Skip to content

Match day thread: Sheffield Wednesday

Comments

• How many goals do we concede in that 30-35 min slot. It's like watching the same game every time.

Het denied a penalty and give a goal away on 30 mins

• I follow feed completely fine.

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Mehmeti giving the ball away too much. Horgan not getting on the ball. Front two doing nothing. You can’t have that much of a team not functioning and expect anything.

Yeah simply to deep and in a long ball system...

• Obita needs more defensive help. Kadeem Harris has him every single time.

• Sorry but this poor. Clueless at the moment. We need to get hold of the ball.

• I’ve missed a lot because of frequent screen freezes but am I right in thinking that Kareem Harris has been getting freedom of the park?

• Every time one of our players gets the ball (apart from Memehti), they smash it long and give away possession - even with a team mate stood alone and unmarked 10 yards in front of them. Why would we do this? Are they told to? If so, why? We’re keeping hold of the ball about 1 in 20 hoofs and none of them lead to an opportunity. It makes absolutely no sense.

• Did I just hear we’ve had 48% possession?

• we have no plan B and seem to look clueless...glad I saved a tenner

• A bit of passing might help indeed. Horgan looked lively early...hardly touched it since. Had high hopes of Taff and Stewart but the goal was a bit soft.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Did I just hear we’ve had 48% possession?

Half of that is Rocky checking his studs.

• It’s free on iFollow midweek isn’t it? I got access without payment tonight but have a vague recollection of paying a tenner three or four weeks ago for a game that I either didn’t need to or it was postponed.

• Memehti has got that ability to create space and time for himself. Obita is getting roasted this evening and as @Brownie said probably needs help

• Need to get a bit more compact. When we get the ball there for appear to be any options on for a pass and when Wednesday have it we are too deep and give our midfield too much ground to cover. Getting the line up 10 yards would be a start.

‘Right we are connected...Don’t fucking hang up’ has been the highlight of the half.

• Matt - you were on air there ?

• @drcongo said:
    Every time one of our players gets the ball (apart from Memehti), they smash it long and give away possession - even with a team mate stood alone and unmarked 10 yards in front of them. Why would we do this? Are they told to? If so, why? We’re keeping hold of the ball about 1 in 20 hoofs and none of them lead to an opportunity. It makes absolutely no sense.

Surely they're told to play like that, painful to watch and not productive!

• Horgan is very overated in my opinion. No end product.

• @micra said:
    Buffering the whole time. Hopeless.

Same for about 35mins, Signing out, and back in etc.

I blame myself for signing in 2mins before kick off. I swear that seems to cause massive performance issues.

• Whoops! Matt just did a Gordon Brown.
    Got the mic set up and then said “don’t effing touch it”! Nice one Matt!

• Sad thing is this game looks winnable.

• Our players don't seem to be able to stand up.

Need something to get some confidence in the side. Too many not taking a second touch and passing the responsibility and not the ball. Hit Bayo on his chest, not a 10 metre area around him.

• @micra said:
    It’s free on iFollow midweek isn’t it? I got access without payment tonight but have a vague recollection of paying a tenner three or four weeks ago for a game that I either didn’t need to or it was postponed.

This one is free, but I thought there was one game that was originally on a Saturday, moved to midweek, and thus was still payable.

I thought tonight was that game in fairness. But can't be! Good job after the buffering.

• @mooneyman said:
    Horgan is very overated in my opinion. No end product.

TBF he set up the non-penalty/chance for Mehmeti which was our best chance of the half. We so rarely give him the ball in a good area it's hard for him to do much more.

• @Malone said:

@micra said:
    Buffering the whole time. Hopeless.

Same for about 35mins, Signing out, and back in etc.

I blame myself for signing in 2mins before kick off. I swear that seems to cause massive performance issues.

Same here. Bit late with the sausage egg and chips and just got it set up as they kicked off.

• Mehmeti can be hot or cold, but he definitely gives us the ability to attack through the middle. We have looked dangerous at times, and even if we lose, it's hard to really get a read on things when the pitch looks so atrocious. This game is a free pass from me either way.

• @mooneyman said:
    Horgan is very overated in my opinion. No end product.

Would need to see him in a vaguely competitive team, or a team who occasionally feed him the ball in decent positions.
    But generally agree, even when people were raving early season.

• Ward is shockingly bad - 2 very strange decisions, the non-penalty & the free kick against Nnamdi for standing still, plus he has missed a couple of off the ball assaults by Pattison.

• Bayo...
    Pass 1
    Shoot on goal 1
    Fk won 1

Dual won but possession lost 6

Dual lost 12
    Misses 2

Defensive headers 0

Just saying.....

• Paterson? Don’t want our Alex impugned!

• @bigred87 said:

@drcongo said:
    Every time one of our players gets the ball (apart from Memehti), they smash it long and give away possession - even with a team mate stood alone and unmarked 10 yards in front of them. Why would we do this? Are they told to? If so, why? We’re keeping hold of the ball about 1 in 20 hoofs and none of them lead to an opportunity. It makes absolutely no sense.

Surely they're told to play like that, painful to watch and not productive!

Why though? Why would you tell your players to do something that gives possession away 95% of the time? Might as well just doff our caps and let Wednesday walk it in.

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    Ward is shockingly bad - 2 very strange decisions, the non-penalty & the free kick against Nnamdi for standing still, plus he has missed a couple of off the ball assaults by Pattison.

First time I've ever seen someone spell a Patterson/Paterson as Pattison.
    It's taken ages to get people calling our Pattison by his proper name!