Skip to content

B Team vs Brentford B

2»

Comments

• Not convinced by the 37 at right back.

• Believe they replaced him with a trialist center half and then Burley went back into midfield alongside Anis and another trialist midfielder who looked a little bit like Eze in appearance

• @Chris said:
    Not convinced by the 37 at right back.

37 was James Clark

• I think the 27 might have been David Wates.

Thought Burley and Phillips played well. Clark at RB was ok too given he’s quite young isn’t he?

• thought Burley played really well as did Phillips

Clark played at right back, I thought he was ok but did over commit at times and looked a bit leggy towards the end

• Trialist Numbers were as follows:
    27 - Tall Defender
    38 - Tall Striker
    39 - Short Central Midfielder
    40 - Trialist Left Back

• I hope Alex Pattison can get a loan move this month, there’s potential there but he’s not going to become the player he can be unless he’s playing week in week out, would be great if he can be an important part of the team one day.

• Clarke did put the pass in for Kashket who then rounded the keeper and was fouled. I thought he did ok as did Burley and the LB trialist. Didn’t think too much of the trialist striker or midfielder but to be fair they only got about half an hour each

• None of the trialists were a patch on the players shipped out this month. Playing for a contract they might have given a bit more. Pattison a step above!

• If Adeniran isn't fit for Saturday I believe Burley or Phillips have warranted a place on the bench.

• Agree, I think both would be capable of the step up.

• Here for anyone who missed it. Like me.

Inside the first ten minutes I noticed the trialist left back have a strop after making a run but not getting passed to, leaving Brentford's right winger alone and unmarked while he went full Dean Morgan. Can't imagine that would have gone down well with Gaz and Dobbo.

• Sounds like that's all we see of him then.

• He was certainly an attacking left back, more of a wing back than a full back.
    But bearing in mind we are in a position where we need wins not draws, it might be worth the gamble.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@YorkExile said:
    Well... Stewart deemed not fit enough to feature in a first team match against Premier League opposition but starts a B Team friendly today, Tafazolli and Horgan presumably still recovering from illness. Stewart starting is extremely good news.

Not sure if you are making a point here but surely Stewart is better off coming back in a low key friendly?

It still amazes me that some still hold the official injury news with any real stock at all.

Sorry, I was responding directly to @StrongestTeam but another response had sneaked in before mine. I was making exactly that point, that Stewart coming back in a low key friendly as opposed to last night made perfect sense and was a good thing. Furthermore, the continued absence of Tafazolli and Horgan was perfectly explainable without a snarky reference to the Bermuda Triangle.

• @thedieharder said:
    Trialist Numbers were as follows:
    27 - Tall Defender
    38 - Tall Striker
    40 - Trialist Left Back

Any height information on No. 40??

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@thedieharder said:
    Trialist Numbers were as follows:
    27 - Tall Defender
    38 - Tall Striker
    40 - Trialist Left Back

Any height information on No. 40??

Lol

• Pretty sure the left back was Paul Osew who we were linked with previously. 27 was definitely Dave Wates making the numbers up in the 2nd half.

• Paul Osew was on the bench for Wimbledon last night, away at Doncaster.

• Probably not him then.

• @Croider said:
    Pretty sure the left back was Paul Osew who we were linked with previously. 27 was definitely Dave Wates making the numbers up in the 2nd half.

Yeah the report on the club's website said it was him