Skip to content

Press report on Josh Knight

Comments

• Not a dickie bird.

• There's only one Dickie Bird

• Wonderful character. I always think of him on “This is your Life” when, in that plaintive Yorkshire voice, he greeted every guest with “thanks for coomin’”

• So strange to think Knight may have played his whole Wycombe career in front of just 3000 total home fans.

• He didn't look (or play) like a player who was never coming back. I reckon he's invested in the Wycombe culture now so hopefully he'll return.

• Knights loan expires as of today.

• I’d hoped something would be announced before kick off yesterday. I fear we may have seen the last of him.

• No news today is good news I think. Normally the club would have thanked Knight by now and he didn't look like a player playing his last game for us.
    For what it's worth I'd be really happy to see him sign up but I hope we can play him in midfield as I do think his defensive positioning particularly at set pieces needs some improvement. He'd be a powerhouse in our midfield

• Agree @Right_in_the_Middle. Knight in midfield with Thompson would be strong, with Taff and Stewart at centre backs and Uche upfront would form a solid centre core to the team.

• I hope you’re right @Right_in_the_Middle, but if his agent is worth his salt he’ll be encouraging Josh to wait.

• That took my not quite woken up brain a fair few seconds to work out!
    Phew!

• PBoPBo
    edited January 2021
  • Excellent news which would also suggest - had Leicester agreed - that Josh was quite happy to sign for us. Another sign that our management are doing a great job in my opinion.

• Reading between the lines and possibly jumping to some assumptions.
    We pay a loan fee, if we stay up that can be taken off a pre agreed fee for the permanent signing.
    If we go down, Knight will be probably be looking to stay in the Championship, hence becoming a free agent. So Leicester at least get some money for Knight, via the loan arrangement.

• The cynic in me is worried that he's available at the right price, one which we don't want to pay or unable to pay.
    So I am hoping this loan announcement comes out very quickly otherwise the article may have alerted other clubs to his availability.
    Fingers crossed!

• Excellent news for the club. My take is that Knight was happy with extending the loan and then will look at all options at the end of the season.

• @ChasHarps said:
    Reading between the lines and possibly jumping to some assumptions.
    We pay a loan fee, if we stay up that can be taken off a pre agreed fee for the permanent signing.
    If we go down, Knight will be probably be looking to stay in the Championship, hence becoming a free agent. So Leicester at least get some money for Knight, via the loan arrangement.

You sound like Dev Mark 2 with your assumptions!!

• What better experience for a young defender/midfielder than a hard season in a relegation battle?

• The contrast in attitude with his cousin Leon is striking

• edited January 2021

Great news for this season

With 6 months left on his deal, unless he signs a new Leicester deal which is announced alongside the loan (which at 23 and way off the first team I don't see that likely) , then I suspect it was a mixture of Josh/his agent who rejected a permanent move now - and why wouldn't he?

From his POV a loan is perfect, at the end of the season he'll get the pick of clubs and offers on the table - he'll want to play championship football with or without us and you can't begrudge him that

• @LX1 said:
    The contrast in attitude with his cousin Leon is striking

He's closer to Michael and Kitt these days

• Remember when Kitt scored a filedgoal? Can't find it on youtube.

• @LX1 said:
    The contrast in attitude with his cousin Leon is striking

Good to see he didn't follow his cousins Jordan and Danny too.

• @mooneyman said:

@ChasHarps said:

You sound like Dev Mark 2 with your assumptions!!

That is the ultimate insult to any human !!

• @ChasHarps said:

As long as Leicester offer him a new contract they will be due a fee for him in the summer as he is not 24 until September.

• Those tribunal fees are normally tiny though right?

• @Vincey said:

@ChasHarps said:

As long as Leicester offer him a new contract they will be due a fee for him in the summer as he is not 24 until September.

The offer has to be equal or in excess of his current offer for them to be due compensation.

• Never heard anyone say jumping to assumptions before.
    Chuckled at that.

Another for the chasharps-glish file.