did he treat himself to a Hot Dog afterwards? (I think we're done here?)

• @Malone said:

Good to hear.
    Out of interest, are you in one of the top 4 tiers? Or have they started on the U70s now? Heard some areas have.

My brother in law, aged 68, got the Pfizer jab at AP last Thursday.

• @LordMandeville said:

@Malone said:

Good to hear.

My brother in law, aged 68, got the Pfizer jab at AP last Thursday.

Good news

• @Wendoverman said:

@Manboobs said:

@MorrisItal_ said:

Did he treat himself to a Hot Dog afterwards? (I think we're done here?)

'I'll be Satisfied. if he did. I also heard he was complaining 'It's Late' and that he wanted to 'get on home' once the jab had been administered. He was also heard to remark that he was glad the clinic was indoors as 'It's Raining' outside.

• Looking at Shaky's footwork in that video, he'd have made a great No 10.

• Like Mehmessi.

• I'm sure the Pfizer can do a job but a shame that Wycombe failed to sign the Astra Zenica for the run-in. ?

• Good to hear.

Over 65's - phone call from GP surgery previous day. Yesterday (13th) I received an NHS letter (dated 5th Feb), inviting me to make an appointment ...

• Yep, similar to me. I'm 69 and received a GP text to book a jab 12 days ago. Had the Pfizer at Chesham Town Hall last Wednesday and received the NHS letter to book on Saturday. Mrs Valley Wanderer (67) had no GP text but tried the NHS website on Friday and got straight in. She's having hers at Victoria Pharmacy in Desborough on Tuesday. She also received her NHS letter with mine on Saturday. If you're over 65 it's worth trying the NHS site as you only require your NHS number and your DOB to book. COYV (come on you vaccine).

• Anti-Gasroom limbs brigade on Facebook will be loving this thread as we all reveal just how ancient we are.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Anti-Gasroom limbs brigade on Facebook will be loving this thread as we all reveal just how ancient we are.

I'm on the gasroom and I'm faintly embarrassed to see people admitting they got their groove on to Shaking Stevens!

Or in fact know he had more than just that Christmas song!

• @Malone said:

@MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Anti-Gasroom limbs brigade on Facebook will be loving this thread as we all reveal just how ancient we are.

I'm on the gasroom and I'm faintly embarrassed to see people admitting they got their groove on to Shaking Stevens!

Is he not back in fashion yet? Even ironically? We only had TOTP...you had to take your entertainments where you could.

• Has Hancock found out exactly who is his step sisters, step grandfathers > @Malone said:

@MindlessDrugHoover said:

Christmas song ?? Should be songs
    Blue Christmas was a classic, nothing wrong with showing your appreciation for the Double Denim king of Rock'n' roll .

• The eponymously titled Shaky was the first album I ever owned (on cassette)

• @eric_plant mine was All Mod Cons...I cannot say I was a big fan but I was aware of the retro rock n roll stylings of Mr Stevens. I seem to recall he had a red hot live band in the early days.

• @Wendoverman said:
    @eric_plant mine was All Mod Cons...I cannot say I was a big fan but I was aware of the retro rock n roll stylings of Mr Stevens. I seem to recall he had a red hot live band in the early days.

Her Indoors reminded me that Shaky was pretty big in the ‘80’s. Wikipedia says he was the biggest selling singles artist of that period.

My first album owned was by ELO (Christmas Present). First bought, Armed Forces by Elvis Costello (on cassette).

• @eric_plant said:
    The eponymously titled Shaky was the first album I ever owned (on cassette)

Same here, but on vinyl. I won’t lie and claim it was something by Joy Division like some do!

Despite his retro stylings, Shaky had a futurist string to his bow, as evidenced by one of his albums containing a computer game. Who else was doing that in the early 80s? Closest would be Chris ‘Frank Sidebottom’ Sievey of course, with his epic band game ‘The Biz’, but that was a standalone affair.

https://www.digitiser2000.com/main-page/behold-the-shakin-stevens-game

• I always thought many a Shakin Stevens album was bought by well meaning grandparents to give the grand kids something trendy for Christmas

• @Wendoverman said:
    @eric_plant mine was All Mod Cons...I cannot say I was a big fan but I was aware of the retro rock n roll stylings of Mr Stevens. I seem to recall he had a red hot live band in the early days.

The Sunsets were Shaky's backing band in the early days, and he recorded under Shakin Stevens and the Sunsets.

• That’s one thing that was missing at the jab session - glad I coined that! - background music. The log fires were lovely (Caledonians scratching heads) but low volume mood music would have been good. I’ll kick off with Needles and Pinza by The Searchers which @ChasHarps and @LX1 may recognise as an allusion to a briefly famous Derby champion. 1953 though so might be stretching it a bit.

• How about If you tolerate this then your children will be next by the manics as a bit of vaccination mood music @micra

• Intriguing @Morris_Ital but have to confess I’m not up to speed with the work of (I assume) the Manic Street Preachers. According to some antivacs, children could become in short supply.