Skip to content

Vaccinating EPL players

2»

Comments

• @Wendoverman

Cheers. Wasn’t having a go at you, just pointing out my experience. Incidentally my partner did receive the vaccine - she waited until the end of the day to see if there was any unused vaccine from the opened batch and rather than it go to waste......

• @bookertease although I understand and support the sentiments I am disappointed I was only just above bus drivers.

• @YorkExile said:

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

@drcongo said:
    And pay rises.

I do enjoy the pay rise argument. I saw one yesterday where someone was arguing for £3000 one off payment to all nhs staff and a pay rise. £4.2billion and then a pay rise. Cool.
    I’ve been working all the hours since March. Pay rise for me too from the public purse for me doing my job.

Just for some context, contracts worth £17.3 billion were agreed to tackle coronavirus without a competitive tender. Many of these contracts had unreported and significant potential conflicts of interest. Many of these contracts spectacularly failed to deliver on what was required of them, leaving us out of pocket and unprepared. But at least some wealthy Tories got a cheeky windfall! Every cloud, eh?

Out of interest, while working all the hours since March, how many 14 hour shifts have you completed for little over the minimum wage where you've had to sit and hold the hand of patients as they die while scared and separated from their loved ones? Still, I understand we're starting clapping for carers again tonight, so I'm sure they'll be fine to crack on.

POTD

• @Wendoverman said:
    @bookertease although I understand and support the sentiments I am disappointed I was only just above bus drivers.

And I moved you up one place too. But I’m with @our_frank in thinking it would be fun with you in charge. It would also be a lot more effective. But don’t take that as a compliment. @trevor would also be a lot more effective (but less fun)

• I think @eric_plant and @DevC rotating leadership would be best for everyone. @trevor a bit like @Wanderers82 tends to go missing for periods.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I am disappointed I was only just above bus drivers.

You always strike me as the kind of person who likes to sit in the front seat on the top deck of the bus.

• Above the bus driver you mean @MindlessDrugHoover ? I do like to see where I am going. (Usually to hell in a handcart)

• @Wendoverman said:
    Laurence Fox got a political party out of it and probably lots of twitter followers @Malone although I suspect he won't be doing any more side-kick to working class detective TV jobs for a while.

His viewpoint is worryingly growing amongst people.

I've seen at least 3 people I know, recently make horrible references to the acceptance of the surrender of our "rights" being tantamount to 1930s Germany.

• Great post @YorkExile. With you 100%.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:

@Wendoverman said:
    I am disappointed I was only just above bus drivers.

You always strike me as the kind of person who likes to sit in the front seat on the top deck of the bus.

I know now why you always find empty coke cans, sweet wrappers and crisp packets in this area!

• More Gasroom character assassination @mooneyman ? Or cyberbullying. Or something. How do the moderators allow this sort of thing?. Not a coke drinker, nor much of a sweetie buff but on all occasions I deposit any refuse in the receptacles provided.

• @bookertease said:

Don’t get me wrong, throwing money at this is the right thing to do but it shows what a sham the last 10 years have been and just how fluid the concept of money actually is.

Hopefully you own your home or at least some shares or other assets. Cash only going one way.

• @Onlooker said:

@bookertease said:

Don’t get me wrong, throwing money at this is the right thing to do but it shows what a sham the last 10 years have been and just how fluid the concept of money actually is.

Hopefully you own your home or at least some shares or other assets. Cash only going one way.

Where do you see money going? Negative interest? Hyperinflation rendering it worthless?
    Somewhere else?

• @Onlooker said:

@bookertease said:

I own an extensive collection of Fullers Vintage Ale that will either; increase in value to sustain me into my old age of if not allow me to drink it all in vast quantities and cease to care

(I also sold a house in HW and brought a street in Doncaster 20 years ago...)

• Inflation definitely coming so I don’t expect negative rates. Anything but cash.

• @bookertease said:

@Onlooker said:

@bookertease said:

I own an extensive collection of Fullers Vintage Ale that will either; increase in value to sustain me into my old age of if not allow me to drink it all in vast quantities and cease to care

(I also sold a house in HW and brought a street in Doncaster 20 years ago...)

Build back better