Skip to content

Match day thread: Nottingham Forest

Comments

• Might be unfair but seems that half the Gasroom are or were based in and around Nottingham

• Once they closed the pits, Players fag factory, Raleigh bikes and the lace industry we had to go somewhere.

• Got work links up that way, special ties with their history and the previous games anyway. The clips of the AP opening game are gold and we were 4divisions and a million miles away from them then. Shame we couldn't get to either game but good to see us alongside them.

As someone said on the Facebook group they may have 2 European Cups but we have 2 FA Trophies :)

• I like the logo. Some potential for confusion though - it would be clearer which Forest it was if they put 'Notts' in there too.

• @Chris said:
    I like the logo. Some potential for confusion though - it would be clearer which Forest it was if they put 'Notts' in there too.

Someone's on the grammar police wind up early. Maybe we should get stars for the Trophy wins, Anglo Italian and San An cup wins.

• @Chris said:
    I like the logo. Some potential for confusion though - it would be clearer which Forest it was if they put 'Notts' in there too.

Forest means Redbridge to most Wycombe fans

• Recovery to start today - it has to!
    Although we've been saying that for a while!

• The Forest badge was the coat of arms of The City of Nottingham until 1974. Then Forest ran a competition for a new badge, I think with Trent Poly design department and the local paper. This design won. Looks awful on this blue background and I never liked it. Note the lower case ‘e’ while the other letters are capitals. And the weird ‘R’. Two stars added in more recent years for the European Cups.

• To be honest I just want to come away from watching us today and not wanting to drink a whole bottle of Bushmills. Or as I can only watch the first half, half a bottle.

I really just want to see us play some football. Too optimistic?

• The badge is not correct either - a single tree does not a Forest make.

• @peterparrotface said:
    Might be unfair but seems that half the Gasroom are or were based in and around Nottingham

We have Robin Hood, Friar Tuck and the Sheriff of Nottingham, but I am not sure if we have a Maid Marian!

• Funny how hope springs eternal with us fans.

Midweek was dreadful, and pretty much only the professionally optimistic still think we have a chance of staying up.

But roll on today, and seeing there's only 3 games midweek, we could quickly put a little run together and give ourselves a chance.

Hopefully this hasn't worn off by 3.05

• I’d quite like to see Kashkett back in the team today. Muskwe has done OK but I’m not sure he justifies taking the spot ahead of Kashkett, who had been causing problems when he played. He’d surely be a good accompaniment alongside Ikpeazu.

• You would imagine the back 5 pick themselves before Stewart is back up and running, Thompson-Oforborh should be a given, and Uche and Muskwe surely start.

So it's a case of who comes in for Bloomfield, and whether Fred stays in there.

• I miss being furious about Bayo being in the States.

COYB

• Zero expectations for today. They eased to victory at their place and have improved and strengthened since under a top manager.
    A point a good result. Big picture a point is not what we need.
    Still, we are playing Nottingham Forest in the league so should celebrate that I guess

• Good to see Horgan and Wheeler back. Really surprised to see Blooms starting after Tuesday.

• @bookertease said:
    To be honest I just want to come away from watching us today and not wanting to drink a whole bottle of Bushmills. Or as I can only watch the first half, half a bottle.

I really just want to see us play some football. Too optimistic?

Can't beat Bushmills. Been lucky enough to visit a couple of times. Blackbush is my favourite but wouldn't turn away any of them.

• With no JJ, Gape, Bayo, Charles in the starting line up I’m guessing that Bloomfield is being included as the only remaining general. Especially with Fred and Nnamdi around him.

• @Brownie said:
    Good to see Horgan and Wheeler back. Really surprised to see Blooms starting after Tuesday.

Possibly an experience / generals thing, with no JJ , Gape or Bayo. Can see this possibly becoming a bit of an issue as they get older, there's probably a few lucky to still be in but the changes look mostly positive.Not sure if Curtis was tired or just overrun in the last couple of games.

• I'm assuming a change of shape as well as a change of personnel. I'm struggling to make that work as a 4-3-3.

I'm interested to see Forest, i thought they'd shoot up the league after we played them last time, but that hasn't happened.

• Very surprising to see Bloomy start after a 90 shift midweek, especially with it being a totally anonymous 90.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    With no JJ, Gape, Bayo, Charles in the starting line up I’m guessing that Bloomfield is being included as the only remaining general. Especially with Fred and Nnamdi around him.

I think that is a big factor buy maybe Bloomfield did what the manager asked him to do on Tuesday rather than what some of us thought he should have been doing.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Once they closed the pits, Players fag factory, Raleigh bikes and the lace industry we had to go somewhere.

...and the really good indie record shops

• I’m not quite sure what he did do @Right_in_the_Middle.

• No Kashket in the squad, have to wonder if injured not that anyone will say.

• Correction, I’m not at all sure.

• Bloomfield again ,can't believe it