Skip to content

Match day thread: Sheffield Wednesday

Comments

• JJ and Knight on the bench

• A quite bizarre team with no Knight, Grimmer or Uche. Bloomfield and Gape not in the squad. At least it's different I guess. Excited to see Horgan and Mehmeti. For me, McCleary deserves a start.

Fingers crossed for Bayo to get off the mark.

• I like that team. Knight, Fred, Grimmer and Uche needed a rest and it gives the replacements a chance to earn their money.

• Well, I don't think anyone was expecting that line up... Interesting.... COYB!!!!!!!

• The strength of that bench is outrageous

• Wonder what's happened to dear old Dennis? McCleary surely isnt 100% atm, he was in fine form before the outbreak....

• So I guess its Thompson, Oforborh, Mehmeti in the middle with Kashket and Horgan as Wingers and Bayo as the target man?

• I think a few of those changes were expected. Grimmer and especially Knight need a rest and it's great to see Stewart back in and McCarthy given a go. Midfield looks good and has a nice mix of steel and creativity.

Bayo for Uche is a big surprise though. I though Uche played really well Saturday with no reward and was subbed fairly early. Will be great having him off the bench though, just as long as Rhodes hasn't put the game out of sight by then!

• Hopefully Bayo is going to prove me wrong. He looks injured and lacking any legs and mobility. Just cannot see how he is going to offer any threat but will be delighted if he does.

• Really hope Bayo gets his goal, but I dont think he should be starting in front of Uche, and, what has happened to Adeniran ?????

• If the 433 isn’t played I’ll be happy

• Love it, love it, love it. (Check back with me in two hours or so!)

• No change in the style we are going to play with this selection.

• @DaveyK said:
    If the 433 isn’t played I’ll be happy

That lineup can only be 433 can’t it?

McCarthy in when JJ is out may at least give us some set piece teeth.

• @davecz said:
    No change in the style we are going to play with this selection.

I think Mehmeti will enable us to play more than one way.

• @drcongo said:

@DaveyK said:
    If the 433 isn’t played I’ll be happy

That lineup can only be 433 can’t it?

McCarthy in when JJ is out may at least give us some set piece teeth.

• How bloody vain is that from their owner ? To have his own name spelt out in the seats rather than anything to do with the club !

• Is this really kicking off in 2 minutes? Where is everyone?

• Disgraceful isn’t it.

• Could be a diamond @drcongo with 2 up front , I'd consider writing it out if I knew what a backtick was and where it might be on this phone keyboard.

• @Shev said:
    Love it, love it, love it. (Check back with me in two hours or so!)

You would rather Bayo than Uche ? I'm not having a go, genuine question

• What on earth is that groundsman doing?

• Hillsborough is a wonderful stadium - hope we can visit next season one way or another (may be optimistic on two counts)

• Lot of buffering for me tonight..
    But I am a lot warmer than that lot for sure.

• Is Harris a left back now?

• Commentary via mobile

• Sly dig at Ward. Good start on the commentary

• This is like listening to a far flung international match in the 70s.

• Oh dear...commentary on a phone and an enthusiastic americanian co-commentator. This could grim up north...

• @HolmerBlue said:

@Shev said:
    Love it, love it, love it. (Check back with me in two hours or so!)

You would rather Bayo than Uche ? I'm not having a go, genuine question

It's one start after about 8 Uche starts in a row.

Better Bayo starting 1 game in 8, then Bayo starting 3 every 4 like previously.