Skip to content

Match day thread: QPR

Comments

• @micra said:
    Totally agree @bookertease. It’s the hope (thoroughly justified in the light of pretty well every performance since half time against Swansea) that breeds the frustration.

Can I make a little mischief by mentioning that Dobbo has won two games to GA’s nil? I know some will see that as bordering on calumny and there’s scant evidence for saying so but it keeps popping up in my head and leads me to look for reasons - eg are the players more relaxed when GA is not leaping about and screaming instructions from the technical area?

They didn't seem to be put off by Gareth being around in 2 promotions in 3 seasons.

• @HolmerBlue said:

@Wendoverman said:

@HolmerBlue said:
    I think we're down.

That's your saturday afternoons and midweek evenings freed up until May then @HolmerBlue . Plenty of jobs round the house to get done?

Be quiet Forest supporter ... I was there when we lost to the Met Police and still kept coming ... bloody hell football eh !?

How many times do I have to say on here: those two words must NEVER be written on this forum...

(Walks shaking to the emergency bottle of Lamb’s Navy Rum...)

• @chairboyscentral said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    Have we had any good refs this season other than Lee Mason and James Linington (Rotherham and Preston games)?

Why do we seem to be getting the same refs as earlier games already. It used to be the exception that we had a ref twice in a season. Now we see them once a month.

Maybe the pool of refs for this level is smaller? I don't know.

How depressing if true? That means we'll have that idiot today at least twice more.

• @Doober48 said:

@micra said:
    @Doober48: I am guessing you are very young. Judgement and balance generally come with age. Sadly, other qualities - eg patience in the face of negative and clearly misplaced criticism - tends to diminish. For anyone simply to say “we are shocking” does no justice whatsoever to the excellent passing football we played throughout the game. If you’d said “our finishing is shocking” even without acknowledging what refreshingly good passing football we were playing, I would not have felt the need to comment.

Perhaps you would have preferred it if I’d chosen to ignore your comment. You say you have expressed praise on the Gasroom but, with one visit every four months on average, you must have been pretty sparing with it.

No I'm not young ,just getting frustrated with the lack of cutting edge and the chances missed ,I can not fault the effort and some skill we are putting into each game. There is a fine line in this league and we should be higher or at least a lot more points.
    I'm not as eloquent as you and maybe a little hot tempered ,I will try and put more contents in my post

Don’t worry. All views and opinions welcomed and mercilessly dissected on here.

As in infrequent contributor you may not be fully aware that you are required to be Micra-ised to be fully viewed as part of the Gasroom community. It’s a rite of passage we all have to go through...

(And it’s not the same, civilised place when he’s not around. But joking aside, be yourself and grow a thick skin)

(I’m the annoying patronising one on here in case you haven’t grasped that)

• @Doober48 said:
    I didn't know you were the spelling and gasroom police

Someone has to do it, and @micra is that someone.

• @bookertease forest supporter? I cant help it. Geography and fate. ?

• @Wendoverman said:
    @bookertease forest supporter? I cant help it. Geography and fate. ?

Said no Man United fan ever.

• A game we could and should have won. Missed chances, a preventable goal against, a strong claim for a penalty and another poor refereeing display. As someone said, our season so far was rolled into one afternoon.
    However, I refuse to be downbeat and there are positives to be taken. Played pretty well, can only get stronger when players return from injury, still within four points of escaping from the bottom three and (with apologies to Malone) still plenty of points to play for.

• @HolmerBlue football is the gift that keeps promising but rarely ever delivers...so you have to savour it when it does! (And as you know as a Forest fan I knows it... )

• @bookertease said:

@Doober48 said:

@micra said:
    @Doober48: I am guessing you are very young. Judgement and balance generally come with age. Sadly, other qualities - eg patience in the face of negative and clearly misplaced criticism - tends to diminish. For anyone simply to say “we are shocking” does no justice whatsoever to the excellent passing football we played throughout the game. If you’d said “our finishing is shocking” even without acknowledging what refreshingly good passing football we were playing, I would not have felt the need to comment.

Perhaps you would have preferred it if I’d chosen to ignore your comment. You say you have expressed praise on the Gasroom but, with one visit every four months on average, you must have been pretty sparing with it.

No I'm not young ,just getting frustrated with the lack of cutting edge and the chances missed ,I can not fault the effort and some skill we are putting into each game. There is a fine line in this league and we should be higher or at least a lot more points.
    I'm not as eloquent as you and maybe a little hot tempered ,I will try and put more contents in my post

Don’t worry. All views and opinions welcomed and mercilessly dissected on here.

As in infrequent contributor you may not be fully aware that you are required to be Micra-ised to be fully viewed as part of the Gasroom community. It’s a rite of passage we all have to go through...

