Skip to content

Preston Game On FA Player

Anyone else having trouble signing up for the FA player. Having read that the Preston game is only available on the FA player, I decided to download it and register. But at the very end of the process it refuses to let me register and says there is an error. Anyone else having problems?

Comments

• @Chickenhead, it works for me on the app, although I already had an account with the FA so didn't have to register first.

Maybe try to set up an account here and then sign in ...
    https://www.thefa.com/account/signup.

I did notice you have to be at least 16 during the sign up process on the app. Check that you didn't enter a DOB which conflicts.

• Didn't realise that I'd already got an account so tried to register and naturally it said "we know who you are", but continue(?). Then it says password not correctr, so redo password as requested (and accepted) and then it says "Who are you?"???.
    Am now registered but what a malarky! Hope we win.??

• I thought the game was going to be shown on the BBC iPlayer (red button). But I assume that's not the case, if it's been shown via the FA player?

• Good data harvest for the FA. Or is that too cynical?

• Is this thing free or do we pay like iFollow?

• Thanks Twizz?Looks like your link has worked for me! ?

• @drcongo said:
    Is this thing free or do we pay like iFollow?

Free

• Cheers Chris!

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Good data harvest for the FA. Or is that too cynical?

Use a throwaway email address and a made up postcode to register if you're worried about the blazers tracking your every move.

• @ReadingMarginalista said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

Use a throwaway email address and a made up postcode to register if you're worried about the blazers tracking your every move.

Ritm probably uses his own named email account with Pa55w0rd.

• @Malone said:

@ReadingMarginalista said:

Can someone in admin please delete my password from this thread? I can't cope with all the offers of money just for doing one simple thing.

You're making a few digs about my intelligence recently @Malone . I'm not finding them funny based on current events.

• Wasn't FA Player was an old game on the 'Atari ST?' The aim was to take a boy from youth player to patron of his local football club.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Malone said:

@ReadingMarginalista said:

Can someone in admin please delete my password from this thread? I can't cope with all the offers of money just for doing one simple thing.

You're making a few digs about my intelligence recently @Malone . I'm not finding them funny based on current events.

You can't start with a light hearted response - and then end with a serious one!

But I hope things ease for you (and us all covid wise) so I'll take the hint to ease off a little :)

• I just registered... so went to log in and it doesnt recognize me !!

Why cant we just bloody have it on ifollow !!! (Insert angry face)

• edited January 2021

A friend of mine messaged me yesterday to say whilst trying to download/register etc., he'd "noticed a quiet reference to faplayer.tv" and "this is the web address for the player, and all you need on a PC or TV with internet access, no need for app stores, emulators and Anglo Saxon conversations with inanimate IT software!"
    His TV is almost new and it works whereas my 'Smart' TV is 2013 vintage and no joy. The same with my neighbor who had no success with his older smart TV but it worked with his recent purchase.
    To quote my mate; "I thought I'd pass this on just in case it helps someone else in their moment of need."
    Thank you Brian.?

• Wonder who will be doing the commentary tomorrow

• @yorkyblue said:
    Wonder who will be doing the commentary tomorrow

John Beck & Martin O'Neill with David Moyes & Simon Garner as expert summarisers for each team!

• It seems that the FA Player is not available to download for Mac systems. I wonder if the good lady will allow me to use her Galaxy?

• I got a slap the last time I asked a lady that

• @LX1 said:
    I got a slap the last time I asked a lady that

Always a risky business, asking a lady anything other than "what would you like to drink".

• I finally managed to get it working on my iPad. When I try to cast to my Sky box (which shows up as an option on the drop down), the video changes to ‘casting to SkyQ’, the audio continues through the iPad and nothing happens on the Sky box. Looks like I’ll have to watch it through the iPad. I wonder if it works on the Xbox browser.

• I got it through my TV thanks to @ValleyWanderer. Followed his instructions + those on the FA player page, registered and the option to watch the match came up. Q it won't work when the match kicks off!

• My season ticket mate and I have both successfully logged (separately) into the FA Player website. We have clicked in "Live" and can see what looks like the thread to the live-stream, but there is nothing yet 'clickable'. Do I infer that the stream will open closer to the time? I do not want to leave this enquiry too close to 3.00pm. Can anyone who is tech-savvy explain how you get to see our game?

• Had a quick look yesterday and wondered similarly.
    No idea how soon before. Ifollow is an hour. So presumably no earlier than that..will start refreshing at 2.

• Same here. Does anyone get the pop-up asking 'choose your favourite teams'? A random selection, to say the least! Coventry United? Who are they? No Chairboys, no surprise.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    I got it through my TV thanks to @ValleyWanderer. Followed his instructions + those on the FA player page, registered and the option to watch the match came up. Q it won't work when the match kicks off!

I'm glad it's been of use @EwanHoosaami. It's thanks to my pal Brian tbh, as he flagged it up to me and my pal next door in a WhatsApp message. All I did was circulate on the Gasroom. COYB!

• 2.23 and still apparently no option to get the game up?

Must be a very close to kick off only job. Or we're missing a step!

• edited January 2021

Oh hang on you need to click on the 4th logo down on the left "Emirates FA cup" logo

Then there's a "watch live" button for our game.

Job done. We're in.

EDIT - or you can just click on "live" at the top.

• @Malone Are you on a PC?

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    @Malone Are you on a PC?

Laptop - so close enough yes.

There is just a red screen with some raving music on with the game details on at the moment. Rather than the warm up stuff that ifollow would have.
    But at least it looks promising!