Skip to content

Match day thread: Sheffield Wednesday

Comments

• Look at those eyes! I want some of what that owl is on.

• Are we playing today or tomorrow? Fixtures say Wednesday.

• @LX1 said:
    Are we playing today or tomorrow? Fixtures say Wednesday.

Tonight with 7pm ko
    https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/matches/fixtures/

• We are playing Wednesday............Sheffield Wednesday

Sorry, I'll get my coat

• @Brownie said:
    Look at those eyes! I want some of what that owl is on.

There’s something sinister about it. The looking at you over the shoulder perhaps? The eyes suggesting it’s been on the Bolivian marching powder for a good while and has recently done something unspeakable to a mouse.

• The owl looks a bit too coy - like a Georgian lady flirting with a potential suitor.

• They should replace 'Wisdom and Courage' with "What are you looking at, you mug?"

• The eye of Sauron.

• At least it is Sheff Weds who had to remember to turn on their undersoil heating last night!

• If fit my team would be: Allsop, Grimmer, Stewart, Knight, Jacobson - Adeniran, Thompson Ofoborth, McCleary, Ikpeazu and Horgan.

• Aaaw no - Gavin Ward.

Must stay calm.

• Surely having such a small pool of refs gives rise to lots more occasions where we have one that has wronged us.
    Doesn't seem that helpful

• Perhaps he’ll make amends this evening!
    Nit holding my breath.

• Both sides need to win tonight which is never a great thing. Stewart and Taff at the back and JJ returning will make me feel a little bit better but it's going to to a tough grim watch for both sets of fans I think (and hope actually...we don't want any undue excitement or rushes of blood to the head at this stage of the season :smile: )

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    If fit my team would be: Allsop, Grimmer, Stewart, Knight, Jacobson - Adeniran, Thompson Ofoborth, McCleary, Ikpeazu and Horgan.

Ditto

• edited February 2021

@micra said:
    Perhaps he’ll make amends this evening!
    Nit holding my breath.

Do you mean the nit that is equal to one candela (the sun is rated as 1.6 billion of them) or an egg of a louse? Sorry couldn't resist.

• You nitpicker @mooneyman ! Thought that was my preserve.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    If fit my team would be: Allsop, Grimmer, Stewart, Knight, Jacobson - Adeniran, Thompson Ofoborth, McCleary, Ikpeazu and Horgan.

If fit I would get Stewart in and rest Knight myself. Otherwise those fellas should get the job done.

• I'm only the apprentice and can only dream of reaching your dizzy heights of nitpicking @micra!

• @Blue_since_1990 said:

Double ditto

• Which game did Gavin Ward ref before?

• @Shev said:
    Which game did Gavin Ward ref before?

Norwich away in October. Gave the last minute free kick...

• I don’t know about anybody else but I feel like we will soon give someone a right hammering in the Championship. Could tonight be the night?

• @Gary said:
    I don’t know about anybody else but I feel like we will soon give someone a right hammering in the Championship. Could tonight be the night?

If by hammering you mean squeeze a single goal win, then yes, I reckon tonight will be that night.

Sometimes you need to hit rock bottom. I thought the Brentford lashing was it, but the two games after that were in fact it.

I hope.

• Like the look of that.

Freshened it up a treat.

Roll on that first Bayo championship goal.

• iFollow already up and running! COYB or COYM!

• I am imagining some really red angry faces amongst some of the moaners on that team selection.

I quite like it. Kasket and Bayo are the new Ant and Dec.

• Bit more creativity perhaps and I think Curtis and Nnamdi are a good holding 2. Would like to see Uche and SK at some point it seems at the moment like Bayo and SK must be played together