Skip to content

Wycombe on Sky

Anyone noticed Sky have fallen out of love with us. We haven't been chosen for a live game in December, January and February. Costs us money. We need to start winning and maybe they will love us again like they did at the start of the season.

Comments

• Yeah how dare they not show us every week !! Dont they know who we are or where weve come from !

• Is there a minimum number of Sky games in the contract? We do seem to be off the list for now

• "Costs us money" is an odd way of looking at it

• I dare say the truth is what someone said earlier in the season.
    That they get the less fashionable clubs out of the way early on. Up to their minimum amount of games.

• The Sky contract ties them to a minimum of two home games per Championship club shown live. There is no minimum or maximum for the number of away games that can be shown live, but the TV fee for away clubs is much smaller than it is for home clubs.
    If the pattern of recent seasons is repeated this season, we might get one or even two more home games shown live depending on the league table at the time the TV games are chosen.

• A few more 4-1s against Championship opposition and I suspect we'll be in demand again by Sky, no matter where we are in the table.

• Yes - if we can even look like we might make a great escape, our final few fixtures will become must watch TV.

• The last two seasons seemed to have about 900 live Leeds matches. I wonder if Sky pick who to show live based on style of play ?

• The majority of live games in the Premier League are chosen on the potential for a bigger audience, hence you are more likely to see a lot more of Manchester United compared to, say, Burnley.

• Leeds are great to watch, and b> @drcongo said:

The last two seasons seemed to have about 900 live Leeds matches. I wonder if Sky pick who to show live based on style of play ?

Sky base it on the big viewing figures Leeds command, but Leeds are a joy to watch as well

• edited January 2021

If I had to watch an endless loop of matchups in the top two tiers this season, it would be:

Premier League:
    Leeds v Aston Villa

Championship (apart from us)
    Middlesborough v Norwich

• So since we've already had the Swansea and Watford home games on live, there's no more contractual obligations to show any of our remaining games on Sky? Have we had any away games on yet? Think Reading game was on the red button but that wasn't the full tv game experience anyway.

• @Croider said:
    So since we've already had the Swansea and Watford home games on live, there's no more contractual obligations to show any of our remaining games on Sky? Have we had any away games on yet? Think Reading game was on the red button but that wasn't the full tv game experience anyway.

That's what i mentioned, they fulfil the obligation with the "lesser" teams early on.
    And we'll only get another look in if we really show something special going forward.

Beating Tottenham might help.

• I believe I’m right in saying we’ve been shown on sky 7 times this season, 3 times on an actual channel and 4 times on the red button. I’m aware the latter isn’t quite the same experience but it’s a lot more exposure than some teams have had

• @DPR38 said:
    I believe I’m right in saying we’ve been shown on sky 7 times this season, 3 times on an actual channel and 4 times on the red button. I’m aware the latter isn’t quite the same experience but it’s a lot more exposure than some teams have had

Would all teams not have been on the red button the same amount though?
    And all teams will have at least their two home games live. So i doubt we've had a lot more games than anyone?

• Okay perhaps not a lot more then, however a decent bit of exposure. Hopefully we get a few more games on the tv in the second half of the season!

• edited January 2021

Let's hope so.
    Starting with a good performance on Monday to get peoples' eyes back on us.

• Norwich at home in late February confirmed for sky sports coverage.

• 27 February. Let’s hope it won’t still be top v bottom.

• @micra said:
    27 February. Let’s hope it won’t still be top v bottom.

Now on Sunday 28th February 12 noon ko.

• Thanks @AlanCecil. The fixtures seemed to download automatically on to my iPhone calendar (although I suppose I must have had to tap something!) but clearly updating doesn’t happen without intervention.

• @micra said:
    27 February. Let’s hope it won’t still be top v bottom.

You never know, Norwich could be down to second by then!??? (Just trying to find fun in this grim time)