Skip to content

When does everyone think we’ll next score a goal?

I’m going for late April. I reckon we’ll get one more before the season is over.

Comments

• I'll take early April

• I'm sure we'll get a couple in the next 5-2 ?

• Could do it as a replacement for the scorers competition which seems entirely moot these days.

• @drcongo said:
    Could do it as a replacement for the scorers competition which seems entirely moot these days.

Goal scorer competitions are always rubbish

• Next game of course :love:

• Are we in "let's pretend we scored a goal" territory yet

• I think we will get a goal when JJ comes back. I have a feeling a week today, JJ penalty v Derby.

• @mooneyman said:
    I think we will get a goal when JJ comes back. I have a feeling a week today, JJ penalty v Derby.

I for one am putting this run of crap form down to JJ being out.
    It's our last remaining straw to grapple for.

• Yes, there were a couple of promising positions for JJ today, but Obita and Nnamdi are not fit to fly his corner flag in these situations.

• Even Man United couldn't score in 90 minutes tonight, though as I write, they have taken the lead in extra time.

• @Shev said:
    Yes, there were a couple of promising positions for JJ today, but Obita and Nnamdi are not fit to fly his corner flag in these situations.

oh thanks, I’d already managed to block that Nnamdi free kick shambles from my mind, but no. In a game stuffed full of lowlights, that was a standout.

• @AlanCecil said:
    Even Man United couldn't score in 90 minutes tonight, though as I write, they have taken the lead in extra time.

Slight difference is that United are dominating West Ham and it was only a matter of time.

Wycombe could be playing all week and wouldn't score v Wednesday.

• I think it will be like the start of the season, where an error finally sets us on our way. Next scorer will be Admiral.

• @Malone said:

@AlanCecil said:
    Even Man United couldn't score in 90 minutes tonight, though as I write, they have taken the lead in extra time.

Slight difference is that United are dominating West Ham and it was only a matter of time.

My bad - I only turned over to BBC1 once our game had finished!

• @Shev said:
    I think it will be like the start of the season, where an error finally sets us on our way. Next scorer will be Admiral.

Must admit I read this as being the next goal would be next season :)

I was about to award you the Trevor award for most negative poster on the gasroom!

• @AlanCecil said:

@Malone said:

@AlanCecil said:

My bad - I only turned over to BBC1 once our game had finished!

Yeah same here (whistles uncomfortably)
    In fairness the first half was buffering so madly it was infuriating.

• At Huddersfield. We will get two and win 2-1 (Uche and JJ). You heard it here first ?

• We will tighten up at the back at Huddersfield and we might even score. It's what good teams do after a defeat.

• This aged very well

• edited February 2021

@thedieharder said:
    This aged very well

Regulars will remember @eric_plant’s “When does everyone think we will clinch promotion” thread, which was obviously solely responsible for us clinching promotion last season.

I’ll take the credit for turning us back into a scoring side with this thread thank you very much.

• It's tough always being right about everything

• I hope to find out one day. I am relentlessly wrong.

• I did say we would get a goal when JJ came back.

• @mooneyman said:
    I did say we would get a goal when JJ came back.

You did. Well done you. It felt good having JJ back in the side. A calmness was restored

• Can we start a 'When will we get another decent referee?' thread? That was refreshing today.

• @Malone said:
    Next game of course :love:

As everyone else on here and on fb seems to be quoting posts of themselves occasionally being right ;)

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@mooneyman said:
    I did say we would get a goal when JJ came back.

You did. Well done you. It felt good having JJ back in the side. A calmness was restored

Minor point in the scheme of things today but JJ gets a knock or is tiring and the question is does he need replacing with our other left back. Not - Shit are we screwed and how long for.