Skip to content

WBA v Aston Villa

Kourtney Hause,Matt Phillip's and Matt Cash all featuring. All three came through our youth/academy system but we pocketed less than 400k for them.

Comments

• I’d have thought we have earned a bit more than that from Hause and Philips.
    Famously of course we should have earned far more from Phillips but for an inexperienced livable decision from the then chairman.
    Cash left at just 14.

• People have only just stopped asking if we get anything from Phillip's next transfer!

• Baffled as to how Hause is still on the pitch - for a tackle not much different to Livermore's sending off (which Martin Atkinson bizarrely gave as a yellow initially).

• Yep for all the "expert ref" chat condoning it he went in hard and to the shin first then settled on the foot. Could easily have been red.

• Not quite sure how VAR didn't intervene there but hey ho

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Not quite sure how VAR didn't intervene there but hey ho

They did. They checked it didn't they and said it was ok?

• @Malone said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    Not quite sure how VAR didn't intervene there but hey ho

They did. They checked it didn't they and said it was ok?

Yeah, I mean they didn't ask the ref to go and look at the monitor.

• Never understand the point of a qualified referee with perfect quality screen calling over another qualified referee to squint at an outdoor screen.

• The logical conclusion of your views on this are literally referring every decision to the VAR, and have games refereed by someone in a room miles away.

• Didn’t we get an initial £325k for Phillips followed by a further £200k as Blackpool bought out the sell on clause?

• @Vincey said:
    Didn’t we get an initial £325k for Phillips followed by a further £200k as Blackpool bought out the sell on clause?

That £200k went straight to paying off the debt to Steve Hayes. Interestingly Blackpool also bought Charles Dunne at almost the same time for a similar amount of money but then loaned him straight back to us. I wonder of those supposedly with inside knowledge like @marlowchair might know if the two were connected or purely coincidental.

• We got two fees for Hause too, and would have kept both as Hayes had already had "his" money