Skip to content

International Premier League Striker signs...

But who?

Comments

• Hal Robson Kanu is the consensus on twitter.

• would be a hell of a signing if we get him

• Reece Styche re-signing?

• Hahaha who the hell is that who we have signed lol what an anti climax

• this is the reason why we are likely to go down ....signing their YOUTH top scorer lol

• Slightly better than one goal every 2 games for Leicester U23 last two seasons. 22 years old.

• Come on guys, no need for such negative naval gazing

• @JohnBoy said:
    Hal Robson Kanu is the consensus on twitter.

Really cheered me up on a rubbish day. Laughed out loud. Thank you

• 'Anti-climax' hahaha - 'Premier League international striker' was always going to mean a youth player. Anyone who thought anything more than that simply doesn't have a clue

• why do they make a big song and dance about it...sorry Matt Cecil, that was pathetic...make a song and dance it wr sign players that more than 0.1% of the football community know ....don't say we are signing a prem striker...he has never played for their 1st team

• @Wanderers82 said:
    this is the reason why we are likely to go down ....signing their YOUTH top scorer lol

Absolutely fuming it wasn't Sergio Aguerro

• @Wanderers82 said:
    why do they make a big song and dance about it...sorry Matt Cecil, that was pathetic...make a song and dance it wr sign players that more than 0.1% of the football community know ....don't say we are signing a prem striker...he has never played for their 1st team

It's totally worth it for your reaction alone

Good work Matt!

• @Wanderers82 said:
    why do they make a big song and dance about it...sorry Matt Cecil, that was pathetic...make a song and dance it wr sign players that more than 0.1% of the football community know ....don't say we are signing a prem striker...he has never played for their 1st team

No one knew who Knight was when we signed him either. This lad is from the same youth team. At least save your crying til you’ve seen him play.

• Would have been good to sign a striker with a history of bagging goals but in Gaz & Dobbo we trust. Welcome aboard Admiral, please score lots of goals haha.

• this signing proves the lack of ambition....we should play Parker who has at least scored a senior goal haha

• No idea if it'll work out, but he's already upset the right people which is a good start.

• According to the Leicester City website he played for them 'in the Hong Kong Soccer Sevens tournament,' I need to know more about this!

• upset me ? should upset you all spending money on unproven players....knight was NOT unproven as did a great job for Peterborough, this guy went on loan to Swindon last season (league 2) with zero.goals I'm 5 appearance

• https://twitter.com/ad_muskwe?lang=en

his Twitter profile gives a Bible reference, so perhaps another religious believer as with several of our squad.

• @Wanderers82 said:
    this signing proves the lack of ambition....we should play Parker who has at least scored a senior goal haha

Your support always welcome @Wanderers82 and your unerring knack of always being right. haha.lol

• @DPR38 said:
    Would have been good to sign a striker with a history of bagging goals but in Gaz & Dobbo we trust. Welcome aboard Admiral, please score lots of goals haha.

The opportunities for puns seem endless. Both nautical and insurance themed.

• @Wanderers82 said:
    upset me ? should upset you all spending money on unproven players....knight was NOT unproven as did a great job for Peterborough, this guy went on loan to Swindon last season (league 2) with zero.goals I'm 5 appearance

His first name is Admiral. I hope we drove a truck full of cash to Leicester to sign him.

• Musk we descend into puns already?

• why make a bug song and dance about it Matt? think he may need some lessons in setting expectations...looks.an OK prospect and sure he will do a job for. the B team.

• Didn't expect us to go mad on a striker, but this seems very underwhelming,shows a
    a distinct lack of ambition and hardly giving Ainsworth the tools to do the job. Is this guy better than Parker? Parker must have done something terrible.

• I'm torn on who to trust on the wisdom of this signing. A highly excitable fan called @Wanderers82 or GA, a man who's led us from the bottom of league two to looking close to competitive in one of the biggest leagues in the world.

• @davecz said:
    Didn't expect us to go mad on a striker, but this seems very underwhelming,shows a
    a distinct lack of ambition and hardly giving Ainsworth the tools to do the job. Is this guy better than Parker? Parker must have done something terrible.

massively agree.

• Ainsworth signs young prospect..well that doesn't every really work out does it..lots you can moan about, not this, and who knows who else might follow. Apparently Hal Robson Kanu was on between £1.5m and £3m last year depending on what you read. I'm also gutted Aguero hasn't been unveiled.

• we needed at least someone who has actually scored for their senior team , such a very poor PR job by the team., we have improved on this so much but we have really let ourselves down this time around