Skip to content

Match day thread: Nottingham Forest

Comments

• Stewart definitely needs to be included for our next game surely.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    I think clubs will be interested in Uche, he's looked our best player since he's come into the team

We are finally in a position though where we don't need to accept offers for players to survive. If teams want Uche I'm sure the Couhig's will only accept a price they cannot refuse.

• edited February 2021

@Shev said:

And this season has still been an amazing achievement, and has no doubt helped us weather Covid better financially. Something tangible and lasting was achieved at Wembley no matter what!

100%. The memories of going up will always be a huge joy.

Not being able to fully enjoy this season with going to all these famous grounds is a real shame, but I think we can all agree even one season at this level is one season more than almost everyone thought we'd ever have up here.

• I always assumed it would be a difficult battle to stay up and we would need a lot of luck against the 'big' teams but I will stay optimistic as long as I can. Why we don't play the players who have scored goals this season as a starting point I fail to understand. I'm not sure what GA is saving the likes of Mehmeti and Mcleary for.

• @Brownie said:
    tin hat on

I don't think we'll get 23 points.

We'll get 7 points from 20 games. But I'm not sure we'll get huge amounts more.

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    for me the real problem is we seem to want to play "hoof & head" ball whilst our opponents play football; yet when we have kept the ball on the floor (not that often) we have actually looked half decent

This season feels like playing the Carabao cup every single week.
    Which most seasons was a narrow defeat, but occasionally a tonking.

• I fear some of us ancients are destined never to attend a Championship match at Adams Park. A very sad day.

• On another lighter note, the guy stood next to Hughton, with his mask round his chin.
    What's the point of that?!

• Is it just me or does it sort of look like the players themselves dont believe any more ?

• This is the first game I’ve stopped watching before the end. I wouldn’t swap the Wembley memories for anything, but I fear for the next few months.

• @micra said:
    I fear some of us ancients are destined never to attend a Championship match at Adams Park. A very sad day.

I think we'll still get back in for April/May.
    And at least you've had your jab now?

Probably a lot more "riskable" than it was in the autumn?

• Ok deep breath. Sorry @glasshalffull we are dead in the water. Not good enough on so many levels.

But

GA said in his early days he was not good enough. He knew it. He was honest with himself. The club stuck by him like we will rightly this time around. And I have no doubt he will learn. He will improve. He will know how to get better out of players. He will know how to match himself better against higher level managers. And we will improve next season and hopefully get another crack at this league before too long.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Is it just me or does it sort of look like the players themselves dont believe any more ?

If it’s taken this long that’s actually quite an achievement.

• think this will be the last time that i will be watching us on Ifollow....sad state to expect us to lost and for us NOT to score....might watch paint drying from now on...its more entertaining.

• To.be fair @Shev some of us perhaps were trying to overcompensate for some of the more rabid one line pessimism?

• The Wembley memories (and all of last season) were amazing and I too would never change them for a thing. The way this season has gone though has proven that we aren't ready for the Championship and I'm not sure we ever were - GA included. Hopefully in the next season or two we will be.

• Second jab due mid April @Malone so it’s not impossible.

• @Malone said:
    On another lighter note, the guy stood next to Hughton, with his mask round his chin.
    What's the point of that?!

He tends to drool a lot?

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Is it just me or does it sort of look like the players themselves dont believe any more ?

At 3-0 down of course!
    But they've been giving all they have most games so you can't blame them.

• Going down but let’s just see what we can get out of rest of season and give it a good go to return to this league. We have the players to compete next season with a few addictions.

• @Wanderers82 said:
    think this will be the last time that i will be watching us on Ifollow....sad state to expect us to lost and for us NOT to score....might watch paint drying from now on...its more entertaining.

I suspect it won't be. You revel in it too much.

• Certainly more interesting than reading anything you've got to say pal

• (that was a reply to wanderer82 btw)

• And just like that, my last ounce of my blue tinted optimistic side drained away... Bugger....
    That's that for us this season I think.
    At least we have strong foundations for life back in league 1.

• Let's have a last 20 game mission of getting Bayo his Championship goal - let him take every free kick and pen till he does!

• @micra said:
    Second jab due mid April @Malone so it’s not impossible.

The first jab gives a vast amount of the protection but can understand you'd want the second one security.

Hope we get in.
    Glad I did the 2 games, even if it was quite uncomfortable being masked up. Nothing compared to the proper people doing their jobs like it all day though of course.

• @Wanderers82 has been predicting our relegation for so.long I cannot work out why he keeps repeating it. Revel in being so right mate.

• We are going down without a fight

• I will keep watching them even though I am becoming convinced we are doomed to relegation

• edited February 2021

@eric_plant said:
    (that was a reply to wanderer82 btw)

(Homophobic post removed)