Skip to content

Match day thread: Nottingham Forest

Comments

• Oddly my picture has gone very low def, even a bit blurry, but has stopped buffering.

I'll take that to be honest!

• edited February 2021

@Malone said:

@floyd said:

@Malone said:

@floyd said:
    Can you be offside if you make contact with the defender as the ball is in the air? Apparently.

Not sure offside has ever been decided on contact.

Pretty obvious what I meant.

Not to me, but apologies if it was to everyone else.

If you’re making contact with a defender, you’re probably not beyond them. But no one seemed to complain.

• Our set pieces have been absolutely awful.

• @OnOurWay, well at least you gave an answer.
    In the role he plays I still think Bloomfield is the best we have. However, an upgrade, on Bloomfield, for next year would be useful.
    Luke O'Nien would fit the bill.

• Not playing badly here. Still hope.

• You only need one part of your body to be beyond them (that you can score with) so yes, you can

• @floyd said:

@Malone said:

@floyd said:

@Malone said:

@floyd said:
    Can you be offside if you make contact with the defender as the ball is in the air? Apparently.

Not sure offside has ever been decided on contact.

Pretty obvious what I meant.

Not to me, but apologies if it was to everyone else.

If you’re making contact with a defender, you’re probably not beyond them. But no one seemed to complain.

Fair enough. Keep the faith brother floyd.

We're still in this. Although my picture is increasingly blurry, like what they tell me a dodgy stream from years ago was like, so I wouldn't want to be too definite!

• Cracking half. Don’t deserve to be down.

• Forest are playing well within themselves, they’ll be two up before the hour.

• Would like to see McCleary come on, not holding out any hope it'll happen soon.

• @eric_plant said:
    You only need one part of your body to be beyond them (that you can score with) so yes, you can

Which is, let’s face it, a daft rule. The picture the club tweeted was far more conclusive to be fair.

• McCleary for Horgan. Has to be.

• Not a bad half of football from us, but some unfortunate familiarities from so many of our games this season:

• Cheap, poorly defended goal.
    • Playing well but not creating many clear cut chances or taking half chances.
    • When Forest do fancy attacking, they're breaking through our midfield with relative ease.

Already a much better performance than Tuesday, but we need to attack throughout this second half. A 2 or 3-0 defeat being beaten late on the counter attack would do exactly the same for us as a valiant 1-0 defeat.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    We miss JJ's set pieces

Yep. If obita had put his free kick away, I might have considered him a worthy backup/ future replacement ?

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Would like to see McCleary come on, not holding out any hope it'll happen soon.

This. He's such a classy player, very strange that he can't get into our starting eleven.

• Half time stats accurate as ever ‘0 offsides’

• @micra said:
    McCleary for Horgan. Has to be.

Why ? At least Horgan has put the ball into the box whenever he had the chance

• @Last_Quarter said:

@StrongestTeam said:
    Would like to see McCleary come on, not holding out any hope it'll happen soon.

This. He's such a classy player, very strange that he can't get into our starting eleven.

Did the club confirm how long he's signed on for?

They mentioned a number of players signing "multi year deals", but surely McCleary hasn't been signed on for 2 more years, rather than one?

• A lot better than Tuesday, but Forest seem comfortable enough. But at least them sitting back has allowed us to grow in confidence a bit. Do need to find a way to play to Horgan’s strengths as he does look like he has the capability to unpick defences.

We definitely miss JJs delivery for set pieces.

• @HolmerBlue said:

@micra said:

McCleary is more direct and more likely to score. He may still be recovering from illness.

• Not sure how you've worked that out

• Is that disappointment on your part @Malone re two years for Mvclreary?

• McCleary!

• @OnOurWay said:
    I love blooms but him chugging off after the ball and arriving 2 seconds too late has been my image of most of the season so far.

He constantly arrives where the ball's just been

• Forest good at doing fouls every time we get in there half, ref needs to get his card out.

• @micra said:

@HolmerBlue said:

@micra said:

McCleary is more direct and more likely to score. He may still be recovering from illness.

I'd have both, either as wingers in a 4 or with Horgan as the attacker behind Uche

• “Doing fouls”. Love that.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Not sure how you've worked that out

Never you mind!! At my age I get interesting hunches.

• Unfortunately for all Ainsworths obvious great points an over reliance on/loyalty towards ageing players and slowness with subs I think most people would admit are weaknesses at times.

Today isn't awful but we need to go for it and Forest obviously have another gear.

• @micra said:
    Is that disappointment on your part @Malone re two years for Mvclreary?

Not disappointment, just surprise, as he's not starting many games now, let alone will be in a year or two.