Knight
Jacobson

Gape
Thompson

Horgan
Wheeler
McCleary

Kashket

Think Wheeler could to an excellent job in a number 10 / free role - win headers and support Kashket upfront.
Adeniran also an option in midfield.
Bayo or Ikpeazu to replace Kashket as plan B
Onyedinma to come on angry for either Horgan or McCleary

Comments

• Allsop

Grimmer
    Stewart
    Knight
    Jacobson

Adeniran / Gape
    Thompson

Freeman / Mehmeti

Horgan / Fred
    McCleary / Wheeler
    Bayo / Uche

• Depending on the game/tactics needed. 442 (Allsop, Grimmer, Knight, Stewart, JJ, McCleary wide right, Thompson, Adeniran, Horgan wide left, Kashket and Ikpeazu) OR 4231 (same back 5, Thompson and Adeniran sitting, McLeary, Horgan and Wheeler roaring as 3 behind Ikpeazu or Kashket, depending on opponents) OR for more defensive needs 433 (same back 5, Thompson, Gape and Adeniran, McCleary and Horgan our wide and Ikpeazu up top). Bayo still has an absolutely massive part to play but generally limited to causing havoc with 10-15 minutes remaining (and of course his importance as a figurehead and inspiration for the team as a whole).

• @raglan said:
    A fully fit squad, no injuries.
    How would your starting XI look?

My starting XI:

Allsop

Grimmer
    Stewart
    Knight
    Jacobson

Gape
    Thompson

Horgan
    Wheeler
    McCleary

Kashket

Think Wheeler could to an excellent job in a number 10 / free role - win headers and support Kashket upfront.
    Adeniran also an option in midfield.
    Bayo or Ikpeazu to replace Kashket as plan B
    Onyedinma to come on angry for either Horgan or McCleary

I’d go for exactly this. But perhaps with Uche (or hopefully a new striker) up front instead of Kasket.

It should get the best out of Horgan and McCleary because they have two midfielders behind them. For me, Wheeler is the perfect player in that central role ahead of Thomson and Gape because he’s such a good footballer and he can also play that forward harassing role that Bloomfield plays so well.

All we need is Gape and Stewart to get fit and seats we go.....

• I'd go for 442 - Allsop / Grimmer, Knight, Stewart, JJ / McCleary, Thompson, Wheeler, Horgan / Uche, Fred

With Wheeler playing attacking midfield swapped for Adeniran or Gape for matches against top of the table sides.

Still excited to see what Tafazolli could bring to central defence though.

• @aloysius said:
    I'd go for 442 - Allsop / Grimmer, Knight, Stewart, JJ / McCleary, Thompson, Wheeler, Horgan / Uche, Fred

With Wheeler playing attacking midfield swapped for Adeniran or Gape for matches against top of the table sides.

Still excited to see what Tafazolli could bring to central defence though.

JJ set pieces with Tafa in there could be superb.

• I think if Stewart and Tafazolli can get fit and stay fit would be massive.
    It will then allow Knight to move into midfield.

Allsop
    Grimmer Stewart Tafa JJ
    Thompson Gape
    Fred Knight McCleary
    Ikpeazu

• Allsop

Grimmer Stewart Knight JJ

Thompson

Wheeler Freeman McLeary

Bayo Kashket

• Allsop
    Grimmer Stewart Tafa JJ
    Knight Thompson
    Horgan Adeniran McCleary
    Bayo/new striker

• Knight from CB to 10 would be some transition...

• It’s 4-5-1 in defence and 4-3-3 in attack. I can see him playing the role Bloomfield did last season so well. Harrying the back line and being a general nuisance. He also has one hell of a shot and is not frightened to shoot, something We’ve missed this season.
    Leaving Gape and Thompson to Marshall in front of the back four.
    At this level you need pace out wide and the ability to do something unconventional hence Fred and McCleary.