Skip to content

Match day thread: Bristol City

Comments

• I'll await the abuse.... but Bayo should not be starting anymore

• That record low point's tally looks ever increasingly likely.. so easy for them to score and we just keep hoofing it up to frankly poor man's Bayo who looks painful unfit.

• Either Fred or Horgan for Adeniran is the obvious change i guess.

• Fine in the final third? We’ve been there numerous times but with absolutely no finish.

• Our starting line ups continue to shoot ourselves in the foot. We have very rarely played with one centre midfielder under Ainsworth. Why have we decided to do this in the Championship.
    We’re all over the shop.
    Get Horgan or Kashket off and Adeniran on.

• @micra said:
    Fine in the final third? We’ve been there numerous times but with absolutely no finish.

Fine in terms of numbers, but it leaves us exposed on the counter.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mr Cecill rather generously suggesting the Bristol defence doing well at keeping Bayo at bay. In reality he's the focus of everything but can't really run or jump at the moment. Sure he'd be more use as an impact sub whilst Ikpeazu must be wondering what's going on if he can run about.

@micra said:
    I’m really not seeing that from Bayo. Perhaps it’s just me.

• I expect we're being very careful with Uche after his problems so far this season.

• Usual drill.
    Competing nicely enough but concede a fairly standard goal.

Our hopes hinge on one perfect long ball combo of Bayo's head to Kashket's run.

• Not watching the game today ,I'm going by the updates we should be three goals down ,I hope we get a couple of players in to give us a little chance and hope of staying up. I don't know why he keeps starting with bayo he doesn't look like scoring

• I’m not Wheeler’s number one fan but I’d put him on in place of Fred on the right perhaps. Ikpeazu Just has to come on asap.

• As per usual, I'm feeling this is a game we could win quite handily with more class and/or composure in the final third and if we stop just hoofing it up to the frankly ineffective Bayo.

McCleary's a really good player, isn't he!

• Or Mehmeti on rather than Adeniran - still attack-minded but able to play deeper than Horgan. We're getting to the stage where we need to take a few more risks imo.

• I thought Fred would step up but he's been very disappointing this season

• @Doober48 said:
    I thought Fred would step up but he's been very disappointing this season

Yup. Bit of a passenger in that half.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    I expect we're being very careful with Uche after his problems so far this season.

I'd respect this reasoning if we were resting him in favour of a fully fit striker. Bayo is quite obviously playing with an injury impacting his individual performance and those around him. It's nothing against the man as an individual or a player at all, he just simply should not be starting games in the state he's clearly in.

• Can i mention that our two best chances came as a result of 'hoofing it up to Bayo?'

• @micra really needs to lay off Bayo, how many times has he proved his worth?

• @micra said:
    I’m not Wheeler’s number one fan but I’d put him on in place of Fred on the right perhaps. Ikpeazu Just has to come on asap.

They seem to be trying, even from goal kicks in recent weeks, to isolate Kashket for his pace, Fred unfortunately looking a bit weak, Horgan doing a skill then giving the ball away, luckily it's fairly open so we can still nab something hopefully

• @floyd said:
    Can i mention that our two best chances came as a result of 'hoofing it up to Bayo?'

Exactly

• Charles has done reasonably well so far, hope it continues!

• @floyd said:
    Can i mention that our two best chances came as a result of 'hoofing it up to Bayo?'

By all means. I don't mean to say that there's no place for it but it's a matter of proportion and, as I did say, what we do when we do have possession safely in that danger area. Too many hopeful shots at the expense of a bit more self-belief and ambition.

• @floyd said:

Law of averages ? When that's all your doing in the first place

• @DJWYC14 said:
    @micra really needs to lay off Bayo, how many times has he proved his worth?

Hardly just @micra is it. Pretty much the majority opinion in this thread.

• @chairboyscentral said:

@floyd said:

Exactly

But not from Bayo headers.

• @HolmerBlue said:

@floyd said:

Law of averages ? When that's all your doing in the first place

But it's not all we're doing is it? We've kept the ball to feet in the final third more often than not.

• @drcongo said:

@DJWYC14 said:
    @micra really needs to lay off Bayo, how many times has he proved his worth?

Hardly just @micra is it. Pretty much the majority opinion in this thread.

RITM will be on to say it's a minority opinion next...like Charles being down the pecking order.

• @micra said:

@chairboyscentral said:

@floyd said:

Exactly

If Bayo scores a header will you take a forfeit?

• @micra said:

@chairboyscentral said:

@floyd said:

Exactly

At least two good openings have come from flick-ons through to Kashket. Bayo's been our most creative player this season - I agree he's not in perfect shape, and he's been wasteful himself (not today as he hasn't had any chances), but he's still effective.