Skip to content

Stand Alone Prediction Competition for the FA Cup

2»

Comments

• @railwaysteve said:
    Sorry @micra - that wasn't in the plan.

To be honest I didn’t want it to be in the first place and now I’ve seen that McCleary isn’t even on the bench I’m well pleased!

• Changing my goalscorers to Uche and Potts. Cheers.

• Is it too late to change my prediction?

• No @Chris - go ahead and give us a larf.

• Wycombe 4 - 1 Preston

• Damn I was thinking 5-1 but Horgan let me down with that shot off the post late on.

• When was the last time we scored 4 and you're still thinking about the chances we DIDN'T score?

• Congratulations to all those who foresaw us progressing to the 4th round. I believe our previous appearances there resulted in Wycombe 2 Wolves 1 and Tottenham 4 Wycombe 3 - not one of the rounds in which we have never lost.

Below is the current table. As it stands those in the top half are Champions League and the lower half continue in the Europa League - no Checkatrade quality in this competition, everyone is Championship standard at least.

@Commoner leads due to having the win and two goalscorers correct with Fred Onyedinma and Alex Samuel. Many congratulations.
    I had Josh Knight down to score. @MindlessDrugHoover and @our_frank took points for the assists by Horgan and McCarty

The competition will continue into the 4th Round of the FA Cup - I will post a new thread once the draw is made (19:00 on Monday).

Anyone can join in at any stage until we are knocked out or we lift the trophy.

@a40, @Alexo and @JohnBoy apologies if I missed your round prediction. No obligation to make one but there is an opportunity to so before the draw for the 4th round.

Position Forecaster To Reach Rnd Total Points 3rd Rnd Score Points for result Score points Scorer Points
    1 @Commoner Semi 22 3 - 2 5 3 14
    2 @railwaysteve 5 16 3 - 1 5 4 7
    3 @a40 8 2 - 1 5 3
    4 @Alexo 8 1 - 0 5 3
    5 @micra 5 8 2 - 1 5 3
    6 @LX1 Win Cup 5 0 - 0 5
    7 @wwfcblue 4 5 0 - 0 5
    8 @JohnBoy 5 1 -1 5
    9 @MindlessDrugsHoover 3 1 1 - 2 1
    10 @our_frank 3 1 2 - 2 1
    11 @bigred87 3 - 0 - 2
    12 @bookertease 3 - 0 - 2
    13 @Chris 3 - 0 - 3
    14 @DevC 3 - 1 - 1
    15 @ForestBlue 3 - 1 - 1
    16 @Manboobs 3 - 0 - 2
  • My late prediction is a visit to the quarter finals for us this year.

• I predicted Round 4 @railwaysteve

No points for Uche assist for winning the penalty?

• I will add quarter finals to my prediction pls

• Thanks @a40, @JohnBoy and @Alexo

I used the BBC report to determine the assists originally.

Did the google search this morning and that was ambiguous.
    Opta say that they do give an assist for a penalty when a player is fouled so long as that player doesn't take the penalty.

So for the purposes of this competition a player can win an assist by winning a penalty and I will revise the table to include a point for everyone who predicted Uche to score.