Skip to content

Match day thread: Huddersfield

Comments

• Thought we played well going forward, but at the risk of upsetting @davecz again, it’s our defending that’s letting us down. Two highly preventable goals, although there looked a suspicion of offside on the first one.

• @username123 said:
    I’m missing Phil Catchpole!

He is on 3CR this afternoon commentating on our game if you are in the region. That's who I am listening to.

• I thought that was a much improved first half only marred by completely switching off for the first goal and giving them a chance to counter for the second.

Like Knight n midfield and at least Horgan is seeing some ball. McCleary is having a ‘mare.

• @Wisdom_Of_Harry said:

@username123 said:
    I’m missing Phil Catchpole!

He is on 3CR this afternoon commentating on our game if you are in the region. That's who I am listening to.

Why can’t we have that on iFollow?

• @aloysius said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@leo030500 said:
    Important goal. I don’t mind Pete it adds a different dimension for sure but he has a bit of energy about him. Time to wake up at the back and get back into this

I like him but I don't think this is his best area, and two senior club men doing Comms is obviously not going to get into the most diverse discussions. Both would no doubt happily let someone else do it if possible.

The commentary reminds me of the Death of Stalin film. The club employee and his boss both hoping not to say the wrong thing while Uncle Rob is listening. Everytime Matt provides some impartial commentary, Pete is on hand to remind him to be more positive. Must say I feel for Matt today.

The constant insistence from Pete today that there is no such thing as an incorrect refereeing decision seems almost snide too.

• Pete is dreadful on commentary.... I hope he never does it ever again. Reminds me of a new kid at school who does/tries everything he can do to be everyone's friend, and just ends up irritating

• @Brownie said:

@aloysius said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@leo030500 said:
    Important goal. I don’t mind Pete it adds a different dimension for sure but he has a bit of energy about him. Time to wake up at the back and get back into this

I like him but I don't think this is his best area, and two senior club men doing Comms is obviously not going to get into the most diverse discussions. Both would no doubt happily let someone else do it if possible.

The commentary reminds me of the Death of Stalin film. The club employee and his boss both hoping not to say the wrong thing while Uncle Rob is listening. Everytime Matt provides some impartial commentary, Pete is on hand to remind him to be more positive. Must say I feel for Matt today.

The constant insistence from Pete today that there is no such thing as an incorrect refereeing decision seems almost snide too.

Neatly countered by a comment about how Championship players ‘know how to win a free kick’ comment. The commentary does have a slightly North Korean news feel to it.

• Sounds like Pete has been browsing the gasroom at half time.

• Their commentary is quite amusing - you would think that Bacuna is Pele, he is ripping us to pieces allegedly. And they seem to really, really like Horgan too!!

• @username123 said:
    Their commentary is quite amusing - you would think that Bacuna is Pele, he is ripping us to pieces allegedly. And they seem to really, really like Horgan too!!

I think it's the same as early season on here. Everyone was certain he's a quality player, and is willing him to show it, so constantly talk him up.

When really he's probably not got close to what he can do.

• Uche is a great player.

• Huddersfield look rattled. Get the next goal here and this game is really there for the taking.

• @Brownie said:
    Huddersfield look rattled. Get the next goal here and this game is really there for the taking.

Yes we need to get a break from this decent spell

• Commentary is much better today and absolutely fine from people who are not broadcasters. But of course if you’re a Couhig sceptic, you won’t be happy with it.

• Come on JJ....

• Get the fook in. As they say up there.

• Uche! Doesnt need to pass if he can do that

• Never in doubt.

• uche is simply seseantiknal...

• Could we score three in a league game?

• Fair play to the lads, not easy to battle back from 2-0 down away from home. First time we’ve done it in this league. Wonderful to see, let’s hope it pays dividends come 90 minutes.

• @Wanderers82 said:
    uche is simply seseantiknal...

Was gonna say exactly the same.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Commentary is much better today and absolutely fine from people who are not broadcasters. But of course if you’re a Couhig sceptic, you won’t be happy with it.

Agree totally.
    He's fine. Certainly no worse than when Big Bill T shows up with his uniquely biased stuff.

• @JohnBoy said:
    Fair play to the lads, not easy to battle back from 2-0 down away from home. First time we’ve done it in this league. Wonderful to see, let’s hope it pays dividends come 90 minutes.

Not sure you’re supposed to say that.

• Come on boys. A win here could be the start of something special!

• I’m a little worried about that double kick out that Uche did when brought down. We’re lucky he didn’t make contact with anyone.

• We missed you Joe

• Commentary very good I think .... as enjoyable as the game but you’ll never please everyone and @HolmerBlue seems to spend every game telling everyone how much he hates Couhig

• Come on boys let's get the winner

• Pete’s one of the lads. Give him a break.