Skip to content

Match day thread: Preston (FA CUP)

Comments

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    @TheDancingYak Really? if Rocky caught any part of Riis it was his hip

I saw the stud marks on his thigh too. Could have been an old injury though thf

• @eric_plant said:
    He didn't call for it

That to me I guess @eric_plant . Gets tricky when hares are racing this tortoise.

• Getting quite foggy...better turn the floodlights up

• @TheDancingYak said:

@JohnBoy said:
    For those that can't lip read:
    "I didn't f***king touch him" - Rocky Allsop.

That’s some claim given you could clearly see two stud marks the length of the players thigh

You must have an incredibly HD picture to see that much detail!

• edited January 2021

@drcongo said:
    I’m guessing the Rocky / Taff mixup was because they both called “Ryan’s” as it was coming in.

More like they used the Chuckle brothers' "to me, to you" call.> @aloysius said:

Goodness, what a half.

Firstly, fantastic broadcasting from whichever production company the FA have hired. Such crisp micced sound (appreciate having one so close to the dug outs so we hear Gareth's "squeeeeeeeze"), good commentary, aided by being in a studio and able to watch replays rather than being at the ground on a dodgy ISDN line. And goal line technology!

And wow. If we play a front line of Onyedinma, Ikpeazu and Muskwe all season I might finally be able to get behind 433! McCarthy absolutely on fire coming forward as well and Wheeler at his sublime best. All three goals scored after driving down the pitch and then crossing from inside the box. Just shows what might have been this season if we hadn't persisted in Bayoball for so long.

Great to see McCarthy get a go in his proper position after being shunted around.
    It's not been a great season for him with injuries, own goals and positional changes, but today is a really strong performance.

• Fully HD...started horribly slowly/freeze frame and now it’s HD and hifi sound!

• @Malone said:

@TheDancingYak said:

@JohnBoy said:

That’s some claim given you could clearly see two stud marks the length of the players thigh

Standard desktop computer screen, but there was certainly two red marks that ran most of the length of his thigh.

But as Alexo says, could have been an old injury.

Abs now I think of it, and until I see another reply, it could even have been his “wrong” thigh. I.e. the side allsop didn’t come from

• Im picking conversations on the bench, but the picture keeps freezing...

• Admiral looks to be a fantastic signing ?

• @Forest_Blue said:
    Fully HD...started horribly slowly/freeze frame and now it’s HD and hifi sound!

Likewise here @Forest_Blue . Took about 15 minutes to stop freeze framing, by which time I missed the first two goals. Since then been perfect apart from the "pause" button being in the middle of the screen but I'm too scared to try anything to get rid, lest I balls it up completely.

• Great 1st half. Next 10 mins are crucial

• @TheDancingYak said:

@Malone said:

@TheDancingYak said:

@JohnBoy said:

Standard desktop computer screen, but there was certainly two red marks that ran most of the length of his thigh.

But as Alexo says, could have been an old injury.

Abs now I think of it, and until I see another reply, it could even have been his “wrong” thigh. I.e. the side allsop didn’t come from

Yeah i'd be amazed if that contact left a massive scar!

He barely touched him. It was a strange incident.

• “Best set piece delivery in the second tier” - he has done his homework!

• I have a bad feeling about this fog

• very good and knowledgeable commentator

• With no crowds, could they not just replay an abandoned game from the point of abandonment?

• Nice to have two quality right backs at the club. It would be nice to have a left back back up as well.though. Though JJ does not seem to be so exposed as the season has progessed

• Main cameraman needs to get his lens wipes out. That's making it look worse.

• Didn’t one of the games in the semi-final run involve heavy fog?

• @Croider said:
    Is that Lee Harrison back in the dugout? New goalie coach?

Yep, definitely Lee

• Does anyone have a yellow ball, this is difficult to watch

• @Chris said:
    Didn’t one of the games in the semi-final run involve heavy fog?

The Grimsby home game might have been quite foggy

• Their keeper right outside the box!

• uche really is fantastic, quick, strong and skilful

• Corner for Wigan?

• Bloomfied and adeniran seem a decent pairing as well.

• Why are Preston not wearing white? It’s getting increasingly difficult to tell the sides apart in this fog.

• @Wetherby_blue said:
    Does anyone have a yellow ball, this is difficult to watch

Agreed on my old lap top this fog is getting ridiculous.

• Re the fog... to be fair from that camera shot by the goal it doesnt look so bad