Skip to content

FA Cup Predictions - Wycombe v Tottenham

Anyone can predict. There will be a winner for this round and of course for the FA Cup Run overall this season.

Points for Result, Score and Goalscorers for both sides.

Scores from round 3 will be carried over and so on until we are knocked out. Those who predicted Preston to progress will be competing in the 'Europa League' competition which is still a fine competition (as we will find out if we win the cup.) I will post an updated table for the scores so far later.

Round prediction Points:

10 points for getting it right. [5 points if the 4th round is your first prediction. Any prediction already made will stand]
Minus two for every round for which we fall short of your prediction.
If we progress beyond the round you predict, you continue in the 'Europa League' competition.
All predictions in the Champions League must be consistent - your can't predict a winning score in a round which you have said we will be knocked out or a losing score in a round beyond which you have predicted we will progress.

Match Result Points

(Similar to @DevC's system but tweaked)
5 points for correct team to win in normal time or extra time.
10 points for predicting a draw after extra time.
2 additional points for predicting a win on penalties.

Plus 5 points for correct winning margin and two additional points if the score prediction is accurate

From the Match Result total - Minus 1 point for every goal difference between the goal margin and your prediction.

Goalscorer Points

5 points for correct prediction of a Wycombe goalscorer - with 2 additional points if they are not named on the club website as a forward. Two additional points for anyone who scores as a sub. 5 points for the correct prediction of an own goal. 3 points for any opposition goalscorer correctly named
3 points for any opposition goalscorer.

1 point for an assist by any player predicted as a goalscorer.

10 bonus points for all goalscorers correct.

**Example of Prediction in the form most appreciated - **

Wycombe to reach Round 5

Wycombe 4 (Onyedinma, Jacobson, Knight, Samuel) Tottenham 3 (Kane x3)

Comments

• I didn't think we can change our 3rd round prediction for how far we will go, so do I need to stick with Semi-Finals?

Wycombe 3 - 2 Spurs (Fred, Muskwe, JJ) (Son, Alli)

• @Commoner said:
    I didn't think we can change our 3rd round prediction for how far we will go, so do I need to stick with Semi-Finals?

@Commoner you are correct - existing predictions stand for how far we will go. Hats off for the prediction for this round.

Everyone - It is possible to join the competition at this stage if you haven't predicted yet.

• Wycombe 3-1 Spurs (JJ, Ikpeazu, kashket) (Bale)

• Wycombe 1-1 Spurs (a.e.t.) (Akinfenwa) (Bale)
    Wycombe win on penalties

• Wycombe 0 - 4 Tottenham

• Wycombe 2-4 Spurs (Taff, McCleary)

And I’m going for an Allsopp save penalty from either Kane or Bale which would just be ridiculous

• @Chris and @Username - do you want to have a go at predicting those who Mourinho will trust to score against us? Those score predictions look competition winning if you have the scorers correct.

In this competition Goalscorer predictions can be altered up to kick off if your prediction is not named as starting or on the bench.

• Wycombe 1 (The Admiral) Spurs 0

• I’ll just go with Vinicius scoring four.

• Vinicius will get gobbled up by Stewart, Knight or Taf.
    2-1 to the Mighty Wycombe (Uche and Wheeler).

• Wycombe 4 - 0 Spurs (Uche, Stewart, Muskwe, JJ)

• Wycombe 1 (Akinfenwa) Spurs 3 (Ali, some chap who arrives in the transfer window, Ali)

• @Manboobs said:
    Wycombe 1 (Akinfenwa) Spurs 3 (Ali, some chap who arrives in the transfer window, Ali)

I realise I’ve spelled Alli wrong. Apologies to him.

• edited January 2021

Wycombe Wanderers 1 (Kashket) vs Tottenham Hotspur 3 Vinicius, Moura, Walford)

• @Manboobs said:

@Manboobs said:
    Wycombe 1 (Akinfenwa) Spurs 3 (Ali, some chap who arrives in the transfer window, Ali)

I realise I’ve spelled Alli wrong. Apologies to him.

He's out anyway, so probably best.

• Wycombe 0 Tottenham 4

• @Commoner said:
    I didn't think we can change our 3rd round prediction for how far we will go, so do I need to stick with Semi-Finals?

Changing Spurs scorer as Alli is unavailable to Bale!

• Wycombe 2-1 Spurs, my daughter picked that score and she’s bottom of the prediction league last time I checked!

• No Alli? I’ll keep the same score line and have Bale for 3

• @railwaysteve said:
    @Chris and @Username - do you want to have a go at predicting those who Mourinho will trust to score against us? Those score predictions look competition winning if you have the scorers correct.

In this competition Goalscorer predictions can be altered up to kick off if your prediction is not named as starting or on the bench.

Whoops, forgot - ok then how about Bale, Winks and Ndombele x2 !!!!