Skip to content

Match day thread: Nottingham Forest

Comments

• @Doober48 said:
    For interest is there anybody left that thinks we will stay up

Am certain glasshalffull will still be glassstillwithremainingfluidin.

But it's notable the rest of the "there's still xx games left" crew have faced reality themselves after putting some of us in our place when we feared the worst early doors.

• @Malone said:
    Bloody norma, looked like the ref was going to give a pen when Uche went down there, then just played advantage or something.

Thought that. Don't know how a penalty on him or Knight or a free-kick in the phase after on Wheeler or Uche, wasn't given.

• Horgan seems to think if he keeps shifting it left and right the defenders will move out of the way and that this is much preferable to passing

• @HolmerBlue said:

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    A game to forget for Knight I’m afraid

It was Grimmer who pulled him back I thought

Was it? I just saw two blondes in blue shirts making a thunder fcuk of a defensive clearance and from Knights reaction thought it was him.

• @Shev said:
    I struggle to see why anyone can watch us win 3 in 26 and think we have hope of winning 10 in 20.

Simply the old adage of "hope springs eternal" pal.

Viewing each day with a fresh optimism, and then reality kicking in.

I fear the Oxford fans who said we'd win 5 games were surprisingly spot on.

• @prufrock_91 said:
    At least its a good squad to tackle League One with

Everyone keeps saying this, but Knight wont sign, Admiral wont sign, and I cant see Uche, Taffazolli and Horgan wanting to hang around in league one

• @JohnBoy said:

@Malone said:
    Bloody norma, looked like the ref was going to give a pen when Uche went down there, then just played advantage or something.

Thought that. Don't know how a penalty on him or Knight or a free-kick in the phase after on Wheeler or Uche, wasn't given.

Phil just said even @chairboyscentral (where has he gone by the way) and Bill Turnbull said no no chance it was a pen.

I think for certain it wasn't one with those two saying it!

• @HolmerBlue said:

@prufrock_91 said:

Everyone keeps saying this, but Knight wont sign, Admiral wont sign, and I cant see Uche, Taffazolli and Horgan wanting to hang around in league one

Taffazoli would have been part of two sides finishing bottom of the league two seasons in a row (not that I'm singling him out). I couldn't see too many Championship suiters lining up.

• i am sorry to say that we look well out of our depth....we have some really good players however do not feel that we look like scoring, playing Bloomfield is just a mistake, Uche, has to be flanked by McCleary and Horgan

• @Brownie said:

@HolmerBlue said:

@prufrock_91 said:

Taffazoli would have been part of two sides finishing bottom of the league two seasons in a row (not that I'm singling him out). I couldn't see too many Championship suiters lining up.

Fair point

• @Malone said:

@Shev said:
    I struggle to see why anyone can watch us win 3 in 26 and think we have hope of winning 10 in 20.

Simply the old adage of "hope springs eternal" pal.

Viewing each day with a fresh optimism, and then reality kicking in.

I fear the Oxford fans who said we'd win 5 games were surprisingly spot on.

Fair enough. I have just seen those of us who have read the writing on the wall for weeks being seen as negative/pessimistic instead of realistic!

For what it's worth, the fact I have seen us as down for a while has not dimmed my love for this team, or stopped me tuning in for each game in the hope of a win. It would just take the greatest of great escapes from here, and I am not seeing where the next win is coming from, let alone ten!

It's actually kind of nice to have half a season with no pressure, and little chance of changing our position.

• I just want to beat Rotherham's lowest total points now

• Gaetan Bong would be a good name for a pub.

• @Brownie said:

@HolmerBlue said:

@prufrock_91 said:

Horgan would take a decent fee, but he's hardly been electric for us.

If only he'd scored that open goal 2mins into the first game v Rotherham.

Score that, and maybe we don't lose that day, and maybe we don't lose 7 in a row etc etc

• We could play for a week and never score they are toying with us ,but at least we are playing a bit of football

• Ok, can we suspend the season, and just go again next year?

• 3 bits of shocking defending 3 goals to Forest what the fuck has happened to our defence?

• I agree @Malone. That miss - and game - felt like an uncomfortable overture at the time. I do think there is a version of this season where we stay up.

• tin hat on

I don't think we'll get 23 points.

• Certainly going to be an interesting summer. I’m not sure clubs will be lining up for Uche and Taf, although the club may decide to cash in while they can and settle for a mid table finish. Horgan will definitely be off.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

@HolmerBlue said:

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    A game to forget for Knight I’m afraid

It was Grimmer who pulled him back I thought

Was it? I just saw two blondes in blue shirts making a thunder fcuk of a defensive clearance and from Knights reaction thought it was him.

It was Knight

• this is now embarrassing - GA needs to look his self in the mirror as tactically this is inept....he has been an amazing manager for us but it getting found at at this level..forest have hardly scored this season and have 5 against us this seaon....the championship has been a great ride, we will have a real go in league 1 next season ...hopefully in time we will a better go next time we make this level

• I actually agree with you Shev. We can now look forward to winning a few games next season and actually watching them at Adams Park.

• Great use of "actually" @mooneyman - I do fall under the stopped clock being right twice a day!

• I think clubs will be interested in Uche, he's looked our best player since he's come into the team

• That double substitution is my cue to leave. We’re definitely not going to score now. See you all Tuesday.

• edited February 2021

@Shev said:
    I agree @Malone. That miss - and game - felt like an uncomfortable overture at the time. I do think there is a version of this season where we stay up.

I think almost everything had to go right for us to have a chance.

The early season centre mid issue was huge. Uche and Tafa being out as well.
    That 7 game start was only 7 games, but that put the writing well on the wall.

I think we almost miraculously stayed 3-4 points off safety for a long time, but that was never going to last.

The actual rest of the relegation battle looks really tight. But we're miles off.

• @Malone said:

@Doober48 said:
    For interest is there anybody left that thinks we will stay up

Am certain glasshalffull will still be glassstillwithremainingfluidin.

But it's notable the rest of the "there's still xx games left" crew have faced reality themselves after putting some of us in our place when we feared the worst early doors.

I was thinking that myself.

• And this season has still been an amazing achievement, and has no doubt helped us weather Covid better financially. Something tangible and lasting was achieved at Wembley no matter what!

• for me the real problem is we seem to want to play "hoof & head" ball whilst our opponents play football; yet when we have kept the ball on the floor (not that often) we have actually looked half decent