Skip to content

What further squad additions do we need in the Jan window?

Comments

• Rumours on Twitter that Parker is off to Burton.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Rumours on Twitter that Parker is off to Burton.

He did post something cryptic of Instagram yesterday. Something along the lines of being memorable and hard to replace.

• Give it a couple of years and he'll be unmemorable and hard to place.

Give it a couple of years and he'll be unmemorable and hard to place.

Couple of weeks I think.

• Officially gone now.

Give it a couple of years and he'll be unmemorable and hard to place.

you’ll remember him every time you look at the pictures of the Wembley celebrations.

Officially gone now.

Unofficial’gone’ some time ago. I blame the gong baths.

• Interesting! We'd surely be in a strong position to sign him if he wants out? Freeman off on loan, shouldn't command much of a fee...

• Could be that they don't want him to go to a fellow Championship side. Who knows.

• @JohnBoy said:
    Could be that they don't want him to go to a fellow Championship side. Who knows.

It could be argued that loaning/selling him to us would help them. We are no danger to them in terms of league positions, and having him may help us take points off their real threats.

• Agree with that @mooneyman but he’d be in direct competition with Adeniran wouldn’t he?

• I think he probably has better all round attributes than Adeniran, particularly physicality @micra.

• For me the problem with Freeman is that he doesn’t fit into our current system (not powerful enough to play central and no pace to play wide), he also isn’t good enough to build a team around him.

He’s a very nice player on the eye but in 4 years of him being with us I can think of only a handful of telling contributions.

Wish him well.

• @Vincey said:
    For me the problem with Freeman is that he doesn’t fit into our current system (not powerful enough to play central and no pace to play wide), he also isn’t good enough to build a team around him.

He’s a very nice player on the eye but in 4 years of him being with us I can think of only a handful of telling contributions.

Wish him well.

A handful of telling contributions in a side promoted twice will do for me.
    I enjoy watching Nick play and hope a run of matches will do him good. I wish him well but don't rule him out being a key player for us next season

• @Vincey said:
    For me the problem with Freeman is that he doesn’t fit into our current system (not powerful enough to play central and no pace to play wide), he also isn’t good enough to build a team around him.

Wish him well.

Agree with this totally.

• Maybe a move for Luke O’Nien. He seems to be a bit out of favour at Sunderland of late.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Maybe a move for Luke O’Nien. He seems to be a bit out of favour at Sunderland of late.

Pretty sure he's got a bad injury

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Maybe a move for Luke O’Nien. He seems to be a bit out of favour at Sunderland of late.

Ok just checked, not too bad, but bad enough. He had a dislocated shoulder before Christmas

• He has been on the bench for the last three or so games though.

• I thought the same about Luke. Apparently hates it up there - the place not the club. He’d be exactly the type of player who could come in for the last few months of scrapping.
    Didn’t think Lee Johnson’s latest press comments about him were that great either. Great bloke but doesn’t have a clue where he would fit in best. Wouldn’t fill me with confidence.....

• It would be amazing if Luke had to move back to Wycombe from Sunderland for sone experience in the second tier.

• 10 points behind Derby in 21st after their win. Being pragmatic about it, any permanent transfers we make in this window are as much about preparing a strong team for a top half finish in league 1 next season as they are about trying to stay up this season.

• Potential 9 league games in February which would see us play some of those games in hand on Derby etc too - needless to say, a huge month.

• Kevin Stewart a name we were linked to for a while has signed for Blackpool on an 18 month deal. Out of the game for quite a while now which maybe put us off as we need players to hit the ground running.

• @Brownie said:
    Potential 9 league games in February which would see us play some of those games in hand on Derby etc too - needless to say, a huge month.

Win the lot and we will probably be safe!

• Maybe after tonight a left back and another centre half. So unlucky with injuries to key players at the moment

• Left back is absolutely essential; we've been on borrowed time since the start of the campaign. There's never a good time for JJ to get injured, especially against the team he supports, but a week before the transfer window closes is a lot better than the week after.

I think we're light in central midfield with Freeman gone. Adeniran should be back in the side; we will need stronger back-ups than Pattison and Bloomfield.

I still think we're a target man light as well in case Ikpeazu is out for a prolonged period. And, yes, one more central defender ideally needed as well, though it's good to see Stewart back.

So that's ideally four in, which means a further two would have to leave. At the absolute a minimum we need a left back. A lot of business for the last week of the window - but if we want to stand a fighting chance of staying up, it's time the Couhigs and Andrew Howard give Ainsworth the tools he needs to do so.