Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Match day thread: Preston (FA CUP)

1468910

Comments

  • Visibility really bad now - abandon the game.

  • I miss @bluntphil but I think commentary has been excellent. Not partisan enough obviously but good. 😁

  • Awkward visibility these last few mins. But we've made it through :)
    Superb display that hopefully is a massive booster for confidence going forward.

  • Did the commentator say GA fielded the strongest eleven he could?

  • How Adeniran got a yellow but that tackle on Fred late on didnt is down to level of screaming I suppose.

  • Great performance and just how good is Ikpeazu? Taf looks a fantastic cb too....

  • @Malone - to be fair Samuels took his goal well but one goal all season, is hardly going to stop the detractors.

  • That couldn’t have gone much better. Great for confidence to get a resounding win like that.

    Preston really weren’t good but you can only beat what is there.

  • @Malone said:

    @Chris said:
    Didn’t one of the games in the semi-final run involve heavy fog?

    I remember Grimsby away was meant to be freezing cold and Wolves of course had the snow all round the outskirts of the pitch after good volunteer work.

    Don't remember a foggy one?

    I’ve looked it up and what I must have been thinking of was the Notts County v Wimbledon game being abandoned for fog. I think it was the main game on Radio 5 during our Grimsby replay.

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/1120933.stm

    Uche looks like a good signing.

  • @davecz said:
    @Malone - to be fair Samuels took his goal well but one goal all season, is hardly going to stop the detractors.

    He wasn't even brought on to score. We were 3-1 up.
    Are there many better forwards to bring up to see a 10-15mins out with relentless energy?

  • Uche and Taff have cert made us look a stronger and better team I think

  • edited January 9

    Superb. Really enjoyed that. We looked for once that we would score everytime we went forward and that's just not Wycombe!!! The new lad looked great too. Uche is a revelation. So good to have him fit and playing. My special mention goes to blooms. I'm the one moaning if I see his name on the team sheet.... He played so well today. Was popping up everywhere. Excellent performance.

  • 22 attempts v 12 today!

  • @TheDancingYak said:

    @Malone said:

    @TheDancingYak said:

    @JohnBoy said:
    For those that can't lip read:
    "I didn't f***king touch him" - Rocky Allsop.

    That’s some claim given you could clearly see two stud marks the length of the players thigh

    You must have an incredibly HD picture to see that much detail!

    Standard desktop computer screen, but there was certainly two red marks that ran most of the length of his thigh.

    But as Alexo says, could have been an old injury.

    Abs now I think of it, and until I see another reply, it could even have been his β€œwrong” thigh. I.e. the side allsop didn’t come from

    100% stud marks down his thigh.

    100% on his right thigh.

    I retract any insinuation that Rocky put them on his leg as it was the wrong side.

  • Alex Samuel detractors @davecz ? Who they?

  • Do we want Chorley in the next round?

  • @Wendoverman - clearly haven’t been reading posts over the last few months.

  • Thought the steamed media coverage was really good today and great value!

  • @TheDancingYak said:

    @TheDancingYak said:

    @Malone said:

    @TheDancingYak said:

    @JohnBoy said:
    For those that can't lip read:
    "I didn't f***king touch him" - Rocky Allsop.

    That’s some claim given you could clearly see two stud marks the length of the players thigh

    You must have an incredibly HD picture to see that much detail!

    Standard desktop computer screen, but there was certainly two red marks that ran most of the length of his thigh.

    But as Alexo says, could have been an old injury.

    Abs now I think of it, and until I see another reply, it could even have been his β€œwrong” thigh. I.e. the side allsop didn’t come from

    100% stud marks down his thigh.

    100% on his right thigh.

    I retract any insinuation that Rocky put them on his leg as it was the wrong side.

    I’m equally sure it was his left thigh but who cares. I saw the parallel red lines, about 3” apart.

  • @Alexo said:
    Superb. Really enjoyed that. We looked for once that we would score everytime we went forward and that's just not Wycombe!!! The new lad looked great too. Uche is a revelation. So good to have him fit and playing. My special mention goes to blooms. I'm the one moaning if I see his name on the team sheet.... He played so well today. Was popping up everywhere. Excellent performance.

    I don't want to get too carried away - as Preston did make wholesale changes - but Uche if anything looks better than I'd imagined. And I worried that his long absence would have sent expectations to silly levels.

  • Great performance that! We were strong throughout the side despite the changes. Bloomfield superb in the 1st half, really drove us forward. Was very edgy about the 2nd half, after the late Preston pen in the 1st, but we continued to dominate and create chances. Bayo and Samuel were superb off the bench, Samuel especially and I was so pleased to see him get that goal he so deserved.

    Plenty of selection problems for GA next week, which is an encouraging sign.

  • That was was an absolute joy to watch - Uche looks a real find - the strength of Bayo but with pace.

  • @Malone said:

    @davecz said:
    @Malone - to be fair Samuels took his goal well but one goal all season, is hardly going to stop the detractors.

    He wasn't even brought on to score. We were 3-1 up.
    Are there many better forwards to bring up to see a 10-15mins out with relentless energy?

    He wasn’t even brought on to score !!! Clearly he runs a lot but his job as a forward is to score unless I’m mistaken.

  • Excellent work there be Gravity Media, very slick production from, I guess, a portakabin in the carpark.

    If I were Gareth I'd look to sign Muskwe on a permanent deal now rather than wait till the end of the season when he'll have lots of suitors after the performances he's going to put in for us.

    And I'd also concentrate the rest of the transfer window in finding another target man who can play Ikpeazu's role should he get injured. The man has made such a difference to both the style of our pay and the confidence of those around him. Absolutely superb signing by Gareth but we need another one like that - Bayo showed today that he's at his best when on for 15 minutes at the end.

  • @railwaysteve said:
    Do we want Chorley in the next round?

    Yes please. 5 ties from winning the Cup, with no replays

  • Not away though!

  • It’s frustrating that Uche has been injured for so long. What a difference he could have made in the first half of the season. Hopefully he can stay free of injuries and keep us up.

  • Two attacking threats and suddenly we look a different side. Uche will have to be marked as he seems capable of attacking from all angles and Admiral looks like he can feed off all kinds of scraps. A little bit of calm and luck and Admiral would have had a hat trick today.

  • edited January 9

    @davecz said:

    @Malone said:

    @davecz said:
    @Malone - to be fair Samuels took his goal well but one goal all season, is hardly going to stop the detractors.

    He wasn't even brought on to score. We were 3-1 up.
    Are there many better forwards to bring up to see a 10-15mins out with relentless energy?

    He wasn’t even brought on to score !!! Clearly he runs a lot but his job as a forward is to score unless I’m mistaken.

    We were 3-1 up and just needed to see out the game.
    And he did score anyway.

  • Good to see both Fred and McCarthy have decent games, should do them both the world of good. Uche does look the sort of player we were promised - a mobile, Bayo-lite handful of a forward and I thought that Muskwe had one of the best debuts I have seen for a long time.

    Much as normally I quite like green kits if really doesn’t look good on tv in fog

Sign In or Register to comment.