Skip to content

Match day thread: Huddersfield

Comments

• Mehmeti needs to be tied down to a long term contract ASAP. Either going to be a key player for us for a long time, or earn the club a lot of money. Great finish at the best possible time. Hope that gives them a kick up the backside after another generally uninspiring 45 minutes all over the pitch.

• Mehmeti is a reason the future looks bright, no matter what division we find ourselves in.

• Other than being 2-1 down to two very weak goals, I don’t get all this bleakness. Played some decent stuff, hit the bar, couple off the line.

I must be watching a different game or am turning into @glasshalffull!

• Such a shame Pete got cut off.

• We did deserve that at the end, too - some real close shaves up to that point.

• Get in. Bit of hope. Mehmeti is quality. If others round him have to work harder so be it.

• @Malone said:
    What a goal Mehmeti!!

And good booting of the keeper from Wheeler as well lol.

Shame the camera panned away for part of that !

Anyway well done Mehmeti that was a terrific goal. Keep going second half lads.

• Mehmeti is a sensational talent. Watching him warm up before games. His touch, balance and shooting is sublime. Now he’s bringing it into games. Build a team around him !

• A point or more today would boost morale in the squad!

• @arnos_grove said:
    Other than being 2-1 down to two very weak goals, I don’t get all this bleakness. Played some decent stuff, hit the bar, couple off the line.

I agree - we have been pretty positive overall, and kept the ball on the ground a lot too.

• And among us fans

• I can recommend a @Wanderers82 free match thread. Better for your blood pressure at least.

• Important goal. I don’t mind Pete it adds a different dimension for sure but he has a bit of energy about him. Time to wake up at the back and get back into this

• @arnos_grove said:
    Other than being 2-1 down to two very weak goals, I don’t get all this bleakness. Played some decent stuff, hit the bar, couple off the line.

It was the fact that we were playing decently and still losing 2-0 that caused the bleakness!
    But goals change games as we all know, and it's up for grabs now.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I can recommend a @Wanderers82 free match thread. Better for your blood pressure at least.

i am perfectly fit and healthy...so worry about yourself fella

• @Wendoverman said:
    I can recommend a @Wanderers82 free match thread. Better for your blood pressure at least.

Would imagine 90% have him on ignore now

• Important goal that. We can at least now have a genuine belief at half time that we can win the game. Getting the players going would have been difficult without it.

The first ten minutes is key. If we concede another shore goal then it will hugely dent confidence I fear.

• One thing I like about the lineup is that there are potential goals throughout it, which is not always the case.

• @Malone said:

@Wendoverman said:

Would imagine 90% have him on ignore now

I’ve just gone for it. The grim fascination with his idiocy is no longer good for the soul.

• Given ourselves half a chance despite playing pretty poorly. Hopefully the goal will give them the confidence, which is low, to up the intensity and have a right old go.

• @leo030500 said:
    Important goal. I don’t mind Pete it adds a different dimension for sure but he has a bit of energy about him. Time to wake up at the back and get back into this

I like him but I don't think this is his best area, and two senior club men doing Comms is obviously not going to get into the most diverse discussions. Both would no doubt happily let someone else do it if possible.

• @davecz we’ve certainly defended poorly, but I don’t think we’ve been poor going forwards.

• Mehmeti hopefully making the advanced midfield role his own from now on.

• @arnos_grove said:

Same here. Thoroughly enjoyable game.

• so many pompous berks on here

• @StrongestTeam said:

@leo030500 said:
    Important goal. I don’t mind Pete it adds a different dimension for sure but he has a bit of energy about him. Time to wake up at the back and get back into this

I like him but I don't think this is his best area, and two senior club men doing Comms is obviously not going to get into the most diverse discussions. Both would no doubt happily let someone else do it if possible.

He needs to better understand the difference between how players should treat refereeing decisions (just get on with it) and how commentators should discuss them.

• I thought I could put up with stuff and never blocked anyone but for the last year certainly I've found it is better for my soul at least to ignore rather than continue to engage.

• A strange 45 minutes of football - it looked like the writing was on the wall after the amateurish offside trap for the first and offering very little going forward until right at the end. Mehmeti had a good half the sublime goal notwithstanding, only black mark the sloppy play being caught on the ball in our defensive third. He needs to learn when to reign in his fantastic creativity and positivity and be a little more wise to when the simple pass, or just simply clearing his lines is the right ball.

If we can sharpen up our passing in the final third and maintain our concentration at the back, we could well get something from this yet. Just need some belief in ourselves if nothing else.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@leo030500 said:

The commentary reminds me of the Death of Stalin film. The club employee and his boss both hoping not to say the wrong thing while Uncle Rob is listening. Everytime Matt provides some impartial commentary, Pete is on hand to remind him to be more positive. Must say I feel for Matt today.

• A few jitters at the back and a couple of errors has gifted them 2 goals, but we have looked much better going forward, retained possession much better than we have for weeks and weeks and Anis scored a lovely goal to keep us in the game and give us a platform for the second half.