Skip to content

Spurs game on BT Sports

Spurs game on telly.

Good to have some telly income. Any idea how non-subscribers can get to see it?

Comments

• pathetic that BBC did not pick it .

• Pretty chuffed with this - fingers crossed baby & toddler will be in bed so can fully focus on it!

I’d hope BT picked it before the BBC picked Chelsea vs Luton though! Would I be right in thinking we’ve still never been live on the BBC?

• Motty in a sheepskin?

• Surprised the fee is only £85K. Pretty sure it's usually more than that. Possibly because all matches are being broadcast I guess.

Disappointed we have to wait until the Monday, also disappointed it's BT Sport rather than BBC (why on earth have they gone for Chelsea at home to Luton?). However, with Spurs playing Liverpool a few days later, there's a fair chance we'll see a weakened Spurs side. I'd imagine Mourinho will have some choice words about that!

• @drcongo said:
    Motty in a sheepskin?

Just checked and that was an extended highlights game:

http://www.chairboys.co.uk/history/1990_12_08_motson_snow_adams_park.htm

• The second half of the 1957 Amateur Cup final is the only time we've been live on the BBC, I believe.

• I've just seen someone on Facebook quote that we get 144,000 for this.... if true that's an amazing amount for having a game on TV !

Also, now were playing on a Monday, with Spurs due to face Liverpool just a few days later, more likely we could face a weaker team, definitely wint be seeing Kane and Son

• Will it also be on the FA player as before or is that only non televised games?

• @HolmerBlue said:
    I've just seen someone on Facebook quote that we get 144,000 for this.... if true that's an amazing amount for having a game on TV !

Also, now were playing on a Monday, with Spurs due to face Liverpool just a few days later, more likely we could face a weaker team, definitely wint be seeing Kane and Son

According to the BFP it's £144,000, but the club website says it's 'only' £85,000. Still not to be sniffed at, especially when you add the prize money for beating Preston.

• Extra money for the club. Closer to a big game for Spurs. Irrelevant details for people to complain about. Win, win, win.

• Link to the FA website -it's £85k per club

"The following eight fixtures are the primary match selections for broadcast on BBC and BT Sport. The FA live broadcast fee for these fixtures is £85,000 per Club"

https://www.thefa.com/news/2021/jan/14/emirates-fa-cup-fourth-round-uk-broadcast-information-20210114

• 85k just for being shown on TV is still a lot of money I'd say, good news for the coffers

• So am I correct that as a non-BT sport subscriber this might be the first game this season I don’t get to watch, unless I sign up for a £25 monthly pass?

• @Chris said:
    So am I correct that as a non-BT sport subscriber this might be the first game this season I don’t get to watch, unless I sign up for a £25 monthly pass?

I think you can get it cheaper if you have BT broadband but generally yes it's a £25 a month job.

Worth it if you like premier league/german (i think?) and other stuff.

Sign up on the day and you can at least stretch the month out as far as possible.

• And Monday is great as with Tottenham playing Liverpool 3 days later they can't possibly risk their big boys.
    That has to help us.

• I'll have to wait for highlights as well...

• @Malone said:
    And Monday is great as with Tottenham playing Liverpool 3 days later they can't possibly risk their big boys.
    That has to help us.

Very true..the closer it got to weekend the better chance there is rotation.

• @PhilSlatter said:
    The second half of the 1957 Amateur Cup final is the only time we've been live on the BBC, I believe.

Thanks - I remember being a tiny bit disappointed that itv were the terrestrial broadcaster of the FA cup semi final in 2001, as always loved watching the FA cup on the bbc in the 90s! One day hopefully - who knows maybe a later round this season!

@Chris said:
    So am I correct that as a non-BT sport subscriber this might be the first game this season I don’t get to watch, unless I sign up for a £25 monthly pass?

Might a now tv day pass be an option for BT sport? Don’t know that much about it, but heard that mentioned quite a bit around the playoffs with sky.

• @wwfc_since_1993 said:

Might a now tv day pass be an option for BT sport? Don’t know that much about it, but heard that mentioned quite a bit around the playoffs with sky.

I just did a search on that, the Irish version of the NowTV site seems to have a BT Sport day pass, the UK version not so much.

• @PBo - But can you watch that outside of Ireland

• @HolmerBlue said:
    85k just for being shown on TV is still a lot of money I'd say, good news for the coffers

Plus extra advertising revenue and sponsorship opportunities as it's on telly.

• Of course Spurs are favourites, and rightly so, but I don't think it would be anywhere near as big of a shock in real life if we won, as it would on paper.

On paper: Top four PL versus bottom Championship club.

In reality: Resting players could in theory take Spurs to the level of say, Crystal Palace, whereas we know we can complete against the top teams in our division. If we play well, suddenly it is a lot more like Watford v Palace. Not too much of a shock if Watford win that one!

• @Chris said:

So is this correct? We can't watch the game any other way? I guess I'd have spent that to watch it live but it's alot of money for to watch a match on the TV. Especially if the club want to do a virtual ticket too.
    Cancelled BT Sport at the start of the first lockdown and took ages to do. Not keen on going back.

• Worst of all worlds. Ha> @MindlessDrugHoover said:

@HolmerBlue said:
    85k just for being shown on TV is still a lot of money I'd say, good news for the coffers

Plus extra advertising revenue and sponsorship opportunities as it's on telly.

Agreed if it was on BBC. The viewing figures on BT I imagine will be dismally low.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Chris said:

So is this correct? We can't watch the game any other way? I guess I'd have spent that to watch it live but it's alot of money for to watch a match on the TV. Especially if the club want to do a virtual ticket too.
    Cancelled BT Sport at the start of the first lockdown and took ages to do. Not keen on going back.

It's a lot of money if you don't watch anything else on bt sport for that month, for certain.

• There will be lots of football for the rest of the month.

• Looked like this would be the first match this season I miss too, then I remembered that my phone and broadband are from EE and they are offering a 3 month free trial of BT Sport and then£15 a month thereafter, so will give that a try and then see if I can get it to play on my laptop rather than phone

• The qfs are on weekend of 20th March so best to wait until 21st Feb if getting a month pass

• Not sure if this helps anyone but if you are on an EE phone contract you can get the BT Sport App content for free for three months. You download the app then text SPORT to 150
    I think you can only watch on a device though rather than being able to cast it to your tv as you can with a full subscription.

• @drcongo said:
    Motty in a sheepskin?

I know, I know, it’s serious.