Skip to content

Match day thread: Cardiff

Comments

• Pleaesed for mehmeti, wheeler and mcleary. Fred needs to deliver as well now. Uche is exactly what we needed a more mobile Bayo.

• Got to take Thompson off, he's not getting away with another one

• I agree, was going to say the same

• Perhaps time for Mr Wycombe for Thommo?

• Got it right @Wendoverman .

• Blooms and Samuel, if ever there were 2 subs destined to win fouls for 10 mins.

• This is one of those defending masterclasses that we did a few times last season. Everyone always in the right place.

• @micra said:
    Got it right @Wendoverman .

Surprisingly not right.

• @micra said:
    Got it right @Wendoverman .

Nope mcleary and mehmeti...yellow card still on. A big miss if he gets a red.

• Time has basically stopped.

• 2 up with less than 10 minutes to go, and I can still barely watch

• Are we going to.be the club whose wins cost some opposition managers their jobs I wonder.

• @prufrock_91 said:
    Blooms and Samuel, if ever there were 2 subs destined to win fouls for 10 mins.

Or list commit them on Blooms' case, which is ideal!

• And breathe.

• Well done lads.

• I know its game management but fannying about in the corner is not for me.

• Great win!

• Great performance all round. Looked a lovely balance to the side tonight.

• That's the win we've been waiting for all season. Clinical in front of goal, strong at the back, clever with and without the ball. If we can keep the key guys fit, we're going to give it a real go.

• Fantastic three points in a game I thought we were likely to.lose. Great defensive performance second half. Excellent.

• Wow what a difference a few days make !! Really good performance that

What on earth are we all going to argue about this week now ?!

• Fantastic result - vital we won to stay in touch(ish) with the teams above us

Also helps that Coventry & Rotherham lost

• I didn’t anticipate in July being cross about conceding a goal to Cardiff.

• Fanbloodyyastic. Been a long time coming and well deserved. Let's hope this is a turning point.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Wow what a difference a few days make !! Really good performance that

What on earth are we all going to argue about this week now ?!

Chalk and Cheese.

Really good work from them all today. Taff (ironically against Cardiff) and Uche both offer a lot. Wrap em all in cotton wool and on to next year we go still in sight of safety if not in touch.

• Well done Gareth Ainsworth! Made some big calls today and they’ve all come off. Fantastic result!
    Imagine where we might be now if Tafazolli and Uche had been fit for the first 21 games.
    We’ve got a real chance of staying up if those two can stay on the pitch for the remaining games!
    COYB!

• Great showing.

• Yes yes yes!

Great performance, almost perfect until the late goal

Uche offers another dimension up top, he might not be quite as technically brilliant at trapping the long ball like Bayo, but his reach is so much bigger and he's got a decent turn of pace, as well as being a giant.

Mehmeti was superb today, he has the X factor that's needed to open teams up, or even just to get that extra half a yard to get a measured cross in rather than a hopeful one, which McCleary did from Mehmeti's pass for Wheeler's bullet header

Thompson (bar one bad tackle) and Knight were excellent, but that almost goes without saying now.

Please be the start of a run of form