Skip to content

Match day thread: Nottingham Forest

Comments

• Bloomfield again.... I'm lost for words

• edited February 2021

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    With no JJ, Gape, Bayo, Charles in the starting line up I’m guessing that Bloomfield is being included as the only remaining general. Especially with Fred and Nnamdi around him.

I think that is a big factor buy maybe Bloomfield did what the manager asked him to do on Tuesday rather than what some of us thought he should have been doing.

With all due respect to him, unless he was asked to run around, barely get near an opponent and barely touch the ball, I'm not sure he could possibly have been seen to be successful.

Not that many others were successful on a really poor showing all round.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

With no JJ, Gape, Bayo, Charles in the starting line up I’m guessing that Bloomfield is being included as the only remaining general. Especially with Fred and Nnamdi around him.

I think that is a big factor buy maybe Bloomfield did what the manager asked him to do on Tuesday rather than what some of us thought he should have been doing.

Why would the manager ask him to not touch the ball?

• Looking at the 5 missing players, with JJ making 6, we can still put a pretty solid 20man squad out.

Wasn't that long ago we could barely put 4 subs on a bench, with coaching team members making up the numbers.

• @drcongo said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

Why would the manager ask him to not touch the ball?

The answer to this is one of the reason for why Gareth gets the big bucks. I have my own amateur answer but it would not have been followed by my selecting him for the next game.

• It's like playing with ten men having Bloomfield playing

• At least Blooms is the only defensive midfielder to have scored! (I still regard him as a DM).

• Astonished to see Bloomfield again.

• Kashket not injured, just left out of the squad. Confirmed by Ainsworth ‘couldn’t find a place for him in the squad’ - can’t quite believe that. He was missing chances towards the end of his run in the side, but his pace and energy always causing problems. And he had 4 goals. Can’t quite get my head around the fact he can’t even get in the 18.

Bloomfield starting again is crazy. I understand the point about the generals, but after that performance on Tuesday he should be nowhere near the starting 11.

• Personally would have put Scotty ahead of Samuel on the bench. Disappointed for him.

• @Shev said:
    At least Blooms is the only defensive midfielder to have scored! (I still regard him as a DM).

He is largely defensive, but very often the furthest forward midfielder. Especially last season.
    It's quite an unusual role.

• edited February 2021

@Gary said:
    Personally would have put Scotty ahead of Samuel on the bench. Disappointed for him.

He might have a slight knock, he might have fatigue.
    We have a run of 14 games in 7 weeks, so there will be plenty of rotations.

It'll be interesting if we have decided after months of playing Bayo almost every game to then never give him one start, whereas Uche has gone from barely fit enough to start one game, to starting every game.

EDIT - Didn't see the Kashket Gaz comment before - odd then. But Kashket has dropped off ineffectiveness since earlier in the season. not sure Samuel has increased though!

• Really odd thing to say about Kashket isn't it? I'd have him ahead of Samuel ten times out of ten.

• We're going to chop those trees down and make chairs out of them.

• I’ve got a really bad feeling about this one.

• Ifollow buffering a little bit so far... please don't be a bad game AND buffering. That's too much!

• Fred has looked better recently.

• Looked offside to me.

• Why is Knight leaving that? Dreadful goal to concede so early on.

• Not sure I'm ready for the irony of Allsop being caught off his line

• So...must win on Tuesday? Too soon?

• I think Taf was playing him on. Knight’s not been at the races so far today.

• FFS we really need to cut out the silly mistakes and play to the bloody whitle

• Everything about that was awful.

• "Under Chris Hughton, Forest are yet to lose from a winning position, and yet to concede an equalising goal away from home." Nice.

• It will be a 2nd gear win for Forest today. Sad to say it but we regularly miss half chances and regularly make mistakes at the back.

• Have apologised to mrs micra for my language!