Skip to content

Match day thread: Sheffield Wednesday

Comments

• Sad times

• @bigred87 said:
    I just feel like we need to more direct... Ainsworth needs to delay making subs so early in the game too!!

"Stop hoofing it" after the weekend. "Play more direct" after midweek. Sometimes, people just like to complain.

• 99% sure that was sarcasm @JohnBoy

• We’ve been shite. They’ve been shite. Is the pitch even playable?

• McCleary should be the first name on the team sheet for us. I can't understand why he's not starting.

• Tafazolli is also someone who flatters to deceive for me. Would much prefer Stewart and Knight.

• edited February 2021

I’ve got Yakety Sax playing over the top instead of the commentary. It’s much more apt.

• Why do I exist?

• We are going backwards every game. Tactically. Technically. Commitment. Energy.

• Everything about the game has been awful, 2 sides doomed for relegation, a very sub-standard almost unplayable pitch and some dreadful officials

• We could play all night and not score

• @prufrock_91 said:

@HolmerBlue said:

@prufrock_91 said:

@HolmerBlue said:
    Horgan didnt look over happy about coming off there, dont blame him, he'll be gone in the summer

Where do you think he's going? He's done little as part of one of the worst championship teams in history. Who are biting their hands off to sign him? He'll be here as we won't want to sell him

Probably to a team that plays more football than us, that can utilise an international player better

You understand he doesn't just sidle up to a team and decide they're going to sign him right?

Lol... I'm not going to start an argument, but dont be silly, of course I do. But he's a current international, clearly a good/decent player, will probably be cheap, will be happy to go to whoever in the championship would like him, and there would be at least a couple

• @drcongo said:
    99% sure that was sarcasm @JohnBoy

Oh. Should've read the whole thing, shouldn't I?

• The irony of our 2 commentators bemoaning time wasting is not lost on me

• Indeed @Last_Quarter know I'm not at training etc etc but McLeary always seems to carry a threat that others don't.

• we need to work and play a more expansive style of football in preparation for league 1 so that we have a plan B ...we are now relegated so let's try something new

• I do think it's hard to keep that team spirit with so many new players, in a dogfight, with the generals rarely on the pitch. Just tough.

• I don’t expect much but this is so bad. Wednesday are garbage, we’re even worse. Surely we have to try something other than thumping it to no-one in particular.

I have to assume confidence is shot all round.

• edited February 2021

Matt Cecil saying it's a shame the snow didn't start earlier to result in a postponement sums up where we are as a team right now pretty well.

• @HolmerBlue said:

@prufrock_91 said:

@HolmerBlue said:
    Horgan didnt look over happy about coming off there, dont blame him, he'll be gone in the summer

Where do you think he's going? He's done little as part of one of the worst championship teams in history. Who are biting their hands off to sign him? He'll be here as we won't want to sell him

Probably to a team that plays more football than us, that can utilise an international player better

To be fair, apart from 40 games for Preston and 3 goals, all his career has been in Ireland or Scotland. Hasn't played at a higher level than this throughout his whole career.

• @drcongo said:
    99% sure that was sarcasm @JohnBoy

Thank you.... put a good film it will ease the pain of that horror show.

• @Brownie said:
    Matt Cecil saying it's a shame the snow didn't start earlier to result in a postponement sums up where we are as a team right now pretty well.

I only signed back in to say can the ref call it off?

• And the final indgnity, Pete calling for Allsop to shoot ...from 90 yards away.

Gallows humour time.

• @DJWYC14 said:
    The irony of our 2 commentators bemoaning time wasting is not lost on me

It is getting quite embarrassing. Pete may be the man for the finances and business plan but not for voicing a grim defeat.

• @mooneyman said:

@HolmerBlue said:

@prufrock_91 said:

@HolmerBlue said:

To be fair, apart from 40 games for Preston and 3 goals, all his career has been in Ireland or Scotland. Hasn't played at a higher level than this throughout his whole career.

Fair enough, I could well be wrong.... according to my missus I am regularly

• I would imagine having actually been signed for a fee Horgan is quite well paid and we may take an offer if we are in League 1.

• I think the mass rotation of tonight's team is a reason for why we haven't been good. Stewart and Tafazolli have only played alongside each other once before and

• <- That's leading to poor team chemistry

• I'm beginning to think we might not make the playoffs lads.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I would imagine having actually been signed for a fee Horgan is quite well paid and we may take an offer if we are in League 1.

I wouldn't think so, with that and the investments the Couhigs made with Obita and Uche, they'll want to make a good fist of it on league 1.