Skip to content

Quick iFollow help

Hi all,

Quick question I could do with some help on - my dad, long time season ticket holder - is in hospital after some pretty life changing surgery just before Xmas. Managed to get him an iPad and he’s keen to watch the game tonight.

He was watching the games earlier in the year via his laptop, which isn’t with him, and I am about to attempt to explain (over the phone) to a 76 year old with no iPad experience or used the app before now, how to get the game up.

I have the app myself but only used the audio feeds before - is there anything I need to be aware of before I talk him through it, or will it be as easy as him logging onto the app (which we did earlier today) and pressing the “live now” button at the top and picking the right option?

I.E. should he have had to get a code from his email prior to going onto the app?

TIA

Comments

• No code required. He needs to log into ifollow (using same email address that the club has for his season ticket) from the club website and the game should be available to view via the Match centre.

• @AlanCecil said:
    No code required. He needs to log into ifollow (using same email address that the club has for his season ticket) from the club website and the game should be available to view via the Match centre.

Thanks Alan! Really appreciate the help

• Hope your dads' surgery has the positive effect you have all wished for btw @TheDancingYak.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Hope your dads' surgery has the positive effect you have all wished for btw @TheDancingYak.

Many thanks Ewan - surgery was life saving (below knee amputation) 2 days after walking into JR with leg pains so in one way very positive effect but in the other hand completely life changing.

Getting him mentally in the right place (and distractions like the football!) will hopefully help as we haven’t been allowed to visit since just before Xmas.

Just spoke to him and he’s got it working (by himself I might add) and sounds the best I have heard for a while.

Let’s hope mood that continues after tonight’s game.....! :-)

• @TheDancingYak said:

@EwanHoosaami said:
    Hope your dads' surgery has the positive effect you have all wished for btw @TheDancingYak.

Many thanks Ewan - surgery was life saving (below knee amputation) 2 days after walking into JR with leg pains so in one way very positive effect but in the other hand completely life changing.

Getting him mentally in the right place (and distractions like the football!) will hopefully help as we haven’t been allowed to visit since just before Xmas.

Just spoke to him and he’s got it working (by himself I might add) and sounds the best I have heard for a while.

Let’s hope mood that continues after tonight’s game.....! :-)

Indeed. Knowing the inherent qualities of this club I’d imagine the team would want to offer their best wishes. And as I type Tafazolli delivers! Hope that put a smile on your dad’s face.

• Glad he got it working. Hope the win cheered him up. Best wishes.

• @TheDancingYak well that should have been a lift!?