Skip to content

Time to change

I’m getting board of the hoof ball football. We play it even when Bayo doesn’t play. We’ve played it since lge 2 and to got great effect really. We’ve won 6 in 37. On this evidence we won’t even do very well in lge 1

Things need to change

Comments

• There was a period last season when Bayo was injuries for several games with no similar style player available. Whilst he was out the team played good football keeping the ball on the ground utilising sharp accurate passing finding space without resorting to the long ball game. This was the tactic at home games and the wins kept coming. Cannot comment on away game tactics. When we heard Bayo was injured I thought the wheel would come off but it did not. Maybe a return to passing football might help in the current situation. Nothing ventured nothing gained,

• Well if you're getting bored it has to change.

Are you bored because you don't like the 'hoof ball' or is it just boring now we have lost a few?

• Agreed Dave. But it’s not happening. We start with Uche and it’s still hoofball. I get that we might do it, when the Big mans on. Hoof ball is letting so many players not able to play their natural game. Mcgleary’s suffering, hogan too, Fred too. Even Samuel because he’s not tall enough or strong enough to win an aerial ball. Time to change

• I thought playing Mehmeti was bold and positive. He is not always going to change a game, but he gives us something very different and should have won a penalty.

Also, it's hard to be too critical after a game played in such awful conditions. Yes, it is the same for both teams, but it looked atrocious out there, and the enemy of slick football.

I have wanted Mehmeti to get a lookin in the absence of Freeman, and I am certainly not going to change my tune because he did not score a Maradona-like goal in a blizzard.

• Shev, it wasn't an easy watch, but for most part Mehmeti was average at best and gave the ball away far to easily, no one shone last night and no one had a shocker. Adineran must have a problem, on early season form he was a far superior player, but now not in the shake up. I am resigned to relegation and fear what we will see next year with elevated expectation. Just look at the teams (I cant even type them) that cannot get out of league 1 who will still have many times our budget.

• @davebevan said:
    There was a period last season when Bayo was injuries for several games with no similar style player available. Whilst he was out the team played good football keeping the ball on the ground utilising sharp accurate passing finding space without resorting to the long ball game. This was the tactic at home games and the wins kept coming. Cannot comment on away game tactics. When we heard Bayo was injured I thought the wheel would come off but it did not. Maybe a return to passing football might help in the current situation. Nothing ventured nothing gained,

How do you explain the FACT that Bayo has started 10 games this season in which we have gained 8 points. He has not started 17 games and we also have only achieved 8 points.

• Still ZERO goals though

• You haven't answered my question though @TrueBlu.

• @Shev said:
    I thought playing Mehmeti was bold and positive. He is not always going to change a game, but he gives us something very different and should have won a penalty.

Also, it's hard to be too critical after a game played in such awful conditions. Yes, it is the same for both teams, but it looked atrocious out there, and the enemy of slick football.

I have wanted Mehmeti to get a lookin in the absence of Freeman, and I am certainly not going to change my tune because he did not score a Maradona-like goal in a blizzard.

Bump.