Skip to content

Match day thread: Tottenham

Comments

• What an abomination that badge is. Firstly, why is it standing on a basketball, and secondly, just look at the curve the text is on - were they drunk? And why does none of it actually line up?

• Let’s make history again!!!!!!!!

• Got a feeling it was in the woods at Prestwood but not sure.

• @mooneyman said:
    Got a feeling it was in the woods at Prestwood but not sure.

You'll find the dogging thread under "not football".

• @mooneyman said:

the unaligned cock?

• @Rolo said:

@mooneyman said:

You'll find the dogging thread under "not football".

Prestwood not known for these pursuits.

I'm told that Coombe Hill in Wendover is a popular venue, but perhaps @Wendoverman can confirm!

• @mooneyman Although we have walked the dog there on occasion unless there is a van selling crisps, I would have no idea. Boris is not far away...he might know.

• New record for thread derailment?

COME ON WYCOMBE!

• Good Luck Wycombe we are right behind you.

• Stewart only confirmed absentee for the game according to the match preview on the Website.

COYB!

• @thedieharder said:
    Stewart only confirmed absentee for the game according to the match preview on the Website.

COYB!

Oh dear. That doesn't sound great. Hope not too many key players missing.

• Could be the entire first team squad out for months.

• Excluding Stewart of course, who we can obviously expect to play.

• The Wycombe swan, bedeck'd in gold
    All noble and delightful
    The Tott'nam cockerel, vainglorious and mean
    'Twas fate the twain should meet

(Ancient English poem of uncertain origin)

• It's easy to forget Stewart has just mysteriously missed a couple of months despite apparently being in contention for the game straight after his injury!9

• No Tafazoli, Stewart, Gape or Horgan in the squad.

• edited January 2021

I bet Bale wasn't imagining tonight when he decided to return to Spurs.

• Four key players there. I guess, apart from Stewart, we know who was affected by Covid.

• Certainly a few key players missing for us, but it was the same against Preston. Plenty there to hopefully cause Spurs problems and good to see Thompson back. COYB!

• I like the lineup. It's a "keep it tight" first half, and we'll see some positive changes in the second, I am sure.

• Stewart was always out, but Tafa is a big blow. Set pieces are probably our best way of getting something.

• Spurs lineup is strong. Jose isn’t messing about

• Bloomfield played against Mourinho’s Chelsea in 2007. To be captain today, 13 years later with the injuries he’s had, is a remarkable achievement.

• Spurs not as strong as I'd expected, not many there are in the starting line up for Prem games. Not counting those on the bench of course!

• Lawrie Sanchez with a pony tail, that's not something I'd ever thought I'd see !!

• @leo030500 said:
    Spurs lineup is strong. Jose isn’t messing about

He's left Kane and Son on the bench, and Dier, Lloris, Hojberg, Docherty not even involved.

• This BT coverage has been woeful.
    10 minutes on Frank Lampard, a bit on Man United, them comparing us to Chorley and Cheltenham. Someone ask Rio Ferdinand what league we are in and see if he knows the answer.

• @DJWYC14 said:
    This BT coverage has been woeful.
    10 minutes on Frank Lampard, a bit on Man United, them comparing us to Chorley and Cheltenham. Someone ask Rio Ferdinand what league we are in and see if he knows the answer.

Awful, really hope we can give them something to worry about.