Skip to content

Season Tickets

As it looks very unlikely that we will see any more live football this year, what do we think the club will do about refunds on season tickets etc? I think some premier league clubs have started to offer partial refunds? I would be happy with some credit towards next season’s renewals, maybe that is an option to keep the money in the club?

Comments

• Surely you mean this season.

• I'm happy for the club to keep my money for this season.

• We've had ifollow passes and helped keep the place going, most people would have realised the risk that you wouldn't get much more when they paid up. Selling anything for next season will be a big ask unless there is more certainty about returning, fingers crossed all.

• Still have hope that we'll get back in for games late on, especially if 14million or so have been vaccinated by March.

The i follow passes, especially the unexpected freebies for mid week aways have certainly been very welcome.
    Still probably a couple of hundred quid down as a seat holder but i think the games being played and having watched them all means I'll not be seeking a refund this season.

• @wwfcblue said:
    I'm happy for the club to keep my money for this season.

So am I

• I have the greatest admiration and gratitude for those people prepared to help the club in these difficult times.

• @mooneyman said:

@wwfcblue said:
    I'm happy for the club to keep my money for this season.

So am I

Ditto, though I disagree @StrongestTeam that most people would have realised the risk. The capped allocation was sold at a time when Covid seemed to be in retreat. Indeed, it wasn’t long before optimism started to grow about the prospect of a phased return to stadia of limited numbers of spectators.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    We've had ifollow passes and helped keep the place going, most people would have realised the risk that you wouldn't get much more when they paid up. Selling anything for next season will be a big ask unless there is more certainty about returning, fingers crossed all.

Surely next season won't be in much doubt, unless some horribly game changing discovery happens, such as the vaccines being found not to be effective, either at all, or against the new strains.

We got back into games in Sep & Oct, albeit temporarily, so not sure how a full year after that, with probably every risk group and over 50 year old vaccinated by then could be less chance of games having fans?

• I bought mine understanding that we may not be able to get to games in person and have appreciated being able to watch on ifollow, so I wouldn't want a refund.

But I wouldn't think badly of anyone that did. Everyone's circumstances are different and it's been an appalling year for many.

• Ironically with hindsight, wish I got a season ticket. Would never get to anywhere near enough games normally to make it worthwhile, but bought every game on ifollow so far bar TV Games so definitely would have been ‘worth’ it for me.

I’d be very interested to see the ‘virtual’ attendance figures for different sized clubs and clubs doing well vs clubs with little to play for, to see how popular games on Ifollow have been, and if in a post pandemic world it could still have a place for supporters in this country as well as abroad.

• I paid up assuming I would not get in. Have quite enjoyed the ifollow passes and keep telling myself I'm saving parking money and am home quicker after the match. I will not be asking for a refund but as @eric_plant says I can understand why others would.

• @Wendoverman Obviously, you're a stalwart, so when all is well with the world, you'll be back in Crisp Corner in the Main Stand and grudgingly stumping up the parking fee again. But do you worry that some fans will have just got out of the habit and will just not want the faff associated with going to the game anymore? I must say, it's something that concerns me.

• I’m with @wwfc_since_1993. I think I’ve probably got more value from my Season Ticket this year than I have since I moved north. Factor in the savings on beer by not travelling down once or twice a month and I ought to be quids in (but somehow not).

Not the same watching on a tablet though so I do hope we get back one day

• I didn’t expect to see a lot of games in person and that’s certainly been the case. The ifollow passes have really helped and I’m happy to leave my money where it is. Obviously that’s easy to say when my work situation has not been impacted.

• @our_frank a bit of a latecomer to be a stalwart but I admit I love the matchday experience and dont want to lose my seat. I live in hope we stay up and the lure of another season of Championship footy will get people back in after Covid. To be honest I think recent events will make people appreciate getting out and about and attending stuff myself even if it's league one footy.

• I have no intention of asking for the money back for our two season tickets.
    We have had iFollow free for home games and midweek away games and that has been great.

• It will be interesting to see what the club decide to do because I think they will have to offer something.

For me it's a non issue as I agree with many above about not needing a refund but I can see some needing that money back aftee a tough year.

If I remember rightly Pete Couhig said they were about to announce something just before we got a couple of games to go to. It's got to be unlikely that we'll get anymore this season

• @Malone said:

@StrongestTeam said:
    We've had ifollow passes and helped keep the place going, most people would have realised the risk that you wouldn't get much more when they paid up. Selling anything for next season will be a big ask unless there is more certainty about returning, fingers crossed all.

