Skip to content

Sad news

I’m sure that many of you will have met a wonderful lady called Sandie Derben who has sadly passed away after a short illness. Her and her husband John have done so much for the club on a voluntary basis, both dedicated fans and lovely people.

Comments

• That’s really sad. She was really kind to my daughter when we helped out cleaning seats.

Best wishes to John and family.

• Sad news. Top characters around the club with everything they contributed.

I remember Sandie in the program hut before games, and John running a supporter coach.

• I also didn't know Sandie but now recognise her as the lady who sold me many programmes on a Saturday afternoon. It's obvious from those who knew her that this is a dreadful loss to our club. It's our army of volunteers that have navigated our club through some dark dark days and it's clear that Sandie was a giant among that group. I hope the lasting impact she made provides the smallest crumb of comfort to her family.

• @Last_Quarter said:
    I also didn't know Sandie but now recognise her as the lady who sold me many programmes on a Saturday afternoon. It's obvious from those who knew her that this is a dreadful loss to our club. It's our army of volunteers that have navigated our club through some dark dark days and it's clear that Sandie was a giant among that group. I hope the lasting impact she made provides the smallest crumb of comfort to her family.

Completely echo your every word here @Last_Quarter . Great to see the fundraising total amount is doing so well. RIP Sandie and my condolences go out to her family.