Skip to content

Relegation Places Predictions...

2»

Comments

• I’d better not say where I’d expect to be in 2027.

• @micra said:
    I’d better not say where I’d expect to be in 2027.

I fully expect to see you criss-crossing your huge garden to raise money for the NHS, getting knighted, knocking GA off Christmas No1 slot and starting your own gin company (not for charity) @micra

• I know quite a lot of people who have been done already, so I'm quite surprised you havnt heard yet @micra , does it depend on your GPs ? My mother in law had to go to Chesham for hers

• @micra said:
    We’ve heard that two of our local friends (one aged 95) have appointments at Wycombe Town Hall on Friday. Their GP Surgery is in Priory Road (or Avenue, apparently there are two). The old guy I give a lift to is also at one of those practices. He’s just had a phone call offering him an appointment tomorrow morning but had to decline because he’s having his gas boiler serviced.

I'm supposed to be volunteering there as of tomorrow?

• @HolmerBlue said:
    I know quite a lot of people who have been done already, so I'm quite surprised you havnt heard yet @micra , does it depend on your GPs ? My mother in law had to go to Chesham for hers

It might well do. We’re at Highfield and haven’t heard yet of anyone else there having had the call.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Jabbing @EwanHoosaami ? Is it @EwanHoosaami MD ?

Err no mate, more like chief of clip board duties! ?

• Chinnor (2 surgeries + attached to practices in Thame and P Risborough) have said they have done 90% of the 1st group - a fantastic achievement

• @micra said:

Old Durham town ??

• @ChasHarps said:

@micra said:

Old Durham town ??

Mackem season ticket holder then!

• Just fallen in, Roland.

• Just realised the ambiguity of that comment! Digging myself a hole there.

• @micra said:

@HolmerBlue said:
    I know quite a lot of people who have been done already, so I'm quite surprised you havnt heard yet @micra , does it depend on your GPs ? My mother in law had to go to Chesham for hers

It might well do. We’re at Highfield and haven’t heard yet of anyone else there having had the call.

@micra Have you heard from Highfield Surgery yet with a call up for your first jab?

• As we kept hearing about octogenarian friends and acquaintances at other practices having been offered (or already having had) appointments I sent an email at midnight last night saying that I was getting a bit worried. I had a reply this morning saying that 300 Octos had already been contacted and that I would be in the next batch. It got a bit messy yesterday because on Saturday I had received a letter from the central NHS booking set up, with lots of information in a little leaflet-cum-booklet plus a website link and a phone number (119) to make a booking. I spoke to someone for about 10-15 minutes, giving my NHS number etc etc. I was offered Slough, Aylesbury and Flitwick (Beds). I passed on all of them and now await an invitation to Adams Park.

• Well, I didn’t have to wait long. Woke up this morning to find that I’d received a text from Highfield Surgery with a link to a form giving options (dates and times) over the next few days. I opted for an appointment at 13.50 on Friday at Adams Park. Half an hour ago, the phone pinged again with a text message offering mrs micra (not 80 until later this year) the same time. It’s great when common sense prevails and we are well pleased. I hope plenty of other Gasroomers are finding their surgeries equally responsive.

• @micra said:
    Well, I didn’t have to wait long. Woke up this morning to find that I’d received a text from Highfield Surgery with a link to a form giving options (dates and times) over the next few days. I opted for an appointment at 13.50 on Friday at Adams Park. Half an hour ago, the phone pinged again with a text message offering mrs micra (not 80 until later this year) the same time. It’s great when common sense prevails and we are well pleased. I hope plenty of other Gasroomers are finding their surgeries equally responsive.

The linking the two of you to the same time is the bit that is re-assuring.

• Derby won tonight, and Rotherham are drawing. It feels like every time I check the results, every team just above us is doing brilliantly.

• Rotherham winning now.

• Ended 3-3!

• 7 point gap now with no Wycombe league game till 30th Jan... we'll be doing it the hard way!

• Somehow we need to put a run of wins to get us back with others down the wrong end of the table. Looks like we need promotion form for the second half of the season to stay up. Is it mission impossible?

• @davecz said:
    Is it mission impossible?

No.

• We have always been fighting the numbers, not other teams per se. A point per game would more or less do it over the course of the season, and by that metric we are 8 over par. We basically need four more wins than defeats over the rest of the season to get back to par, which is doable, but may be two steps forward, one step back.