Skip to content

17 years of Mr Wycombe

2»

Comments

• @ChasHarps said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    In fairness, internal appointments rarely work out, but we're a pretty unique club and Blooms is part of the furniture.

Worked pretty well at Anfield for 25 years !!

I don't fancy working our way through the present squad and past players with diminishing returns until we have to appoint a French Director of Football to 'help out' Junior Morias :smiley:

• edited December 2020

Blooms as DoF once we're huge - he wouldn't have to be so hands-on in that role!

• Marcus Bean would be a good DoF too, if it came to it. I think he is on record as saying he would rather be in a director role than a coaching position.

• @floyd said:
    Congratulations Matt, 16 years and 362 days of proving Wycombe fans wrong.

Hmm......I can't say I remember too many critics in the first half of his Wycombe career. He was pretty much universally acknowledged as one of our key players wasn't he?

• @chairboyscentral said:
    In fairness, internal appointments rarely work out, but we're a pretty unique club and Blooms is part of the furniture.

Wasn't Neil Smilie an internal appointment?

• Alan Gane was an internal appointment, led us to one of my favourite ever seasons in 86/87. 100 points and 100 goals.

• @eric_plant said:

@floyd said:
    Congratulations Matt, 16 years and 362 days of proving Wycombe fans wrong.

Hmm......I can't say I remember too many critics in the first half of his Wycombe career. He was pretty much universally acknowledged as one of our key players wasn't he?

Rather missed the joke there.

• If we were all as good as Blooms at our job our country would be in a much better place.Thanks Matt for your dedication through both the bad times and the good!

• Blooms for PM?

• I worked in Local Government, not this area for circa 40 years until I hung up my boots. I had to reply to MPs questions from all sides. I would trust Blooms more than than the majority of Councillors & MPs from all sides of the House of Commons!

• 17 Years, 18 Seasons, 551 appearances, 42 goals, 4 Promotions, 3 Relegations, League Cup Semi Final, 4 Play Offs, Two Play Off Wembley Finals, One Play Off Wembley Win and Numerous other accolades for his work with the club and the community.
    A true legend on and off the pitch. Thanks for the memories Matt.

• He had a couple of potentially career ending injuries in there too which make his achievements all the more remarkable.

I did my ACL and I’ve barely been able to muster a decent jog since. To play on and on after such an injury in elite football is testament to his hard work and determination.

He has truly made the very best of his skill and talent.

• @TheChair said:
    I worked in Local Government, not this area for circa 40 years until I hung up my boots. I had to reply to MPs questions from all sides. I would trust Blooms more than than the majority of Councillors & MPs from all sides of the House of Commons!

To be honest I’d trust Bodger (the mascot) more than the majority of any of our current politicians

• @bookertease said:

@TheChair said:
    I worked in Local Government, not this area for circa 40 years until I hung up my boots. I had to reply to MPs questions from all sides. I would trust Blooms more than than the majority of Councillors & MPs from all sides of the House of Commons!

To be honest I’d trust Bodger (the mascot) more than the majority of any of our current politicians

Well he can't open his mouth for starters

• Bodger told me to fuck off at Filbert St

I also hugged Alan Parry

Funny old day that

• Can remember few years back there was interest from poxford. At the time I thought yes let him go but he just keeps going and almost reinvents himself.

• @eric_plant said:
    Bodger told me to fuck off at Filbert St

I also hugged Alan Parry

Funny old day that

Are you sure it wasn't the other way round!

• @mooneyman said:
    Are you sure it wasn't the other way round!

Christmas Eve POTD!??