Skip to content

Match day thread: Yeovil

Comments

• starting eleven and subs unchanged according to twitter

• Any idea which 3CR frequency the match will be broadcast on?

• @ReadingMarginalista I dont think its on 3CR just chairplayer

• Apparently it's on DAB only, which is no use if you live in Berkshire and can't get the 3CR region BBC DAB signal!

• BSEBSE
    edited November 2015

Oh right, I've had a look online I dont have a digital radio but according to this (http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/radio/dab/dab_local.html) Three Counties Radio is on Block 10D if that means anything to you ?

Edit: yep its on DAB

• @BSE in the end I managed to find an old unloved DAB radio that can get the commentary, but turns Phil and Scotty's dulcet tones into a mixture of a Dalek and 3CPO. Mushn't grumble!

• Ha ha that sounds like it could be quite and entertaining commentary duo, 0-1 Luke O'Nien

• Cracking result

• A win against Yeovil! I wasn't sure I'd ever see that happen. A wonderful, wonderful result, that perhaps only fans of a certain age will fully appreciate.

• Excellent result and sounded like a good performance as well.

Saturday is going to be a cracking game. Portsmouth riding high after a 6-0 thumping of York (albeit against 10 men for 45 minutes), and with 1800 fans behind them, should be a great atmosphere.

A big worry though is that Pierre, O'Nien and Harriman are all on 4 bookings, so would miss the Brizzle Rovers game if they get another yellow. Nightmare scenario is all 3 get booked against Pompey... The cutoff is 30 November so if they can keep it clean on Saturday then we can breathe easy for a while.

• Great win tonight but in truth Yeovil were dire in the first half and we should have been at least 2 nil up at halftime. Yeovil came out allguns blazing for the first 15 minutes of the second half, but we weathered the storm and O'Niens strike was simply superb.

The back five were brilliant today, and Ingram made a world class save first half. Special mention for Matty Bloomfield, absolutely immense throughout.

• @~MBS "Yeovil were dire in the first half and we should have been at least 2 nil up at halftime".

Glovers are low hanging fruit, there for the pickings. If it wasn't for Ingram's prowess this could've been another N'County. GJ AAH assist to O'Nien to hit the back of the net.

Anway well done lads, another away win.

• Yeovil 0-1 Wycombe: Luke O'Nien fires Chairboys to victory - http://www.skysports.com/football/yeovil-vs-wycombe/report/340862

• What a signing he is turning out to be. Player of the season so far I'd say, along with Bean

• @Ciderk1d One of the best 'damning with faint praise' comments you've produced so far. What a miserable sod you are.

We won at Yeovil !!! We never win at Yeovil. What a great result.

• Absolutely. I have as much loathing for Yeovil as any of our newer so called rivals. Even in our all conjuring 92/93 season we lost at Yeovil 3-0. Nobody will forget the 4 defeats in 86/87! So any victory over the Green and white shite is welcome.

• According to CotN, we had a (clearly very memorable) 1-0 win there in 1993 in the Bob Lord Trophy.
    http://www.chairboys.co.uk/clubs/yeovil.htm
    Was anyone on here in the 2,330 crowd that evening?

• PS - cracking result last night. O'Nien seems to be coming on leaps and bounds. He was my MOM against Wimbledon, by all accounts he was in the frame for that again last night.

• Did anyone else suffer from the ridiculous diversions with the A303 closed on route home?

Great result made it all worth it though. Finally a win vs. Yeovil

• Mr @ReadingMarginalista
    The 2nd leg of the BLT at Loakes Park in 1990 was pretty agonising.
    Johnny Granville somehow caught what looked a harmless high ball and then proceeded to step back over his own line, as a deathly silence fell on Loakes Park as Wanderers fans realised what they just witnessed, and we went out on the away goal rule.

• @DJWYC14 said:
    Did anyone else suffer from the ridiculous diversions with the A303 closed on route home?

Yes. What a joke - even went as far south as Dorset and added nearly an extra hour to the journey home! As you say though, the win made it worth it.

• should be a life ban for anyone who uses the phrase "low hanging fruit" on here. No right to appeal

• Couldn't attend the game last night. Just saw the highlights, cracking goal by Luke and Pierre saved us to. Good play by Holloway to he seems to be getting better each game . Well done by all.

• Once again big question marks about Ingram dealing with a long ball into the area.
    He appeared to get no where near it, and leave the goal unguarded. Big Aaron was alert to the danger and positioned himself well for a goal line clearence.

• Pierre was my MOM even before the late clearance off the line.

• M3GM3G
    edited November 2015

@ReadingMarginalista Yes I attended that match. But hardly memorable as you say, I think Chuck played in goal that night. We seemed to play Yeovil in League cup matches every season around that time.

• @eric_plant "should be a life ban for anyone who uses the phrase "low hanging fruit" on here. No right to appeal"
    Totally agree as any Bucks native knows the correct name is 'Chalfont st Giles' !!

• In the highlights Woody looks like he's right back on form, lots lot lovely passes, good invention and industrious as ever. Can anyone who attended confirm if this was the case?