Skip to content

Josh Parker departs for Burton

2»

Comments

• I can't see Mehmeti being enough of the finished article week in, week out, to justify getting rid of Freeman. I know they are not exactly the same player, but both signify composure on the ball in the middle.

• Freeman has proved in every cameo role he has played he is capable to play at this level. He is calm on the ball and can pick out a pass.
    A victim of formation same as Parker I would suggest. He’s not gonna play wide and he’s not the energy player favoured by GA in the centre. I don’t disagree with the tactic as we play better with Thompson and or Gape in the side for sure

• Nick F is a conundrum, he really hasn’t changed adapted or evolved his style of play since I first saw him pre season at Slough yonks ago. And that is the problem. Still glides through the middle of the park, picks a pass, has a shot with little power, kind of tries but never really tackles. In a strange way this style of play might suit a team higher up rather than lower down. But he won’t get showcased so it ain’t gonna happen. League 2 loan beckons.

• Freeman has quietly played his part in some important moments the past couple of seasons. His brilliant ball again Southend started the attack which broke the winless streak in our relegation battle, and he set up not one but two last minute winners (Wheeler v MK Dons, Scottie v Southend) which got us going early in the miracle season. That's not necessarily enough to justify being a starter, but there is a very strong argument that he is in the most creative passer in the side, which we often lack going through the middle.

GA sees what we don't see, and I am sure there is a good reasons he has never nailed down a starting place, but I live in hope we are going to yet see some more magic from him, and I would be pretty gutted if he left permanently.

• Best passer in the squad, rarely loses possession. I’d love to know how that doesn’t warrant even a place on the bench.

• I wouldn’t be that surprised to see Freeman feature heavily in the Tottenham game (if it goes ahead)

• I’ve banged on many times about my admiration of Nick Freeman’s class and talent and, like @Shev, I’d be very disappointed to see him leave. Also agree very much with @drcongo’s comments above and I hope @bookertease is right about the possibility of him featuring prominently against Spurs. To imply that he is League 2 standard (as someone did the other day) seems to me to seriously underestimate his ability.

• @micra you may be referring to my post above? I didn’t say he was League2 standard, I said that is where he might go on loan. In fact my post suggested his skill set would better suit a team higher up than us (who play it on the ground through the middle at a quick tempo), perhaps I should have spelled this out in the original post.
    For the record I am the bloke in the Beechdean who (probably) annoys those around me by shouting ‘go on Nick’ urging him forward every time he gets the ball!

• I was too lazy to scroll back I’m afraid @perfidious_albion but I think it was your reference to a possible loan to a League 2 club that I was reacting to. I know others disagree but I think we have become much more of a passing on the deck team over the last few months and that should suit a player like Nick Freeman. I would have thought there was less passing on the deck in League 2. Not sure. Just have a niggly feeling that he’ll pop up somewhere, become one of their star players and make them a lot of money into the bargain! That would be painful to watch.

• Isn’t Anis Memheti the reason Freeman hasn’t played more in the last couple of months? Hopefully he’ll go somewhere (on a loan with the 24 hour recall) where he’ll start regularly.

• Rumour on Twitter suggesting Freeman is off on loan to Orient

• @Vincey said:
    Rumour on Twitter suggesting Freeman is off on loan to Orient

What a waste that would be if true.

• Will be good for him to get a couple of solid months of games in.

• PBoPBo
    edited January 2021

https://footballinsider247.com/exclusive-leyton-orient-agree-to-sign-wycombe-midfielder-on-loan/

Doesn't mean it's true of course until it appears on the official sites.

But yeah, definitely better for him (and the club) to get game time if he's not currently in Ainsworth's plans. And I guess should we need him in terms of cover then we can recall him.

• @robin said:

@Vincey said:
    Rumour on Twitter suggesting Freeman is off on loan to Orient

What a waste that would be if true.

What an odd comment. It sounds like a great idea to me and I'll keep a keen eye on how he gets on. Presumably no-one in League One fancied taking a punt...

• @PBo said:
    https://footballinsider247.com/exclusive-leyton-orient-agree-to-sign-wycombe-midfielder-on-loan/

Doesn't mean it's true of course until it appears on the official sites.

But yeah, definitely better for him (and the club) to get game time if he's not currently in Ainsworth's plans. And I guess should we need him in terms of cover then we can recall him.

I don’t think you can have recall clauses anymore, could be wrong!

• PBoPBo
    edited January 2021

@Vincey said:

I don’t think you can have recall clauses anymore, could be wrong!

I think you can, but if I'm interpreting the blurb correctly then the football league have to approve the recall. I presume we'd only recall Freeman in an emergency (i.e. injury) if we've let him go on loan in the first place, so my guess is that that kind of recall would be permissible (otherwise what good would a recall clause do?).

https://efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/

_55 Standard Loans

55.1 Subject to the provisions of Regulation 54, Standard Loan transfers shall only be approved in accordance with following provisions:

55.1.1 subject to the proviso that the duration of a Standard Loan must be the time between two Transfer Windows, Standard Loans can be for half a Season or a full Season;

55.1.2 any recall clause requiring the early termination of a Standard Loan can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and this can only be activated during the Winter Transfer Window;

Guidance

The EFL will permit Clubs to amend standard loan agreements to include an early termination clause where this was omitted from the original agreement.

55.1.3 any other early termination of a Standard Loan must be by way of a mutual agreement in writing (including by way of a recall clause within the Standard Loan Agreement) between the Transferor Club, the Transferee Club and the Player but can only be completed:

(a) after the expiry of 28 days; and

(b) only during a Transfer Window (but subject to Regulation 55.1.4 below) unless otherwise agreed by the League in its absolute discretion (subject to such conditions as the League deems appropriate);
    _

• Talk of Nmandi O going to Charlton on loan? Perhaps Nick F’s loan move fees space for him back with us from B’mouth?