Skip to content

Old Programmes

Now and again people have loads of old programmes / club fanzines being offered out to a good home.

Got me thinking out of interest, do we actually have a ‘library’ or equivalent etc of them, or place where they are all safely stored (on behalf of the club) at all? Got a couple of ideas bouncing around and just wanted to ask that’s all. Seem to remember we used / still have? a small shop for old programmes at the ground...

Comments

• @username123 I believe the club do have a programme library - I have a vague memory (about 5 years ago) of seeing boxes of old programmes stacked on shelves in the room they sometimes use for press. Not sure how far back they go, but there did seem to be a lot of them. If you contact Matt Cecil, I'm sure he'd be happy to help out if you have a specific enquiry. I gather he's juggling about 16 different roles at the moment, but he's always been very good when it comes to helping out fans.

The programme shop up by the home end ceased to be many years ago and I believe is now used by the Official Supporters Association to stash their drugs or something.

• Fairly sure they said on a recent meeting they have already got at least one of each and can't hold anymore.

• If anyone wants to start their own library I found another stash in the loft yesterday. Looks like pretty much most home and a fair stash of away from around 1990 to 98 or so.

Also looks like I have Adams Family fanzines too.

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    Also looks like I have Adams Family fanzines too.

Are Lurch and Morticia featured in any of the fanzines?

• I think Creaser is Lurch in issue 1!

• Sorry about that last bit on my previous post, unfortunately I can't delete it now. It was a silly joke and I sincerely apologise if it offended anyone.

• It's definitely their drugs @Jonny_King

• @Jonny_King said:
    Sorry about that last bit on my previous post, unfortunately I can't delete it now. It was a silly joke and I sincerely apologise if it offended anyone.

I thought you meant vaccines...

• @drcongo said:
    It's definitely their drugs @Jonny_King

And now everyone knows where they stashed them, you can see why they'd be annoyed

• @Jonny_King said:
    Sorry about that last bit on my previous post, unfortunately I can't delete it now. It was a silly joke and I sincerely apologise if it offended anyone.

LOL
    I read it earlier and thought it was one of the "characters" we have on the thread.

Can't believe it was actually you.

Not that you're not a character. But you're not a "character".

• I read that line and immediately knew it was @Jonny_King

• @Malone said:

@Jonny_King said:

LOL
    I read it earlier and thought it was one of the "characters" we have on the thread.

Can't believe it was actually you.

Not that you're not a character. But you're not a "character".

It’s quicker just to type @LX1