Skip to content

Comments

• 'Ex-Everton star'

The journalism on these articles have to be about click bait don't they?

• If you can be an "Everton star" without ever playing a minute of professional football for them, I guess I must be an ex-Everton star too!

• Talk about vague! Only played 13 minutes football since October for a 2nd division side in Germany. Not a great CV to date & certainly doesn't get my juices flowing like the potential signing of Nnamdi

• "Attacking midfielder" is the bit I'm worried about. Cue 4 years on the bench and then a loan out to a bottom tier club.

• So if we shipped Freeman out to fit this chap in, does that mean German benches are better for player development than English benches?

• He was a striker growing up as a kid, scored plenty of goals. As he got older and more so when he was playing youth level and u23s he started playing on the right wing. I'd say he was more a number 10.

Not sure what's gone on over in Germany but hopefully he finds a club overhere.

• Thanks for insight @ryan_w_kirkby. I wonder if he and Dennis are friends.

• https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/antony-evans/leistungsdatenverein/spieler/374283

Career Stats of Evans here:
    Seems like he did quite well at youth level for Everton.

• @drcongo said:
    Thanks for insight @ryan_w_kirkby. I wonder if he and Dennis are friends.

Not sure tbh, they’d of played a few games together for the u23s.

• If only GA had a record of finding good young players...

• You jest of course @Wendoverman and I wanted to quip with “yeah, who was that youngster he signed from Notts County that’s done quite well?” until I checked his age and found he was 24 or 25 when he joined. That set me trying to think of one or two shining examples and I couldn’t get beyond Fred. I’m talking 17-23 year olds.

• @micra said:
    You jest of course @Wendoverman and I wanted to quip with “yeah, who was that youngster he signed from Notts County that’s done quite well?” until I checked his age and found he was 24 or 25 when he joined. That set me trying to think of one or two shining examples and I couldn’t get beyond Fred. I’m talking 17-23 year olds.

Eze, Mawson, O'Nien, Akinfenwa off the top of my head.

• Scowen, Gape, McCarthy.

• Jacob Gardiner-Smith!

• Anis, of course.

• @JohnBoy said:

@micra said:
    You jest of course @Wendoverman and I wanted to quip with “yeah, who was that youngster he signed from Notts County that’s done quite well?” until I checked his age and found he was 24 or 25 when he joined. That set me trying to think of one or two shining examples and I couldn’t get beyond Fred. I’m talking 17-23 year olds.

Eze, Mawson, O'Nien, Akinfenwa off the top of my head.

My work addled half concentrating mind thought you were being serious with the last one!

• A smattering then although I had in mind permanent and enduringly successful youngsters (with us) so that rules out Eze, Mawson and Mehmeti. So, Scowen, Gape and, on the outer limits, McCarthy.

Any more? I’m being deliberately curmudgeonly.

• No disrespect to Crewe but maybe his ‘people’ were being optimistic with some of the names being linked.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    No disrespect to Crewe but maybe his ‘people’ were being optimistic with some of the names being linked.

To be fair to Crewe they are 7th in League One

• @thedieharder said:

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    No disrespect to Crewe but maybe his ‘people’ were being optimistic with some of the names being linked.

To be fair to Crewe they are 7th in League One

I was more thinking wage potential compared to the others but you know