Skip to content

Match day thread: Nottingham Forest

Comments

• I still think we'll win a few, especially when the tension builds for other clubs in promotion and relegation fights.

• @Wanderers82 said:
    think this will be the last time that i will be watching us on Ifollow....sad state to expect us to lost and for us NOT to score....might watch paint drying from now on...its more entertaining.

The Covid equivalent of your previous hissy fits. Still here though...

• @Wanderers82 said:

@eric_plant said:
    (that was a reply to wanderer82 btw)

your a bag of laughs ..i bet your boyfriend is the only person that likes listening to you

@Chris @drcongo hello admin can we get a post / user removed for homophobia please

• Will keep watching only because I get the games free on iFollow. We’re not even difficult to beat now.

• edited February 2021

@Brownie said:

@Wanderers82 said:

@eric_plant said:

your a bag of laughs .. ***************** homophobic post removed **********

@Chris @drcongo hello admin can we get a post / user removed for homophobia please

why is this homophobia? how do you know that he is male? your so pathetic...get a life

• @Brownie you beat me to it

• @Shev said:
    I still think we'll win a few, especially when the tension builds for other clubs in promotion and relegation fights.

I'm a bit nervous on that, as we're drilling through the fixtures against the weaker teams.

But by sheer percentages we'll probably win some..

• @drcongo said:
    That double substitution is my cue to leave. We’re definitely not going to score now. See you all Tuesday.

Thanks for your> @HolmerBlue said:

Is it just me or does it sort of look like the players themselves dont believe any more ?

I'd give up if i was asked to play football like that... What must the actual capable player's think when Bloomfield is getting starts? It's a kick in the teeth from Ainsworth who im losing respect for rapidly.

• @Mr67 said:
    Will keep watching only because I get the games free on iFollow. We’re not even difficult to beat now.

Forest are a lot better than their league position, in fairness. Revitalised under Hughton.

I'm more disappointed by the likes of Birmingham midweek and a few other draws that we needed to win.

• Some premier league veterans and some experienced championship players in the Forest team so under normal circumstances the result is not a surprise. Having to beat teams like that at this stage of the season is just a quest too far...

• Why at this stage of the season?

• @Haytor06 said:
    We are going down without a fight

Good to hear from you @Haytor06 but surely you meant to put your telling point about Kashket playing alongside Ipeakuz (sic) on the thread itself?

• we have a great squad to compete in league next season (if we keep our players) , we are not clinical or even create enough chances in the championship to have a chance of staying in the league this season.

• Today is the day, I stop believing we can stay up. Its time to stop this hoof ball and start trying to play some football . We have the players to play pass and move. I'd rather lose every week playing passing football, then this kick and rush rubbish we are playing now . If we don't change our style we will be back in league 2 in a couple of seasons.

• I hope Gareth is honest and just says that was crap, saying every week I thought we played well is wearing a bit thin.

• We seem to have collapsed since the Covid break. We'd won 2 from 3 before that and had generally been playing well. We've looked completely devoid of energy, especially in the 2nd half of games since that lay off.

Knight clearly needs a rest, hopefully Stewart will come back in on Tuesday. 2 poor mistakes from him today for the goals and we just can't afford to be gifting teams goals.

This season is pretty much gone now, but we do need to find some form ahead of next season. The squad is strong, but we're short of form and energy at present.

• If you thought that was kick and rush @Wetherby_blue you should have seen the Birmingham game!

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Why at this stage of the season?

With our position points wise and the fact a lot of the bigger clubs down here with us (like Forest) will have significantly strengthened/changed their manager since we last played them...and probably lost. I think February might be a decisive month...but that is merely my opinion. Other opinions are available.

• @Wycombe85 said:
    We seem to have collapsed since the Covid break. We'd won 2 from 3 before that and had generally been playing well. We've looked completely devoid of energy, especially in the 2nd half of games since that lay off.

Knight clearly needs a rest, hopefully Stewart will come back in on Tuesday. 2 poor mistakes from him today for the goals and we just can't afford to be gifting teams goals.

This season is pretty much gone now, but we do need to find some form ahead of next season. The squad is strong, but we're short of form and energy at present.

The strong will be really strong in league 1 - even without Knight and Muskwe.
    The squad is strong in numbers for this league, but certainly not by any means in quality.

• I do get mystified by the substitutes. We seem to bring players on and take players off but I struggle to see formation or tactical changes. We therefore play 90 very samey minutes apart from the last few when we chase around like a team of under 11s all trying to do something- anything - which for superior players is really easy to cope with.

• I for one trust GA & Dobbo & the squad to learn from the experience of this season and understand what is required to compete in the Championship in future.

Clubs like Rotherham, Luton & Coventry appear to have learnt and I am certain we can too.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    I do get mystified by the substitutes. We seem to bring players on and take players off but I struggle to see formation or tactical changes. We therefore play 90 very samey minutes apart from the last few when we chase around like a team of under 11s all trying to do something- anything - which for superior players is really easy to cope with.

I don't think we really have a clue what our best team would be, or what's the best way to unlock a number of players like Horgan.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Ok deep breath. Sorry @glasshalffull we are dead in the water. Not good enough on so many levels.

But

GA said in his early days he was not good enough. He knew it. He was honest with himself. The club stuck by him like we will rightly this time around. And I have no doubt he will learn. He will improve. He will know how to get better out of players. He will know how to match himself better against higher level managers. And we will improve next season and hopefully get another crack at this league before too long.

Gareth deserves his chance to show he has learnt from his mistakes this season. One thing we know he can do is motivate his players. He deserves the chance to have another go at League One next season. But no one gets a job for life. If we start showing signs of doing a Yeovil and slip into relegation contention next season it will be time for Gareth to step aside, and hopefully let Richard Dobson step up.

• When @bigred87 loses respect for that Ainsworth things must be bad.

• That was a really depressing watch.

Getting beaten by quality play you can accept but not mistakes every game, first and second goals were dreadful mistakes by Knight, just far too soft.

I absolutely admire Bloomfield and hope that he remains at the club for years to come but he looks so out of his depth at this level. Always a massive ask for him and Bayo at their respective ages to make an impact this season.

• @Wendoverman said:
    When @bigred87 loses respect for that Ainsworth things must be bad.

So refreshing your humour........ boring c#nt

• edited February 2021

@Wanderers82 said:

@Brownie said:

@Wanderers82 said:

@eric_plant said:

your a bag of laughs ..i bet **************** is the only person that likes listening to you

why is this homophobia? how do you know that he is male? your so pathetic...get a life

I know its tricky in these gender fluid days but I usually go with the name...Eric

• @bigred87 said:

@Wendoverman said:
    When @bigred87 loses respect for that Ainsworth things must be bad.

So refreshing your humour........ boring c#nt

Ouch!

• @Brownie said:

@Wanderers82 said:

@eric_plant said:

your a bag of laughs ..i bet your boyfriend is the only person that likes listening to you

Done. @Wanderers82 consider this a last warning, can’t remember the last time I came across someone who actually thinks like that, appalling stuff.

• I bet you sit in the 'main stand' and tut when people go to toilet too?