Skip to content

Match day thread: Cardiff

BSEBSE
edited December 2020 in Football

Comments

• That’s better.

• Another harmless badge, though I am sure Cardiff fans remain relieved after that crazy experiment with red kits. Can you imagine the Couhigs changing our home kit to the red and white quarters because it is "lucky"?

• edited December 2020

Could be the last game for a couple of weeks if rumours are to be believed - PL clubs discussing a two-week gap, would imagine the Champ would follow suit.

• Are we on red button tonight? Internet been down for two days!

• I’m sure I heard somewhere that it will be but I’m lucky that (at least currently) my broadband signal is very good. Chance for mrs micra to watch what she wants to !

• @Commoner said:
    Are we on red button tonight? Internet been down for two days!

same question from me...if someone is able to confirm that would be helpful

• Sorry I couldn’t be 100% certain.

• edited December 2020

Birmingham 3-0 down to Derby inside half an hour, I think Karanka could be next to get the boot...

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Could be the last game for a couple of weeks if rumours are to be believed - PL clubs discussing a two-week gap, would imagine the Champ would follow suit.

This would prove a lot trickier than last season though with the Euros in June. Would they scrap the EFL Cup and FA Cup to fulfill fixtures... squeeze them all into May or scrap an international break?

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Birmingham 3-0 down to Derby inside half an hour, I think Karanka could be next to get the boot...

And defending absolutely dreadfully by all accounts

• @Brownie said:

@chairboyscentral said:

This would prove a lot trickier than last season though with the Euros in June. Would they scrap the EFL Cup and FA Cup to fulfill fixtures... squeeze them all into May or scrap an international break?

I don't think they could, too deep into both competitions (League Cup only has three games left tbf). I can't see the Euros being postponed again as they'd have to move them to 2023 or 2024 (how are they reconfiguring the domestic season/s for the World Cup?).

• @Brownie said:

@chairboyscentral said:

And defending absolutely dreadfully by all accounts

I know - and he's renowned for keeping it tight!

• @Commoner said:
    Are we on red button tonight? Internet been down for two days!

I'm assuming not as it's normally listed on the Sky Sports website if it is, but I could be wrong.

• The Cardiff website states that the match is not available on the red button tonight.

• Only games that would have been midweek in a normal season are on the red button - but I'm not sure why they bothered telling us I don't think there's any way of knowing?

• I still think that Birmingham will be dragged into the scrap at the bottom. Also got a (unexplainable!) feeling that we might win tonight.

• I have that feeling every game!

• Birmingham have been the masters of their own downfall - 3 mistakes - 3 goals to Derby.

Neither side look great, but Birmingham are dreadful, Derby are at least reasonably organised and seem to be playing for each other.

• JJ is going to be very motivated. Hoping for some free kicks just outside the areas, and corners in his "corner office".

• @glasshalffull said:
    I still think that Birmingham will be dragged into the scrap at the bottom. Also got a (unexplainable!) feeling that we might win tonight.

We could have lost 73 games in a row by 15 goals and you'd still be positive :)

It's a good thing. But if it was one of the "less positive" posters reporting the same feeling I might think more of it :)

• It's weird - I often get "feelings" about games, which are often wrong (even before the season started, I had Millwall circled as who we would get our first win against, and I had feelings the Stoke game would be a thriller and Preston would be dull). But there is one time I just "knew" we would win - the playoff final.

• For the record, I get the feeling we will not win today, but that's more based on the "Negative Incident Bingo" that seems to be plaguing us currently.

Crazy own goal
    Red card
    Missed early sitter
    Refereeing decisions
    Late conceded goal

It will be interesting to see which one (or more) pop up today!

• I imagine people will be complaining about the ref

• You’ve missed our staple ‘late disallowed goal.’

• They're missing Kieffer Moore and haven't been as solid at the back this season, maybe a draw.

• @floyd said:
    You’ve missed our staple ‘late disallowed goal.’

Good shout! If I had to design the template for our games this season it would be:

1. Start well.
    2. Concede in around the 32nd minute with the opposition's second or third meaningful attack.
    3. Find a plucky equalizer around an hour in.
    4. Gain the upper hand.
    5. Conceded a stomach punch goal against the run of play, usually through a counter-attack.
    6. Equalize at the death, only for it to be ruled out.

I know it can't be true, but I feel like I have seen the above match several times.

• Is our Phil Catchpole in trouble with BBC 3CR? He appears to covering Swindon v MK Dons. What misdemeanour would warrant that kind of punishment?