Skip to content

FA Cup Drawer Monday 11th January

Comments

• @Last_Quarter said:
    So when are the club going to announce the ticket windows?

"Here's how ticketing WOULD have worked, so you can fulfil the annual tradition of moaning about it".

• @bookertease said:
    I expect @Doob to make an appearance about ticket allocations any second now... (another classic FA Cup tradition)

"I go to 37 aways a season but for some reason don't buy a season ticket, why should people with season tickets who never go away get priority over me"

etc

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

If Spurs play a similar squad to yesterday we will win

That’s a bold claim!

• Mixed feelings. Part delighted with the draw, but also gutted that after years of waiting, my boyhood teams have been drawn to play each other twice in quick succession and I won't have been able to attend either (couldn't get a ticket for the White Hart Lane match).

I hope the BBC screen it. Assuming Spurs field a similar side to the one against Marine, I think we could give them a very good game.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Glenactico said:
    It’s a great draw under normal circumstances. But we are likely to lose, and if we do win it will be such a shame not to be there. And we’ve played them before.

It does have a good angle for TV with an upset chance and a re run of a great tie from a couple of years ago.

If Spurs play a similar squad to yesterday we will win and lets not forget how close we came last time.
    Such a shame it will be without any fans. Another kick in the gut in a 12 months already full of them

Spurs must have started with about 10 internationals with about 400 caps between them and then brought on Bale and Reguilon who've both played for Real Madrid recently.

• @Wycombe85 said:
    Mixed feelings. Part delighted with the draw, but also gutted that after years of waiting, my boyhood teams have been drawn to play each other twice in quick succession and I won't have been able to attend either (couldn't get a ticket for the White Hart Lane match).

I hope the BBC screen it. Assuming Spurs field a similar side to the one against Marine, I think we could give them a very good game.

I imagine the BBC will be all over it as Lineker and co always harp on about ‘Tottenham / FA Cup / Year of the 1x’ etc. Although as Gary Mabbutt once said, it always started with a 1 as well!

The main TV fight will be Man Utd and Liverpool I guess.

• With our recent cup past and Tottenham, despite winning one trophy every 15 years or so retaining their "romantic" reputation, this has got to be a tv game. It's got to!

• Obviously with the strength of their squad it doesn't make a huge amount of difference, but Spurs play Liverpool on the Thursday after Cup weekend, so might rest a few stars.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Obviously with the strength of their squad it doesn't make a huge amount of difference, but Spurs play Liverpool on the Thursday after Cup weekend, so might rest a few stars.

They have two top quality stars in Kane and Son. Leaving those two would improve our chances immeasurably.

You suspect Jose is a bit smarter than Poch though. And he tends to flog his players into the ground too - non leaguer minnows aside.

• @wwfcblue said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Glenactico said:
    It’s a great draw under normal circumstances. But we are likely to lose, and if we do win it will be such a shame not to be there. And we’ve played them before.

It does have a good angle for TV with an upset chance and a re run of a great tie from a couple of years ago.

If Spurs play a similar squad to yesterday we will win and lets not forget how close we came last time.
    Such a shame it will be without any fans. Another kick in the gut in a 12 months already full of them

Spurs must have started with about 10 internationals with about 400 caps between them and then brought on Bale and Reguilon who've both played for Real Madrid recently.

And if they play the same team against us we will win. Reputation means nothing and ex Real Madrid can also mean nearly finished to another set of eyes. In the hour of them I saw yesterday I saw nothing to worry about.

• One thing is certain - at the end of the game the only team we will have ever lost to in the 4th Round of the FA Cup will be Tottenham.

There is every chance it will have only have happened once.

• It's a great chance to put that gut wrenching last 5mins against them in the last game to bed.

If only Blackman had launched that ball properly!

• What a great tie. Anyone got a 50/50 Spurs/chairboys scarf from last time that they could sell me?

• Please, please rest Son. We would have won comfortably last time if he hadn’t played.

This will be Mourinho's second visit to our dugout as a Premier manager. I reckon only one other Premier manager has sat in the dugout (in a proper competitive game) in between those games.

• Are Everton on that short list of league clubs Wycombe have never played?

• @bookertease said:
    Please, please rest Son. We would have won comfortably last time if he hadn’t played.

Don’t agree with that, Alli pretty much waltzed through us when he came on - and since he’s far from the flavour of the month for league starts, he’ll probably start v us.

• Yep, Alli and Dembele coming on saved them

• @bookertease said:
    Please, please rest Son.

Cried home-schooling parents up and down the land

• @PBo said:

@bookertease said:
    Please, please rest Son. We would have won comfortably last time if he hadn’t played.

Don’t agree with that, Alli pretty much waltzed through us when he came on - and since he’s far from the flavour of the month for league starts, he’ll probably start v us.

Yes but Alli was at his peak then, not the massively sidelined player he is these days.

• Great draw. Gutted not to have secured a ticket ahead of a non ST holder who has supported the team for 40 years though!?
    Alli will play because Jose dies not like him. Possibly. Son and Kane on late to try and pull back a couple of goals.

• @Shev said:
    Are Everton on that short list of league clubs Wycombe have never played?

Everton, Arsenal and Manchester United were the clubs in the draw we'd never played before. I think apart from that it's only Newcastle, Salford and Harrogate.

• I can see the headline now:

'Gareth Bale: Jack Grimmer Belongs In La Liga'

• Alli might be at PSG by then

• Maybe the club will sell virtual tickets like Marine did for their match against Spurs. A signed programme a raffle ticket and maybe a scarf for £20 per head. Make a bit of cash for the club.

• Think how valuable such merchandise could be in years to come as people look back at that famous victory over the mighty Tottenham Hotspur in 2021.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Maybe the club will sell virtual tickets like Marine did for their match against Spurs. A signed programme a raffle ticket and maybe a scarf for £20 per head. Make a bit of cash for the club.

Not a bad idea this @Blue_since_1990 and I'd support that. I have doubts that a signed programme, raffle ticket and scarf will be possible for £20. Perhaps a scarf and raffle ticket for a signed shirt for £25? Anyway, a good idea.

• @ValleyWanderer said:

@Blue_since_1990 said:
    Maybe the club will sell virtual tickets like Marine did for their match against Spurs. A signed programme a raffle ticket and maybe a scarf for £20 per head. Make a bit of cash for the club.

Not a bad idea this @Blue_since_1990 and I'd support that. I have doubts that a signed programme, raffle ticket and scarf will be possible for £20. Perhaps a scarf and raffle ticket for a signed shirt for £25? Anyway, a good idea.

On the Chairboys Live at the time of the draw Pete Couhig quoted Rob Couhig as saying there would be virtual tickets and watch out for details. I have seen speculation on a Spurs forum that there would be virtual tickets for the game.

• I never heard Pete Couhigs comments but was suggesting the virtual ticket option after hearing how well Marine did with that idea. I understand they sold over 20,000, with Spurs fans contributing greatly to that number.

• Thanks @railwaysteve, I'll keep my eyes peeled.