Skip to content

Spurs game on BT Sports

Comments

• @NoelAshford said:
    Not sure if this helps anyone but if you are on an EE phone contract you can get the BT Sport App content for free for three months. You download the app then text SPORT to 150
    I think you can only watch on a device though rather than being able to cast it to your tv as you can with a full subscription.

I just looked at the My EE app and it says I can have 3 months free BT Sport and Large Screen access (which I assume means some sort of casting may be possible). Good tip @NoelAshford

• Think you can also look at two streams simultaneously. (Not 100% sure that is on monthly pass but definitely is on “normal” subscribed BT sport). So if 2 fans split the £25 that’s a month of BT sport for both for about the same as an iFollow match pass.

• @arnos_grove said:

@NoelAshford said:
    Not sure if this helps anyone but if you are on an EE phone contract you can get the BT Sport App content for free for three months. You download the app then text SPORT to 150
    I think you can only watch on a device though rather than being able to cast it to your tv as you can with a full subscription.

I just looked at the My EE app and it says I can have 3 months free BT Sport and Large Screen access (which I assume means some sort of casting may be possible). Good tip @NoelAshford

Indeed @NoelAshford and @arnos_grove the option to add from my phone, free for three months, reads “...multiple devices including your TV.” So that’s me sorted at least. Hope we all find a way to view.

• @arnos_grove Doffs cap for that one...

• This also means we have made the last 17 of the Cup. Not bad for winning one game!

• We're in the 6th round draw if they do that in advance again!

• Now we have positive Covid results claiming the QPR game, will BT Sports still show Wycombe B vs Spurs Youth ?

• If this does go ahead then it may be worth people grouping up for a BT pass. I know that if one person is watching on a fixed BT tv box then at least one other can watch via the iPad/android app (and then cast that to a TV). I’m assuming that means at least two people could watch through the mobile app simultaneously as well.

The BT sport app is good in my experience. I’ve never had any issues with the stream and I think the broadcast received via the TV box is actually transmitted via web too, rather than TV aerial.

• For those of you with EE broadband as previously stated you can get a 3 month free trial of BT Sport

I have since established that in this instance if you download the BT app from the Windows Store you can watch it on your PC/laptop

• Are the club going to sell virtual tickets or is it just the programme?

• Are they selling virtual crisps?

• @mooneyman said:
    Are they selling virtual crisps?

Tesco van pulling up outside Wendover Towers now. I am sorted if no-one else.

• It's disappointing that I have to pay 25 quid to watch a match on my TV.

Seems like the FA, the EFL and the clubs are bending over backwards to provide free or low cost streams to the STHs and other supporters but the money grabbing bastards at BT don't give a monkey's, they just want your money.

• Do you have Twitter @tom_doust?

• edited January 2021

@tom_doust said:
    It's disappointing that I have to pay 25 quid to watch a match on my TV.

Seems like the FA, the EFL and the clubs are bending over backwards to provide free or low cost streams to the STHs and other supporters but the money grabbing bastards at BT don't give a monkey's, they just want your money.

When you bear in mind that they have a string of other FA Cup games, and unlike their usual 1 premier league game a month, they're currently showing 3 or so a game week, and have two midweek game weeks coming up, that they have all 10 games, it's great value to be honest.

BT are no different to what Sky have been doing for 30 or so years

• I don't have a BT sport account, but I think this situation is unfortunate rather than blatantly unfair in some way. Worth remembering that when we last played Spurs people missed out on tickets, those that went spent in excess of £25, and there was no TV other than highlights. There is an uncomfortable accommodation with the broadcasters, and the absence of a day pass for BT doesn't help, but I'm not outraged.

• @tom_doust It looks like the game is on i-follow for £10

Also if you have EE broadband or mobile you can get a free 3 month trial (with the former you can then download the BT app from the MS Store to watch it on your PC/laptop) the trial can be cancelled at any time

• @Malone said:

@tom_doust said:
    It's disappointing that I have to pay 25 quid to watch a match on my TV.

When you bear in mind that they have a string of other FA Cup games, and unlike their usual 1 premier league game a month, they're currently showing 3 or so a game week, and have two midweek game weeks coming up, that they have all 10 games, it's great value to be honest.

BT are no different to what Sky have been doing for 30 or so years

I just don't want to watch the other games :-) And I've spent the last 30 or so years avoiding giving Sky my money as far as possible.

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    @tom_doust It looks like the game is on i-follow for £10

Also if you have EE broadband or mobile you can get a free 3 month trial (with the former you can then download the BT app from the MS Store to watch it on your PC/laptop) the trial can be cancelled at any time

Ah OK. If its on iFollow I'm very happy. I had a look yesterday but couldn't find anything.

Do you have a link? (just being lazy here)

• @tom_doust said:

@Erroll_Sims said:

Ah OK. If its on iFollow I'm very happy. I had a look yesterday but couldn't find anything.

Just the audio on iFollow.

• @floyd said:

@tom_doust said:

@Erroll_Sims said:

Just the audio on iFollow.

yeah, I knew about that.

Maybe I should just wrap up warm, get a drum and go stand in the field :-)

• edited January 2021

Looking on the positive side. Taking the BT 30 day pass would also give access to the 5th round games to be played 10th Feb or thereabouts. If (sorry, when) we beat the Spurs yoof team, we could then get to see us tonk Everton or Sheffield Weds as well. ?

• I'm hoping for highlights on poor man's telly...

• edited January 2021

The NowTv website allows me to purchase the BT day pass even though I’m based in England. I’ve not gone past the ‘confirm payment’ bit but I’ve logged in and gone through the process, entering a random county along the way. I wonder if it would actually work. Who fancies being the guinnea pig?

• Someone mentioned reddit streams to me...anyone any experiences of using that for footy?

• Got the three month EE trial today. Said it could take up to 24 hours but was sorted in about two.

As someone who doesn't have Sky or BT Sport, it's made me realise just how bad the picture quality is on ifollow.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Someone mentioned reddit streams to me...anyone any experiences of using that for footy?

Yeah, I had to use this for Round 3, since FA Player didn't seem to work internationally. No problems, if you can navigate through a few pop ups and annoying ads. Not perfect, but OK.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I'm hoping for highlights on poor man's telly...

If you have Twitter there is a good account on there that does free, good quality live streaming. Easy enough to set up a Twitter account if you dont have one. PM me if you want the link.

• It’s theft.

• If ever there's a good month to pay for BT it's this month.
    They'll have two rounds of fa cup games. 25 or so premier games, as well as French and German top flight action. Even some wrestling if you like your men muscular theatrical and in small pants.

If you're just one of these "not paying, don't watch anything else bar Wycombe" grumps, then just get bbc text up or sit on wwfc twitter for one game.