Surely next season won't be in much doubt, unless some horribly game changing discovery happens, such as the vaccines being found not to be effective, either at all, or against the new strains.

We got back into games in Sep & Oct, albeit temporarily, so not sure how a full year after that, with probably every risk group and over 50 year old vaccinated by then could be less chance of games having fans?

Monsieur Macron says our vaccine won't work!

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    It will be interesting to see what the club decide to do because I think they will have to offer something.

For me it's a non issue as I agree with many above about not needing a refund but I can see some needing that money back aftee a tough year.

If I remember rightly Pete Couhig said they were about to announce something just before we got a couple of games to go to. It's got to be unlikely that we'll get anymore this season

We had games in late autumn, when no-one had been vaccinated.

I may be way too optimistic, but I'm not sure how getting in for some games in April and May is that unlikely, bearing in mind we'll probably have vaccinated the highest risk 20m or so by then, the new infection/hospitialisation rates will surely have dropped at least to autumn levels, and we'll be moving into the less risky seasons of the year for infections.

• I would expect similar conditions to the Tier systems we had earlier post Feb 22. So if x% of the vulnerable population in the area is vaccinated, cases are below xxx per 100,000, hospitals are at xx% below capacity, the R rate is <1 and falling and BJ is in need of a boost in the polls, there is a pretty good chance that some area will have crowds back before May

• From the club’s point of view, the early indications (albeit statistically insignificant) that fans recognise and appreciate the benefits of having a season ticket must be very encouraging.

From subsequent posts, it seems that I was incorrect in my perception (post 10.25 am) that most purchasers of season tickets would not have been conscious of the risk.

• I'm fortunate enough to be able to say that I'm happy for the club to keep the money. I feel that they've gone out of their way to try and support us as best they can.

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    I'm fortunate enough to be able to say that I'm happy for the club to keep the money. I feel that they've gone out of their way to try and support us as best they can.

Agreed. What will be very interesting is whether they go for a very early ask for 21/22 ticket purchases and at what price. Personally if it is the same as this year I would be happy and fortunate enough to buy soonish.

• Louisiana party was the offer when we are all back. Whilst it wasn't inevitable we'd get so few games it was a decent bet. No refund needed. No rush back in. Get it done properly. Then Party.

• I’ve watched every game we’ve played this season.

Although I’d far prefer to attend in person I don’t feel shortchanged at all.

• @Manboobs said:

@ValleyWanderer said:
    I'm fortunate enough to be able to say that I'm happy for the club to keep the money. I feel that they've gone out of their way to try and support us as best they can.

Agreed. What will be very interesting is whether they go for a very early ask for 21/22 ticket purchases and at what price. Personally if it is the same as this year I would be happy and fortunate enough to buy soonish.

I'm not sure i'd storm in at near £500 for what could be a tier below, in fairness.

• I'm fortunate enough to be able to say I'm not expecting a refund of any sort, given the ifollow offering that we've had instead.
    However, price, timing of the offer and which league we'll be playing in is going to be key to getting people to renew for 21/22.
    I'm with our_frank in wondering just how many people might have gotten out of the habit of attending games and, therefore, don't renew.

• @Twizz said:
    I'm fortunate enough to be able to say I'm not expecting a refund of any sort, given the ifollow offering that we've had instead.
    However, price, timing of the offer and which league we'll be playing in is going to be key to getting people to renew for 21/22.
    I'm with our_frank in wondering just how many people might have gotten out of the habit of attending games and, therefore, don't renew.

Will be very interesting how they pitch it, as £494 was a big price hike, but they got away with it, as it hadn't gone up for a while, and of course promotion.

But after a season of getting in for minimal games, and very likely league 1, it's a much harder sell.

I do think we'll be back in properly for next season though so I'll be in either way though.

• Not sure exactly how I'll feel but I suspect I'd be happy to continue with no more than a £30 - 40 increase on last season in order to properly fund a proper assault on the L1 promotion challenge (sorry to sound negative). IF we stay up then renewal at no more than £50 on last season for me. Eventually, I will leave the live game when it just costs too much for me.

• I'll be happy to waive the money this season, but if they increase it again next season, espc if we do go down then unfortunately it'll probably be a no from me.