Skip to content

Bournemouth sack Tindall

And they are in 6th place and in the play offs.

Comments

• Another example of how hard it is to be the guy that takes over from a long standing successful manager. Ask David Moyes but it is a long list. I believe our successor to MoN was not universally popular either....

One day, but hopefully not for a good while, someone will have the unenviable task of taking over from Gareth.

• Another example of setting expectations too high

• Those Bournemouth players have thrown him under the bus. I don't think the antics they displayed in our game down their were an isolated incident and it looked to me like they wanted either the manager out or a move for them.

• @AlanCecil said:
    Another example of setting expectations too high

With the squad and money they have, they should be walking away with the Championship. Probably another example of player power.

• Plenty of clubs get caught out after going down, they obviously weren't good last season, Lots of players will have wanted out but you don't always get the bids you want and that will affect morale and who you can bring in. The sack for 6th in January seems harsh but that doesn't always show the progress or lack of.

• I was quite surprised when I met someone who worked in hospitality for a football club who said that Eddie Howe and Jason Tindall were the most unpleasant, unfriendly managers she ever dealt with. I always got the impression Howe was a nice guy. I suppose everyone has an off day or two.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I was quite surprised when I met someone who worked in hospitality for a football club who said that Eddie Howe and Jason Tindall were the most unpleasant, unfriendly managers she ever dealt with. I always got the impression Howe was a nice guy. I suppose everyone has an off day or two.

Interesting. It reminds me of a famous NFL coach here who was known for getting teary eyed over how much he loved his players. I ended up talking to someone who met him, and said he was known to be absolutely awful to those who actually had to deal with him.