(And it’s not the same, civilised place when he’s not around. But joking aside, be yourself and grow a thick skin)

(I’m the annoying patronising one on here in case you haven’t grasped that)

Ok I will thicken the skin and practice my spelling

• @glasshalffull said:
    A game we could and should have won. Missed chances, a preventable goal against, a strong claim for a penalty and another poor refereeing display. As someone said, our season so far was rolled into one afternoon.
    However, I refuse to be downbeat and there are positives to be taken. Played pretty well, can only get stronger when players return from injury, still within four points of escaping from the bottom three and (with apologies to Malone) still plenty of points to play for.

You surprise me
    I thought you'd have written us off. ;)

• edited December 2020

Was it @oilysailor on ringing the blues that said being down the bottom of the league is different from the top, in that you only need to put together a run of a few wins and suddenly you’re right back in it?
    The trouble is today looked like one of the most winnable games we’ll have all season.

• edited December 2020

@Chris said:
    Was it @oilysailor on ringing the blues that said being down the bottom of the league is different from the top, in that you only need to put together a run of a few wins and suddenly you’re right back in it?
    The trouble is today looked like one of the most winnable games we’ll have all season.

He's correct.
    But as we've won 2 games in 20 it's a stretch to see a run of wins coming!

However, now we're bottom for the first time this season, maybe we can begin the big comeback.

• It’d be hard to dissect “we are shocking” or to show mercy!

Seriously though, it’s good to see @Doober48 that you’ve taken the time to make a more extensive and considered comment (with which I fully agree with one very minor caveat). The caveat is that I feel most players have been displaying considerable skill this season.

You say you are not young so I am now having to decide whether you are 48 or 72!
    If the former, you are young. If the latter, you are only ten years my junior.

Be delighted if you chipped in a bit more often - once a month perhaps?

Apologies for any offence. I must give it a rest.

• @micra said:
    It’d be hard to dissect “we are shocking” or to show mercy!

Seriously though, it’s good to see @Doober48 that you’ve taken the time to make a more extensive and considered comment (with which I fully agree with one very minor caveat). The caveat is that I feel most players have been displaying considerable skill this season.

You say you are not young so I am now having to decide whether you are 48 or 72!
    If the former, you are young. If the latter, you are only ten years my junior.

Be delighted if you chipped in a bit more often - once a month perhaps?

Apologies for any offence. I must give it a rest.

Are you saying you would be delighted? Or are you saying he will be delighted?
    Clumsy language son.

• @micra how do you feel about the lack of an apostrophe in Queens Park Rangers?

• @micra said:

The caveat is that I feel most players have been displaying considerable skill this season.

Just cheekily wondering which players aren't showing considerable skill based on this comment.
    Pendantic?

• Just wondering when the disputed penalty incident was as I can't remember it. Mind you I was distracted a bit second half by the buffoon cancelling Christmas

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Just wondering when the disputed penalty incident was as I can't remember it. Mind you I was distracted a bit second half by the buffoon cancelling Christmas

It was from a corner but I can't honestly say it was easy to spot a hand. But our players went mad about it and people were texting Big Phil saying it was a definite pen. So maybe I wasn't concentrating hard enough!

Having seen our players up close disputing a free kick v Coventry when McCarthy absolutely booted the life out of an opponent's foot I'm not 100%.

• BSEBSE
    edited December 2020

@drcongo Thanks for your concern, I am happy to say im well and healthy. A combo of technical difficulties and my car deciding to break this morning got in the way today. Apologies all for the lack of a match day thread today.

• @Wendoverman said:

Would have been very apt for you to be in the trees behind the terrace today!

• Negative from today: I hate to say it, but we are bordering on promotion form needed to stay up, or at least playoff form. I think we are good enough to be midtable if we replayed this season, but promotion might be a bit of a stretch. However, if there was ever a club and team capable of pulling this off...

Positive from today: Nick Freeman played well (as did everyone, to be fair). The advantage of having he or Mehmeti in the side is that there is more composure on the ball in the middle of the field. If most of our midfielders receive the ball back to goal 35 yards out with a defender on them, there is not always the confidence to do anything other than a safe pass. Freeman is the type who will weave too and fro, make a cutting run, and then pass to someone at the edge of the area with the outside of his boot. Horgan and McLeary are both good on the ball, but playing wide, they don't often start attacks, and today I feel Freeman did a really nice job of moving the ball.

• @Shev said:

@Wendoverman said:

Would have been very apt for you to be in the trees behind the terrace today!

By the bloody drummer? No chance!

• Mehmeti did what some of the others seem reticent about. He had a shot!

• @BSE said:
    @drcongo Thanks for your concern, I am happy to say im well and healthy. A combo of technical difficulties and my car deciding to break this morning got in the way today. Apologies all for the lack of a match day thread today.

Glad to hear you’re well sir. Sounds like an annoying day though.

• Horgan once again made me shout at the tv more than even scotty when he missed. Over and over he gets the ball in good positions and then fails to make anything of it. Either runs directly into defenders, fails to release the ball quickly enough, gets into a shooting position and doesn’t or slows and allows the other team to get back. Grimmer shows when crosses come in something can happen. Get the ball in, do something man, you have all the ability. Aghhhh

And Fred .... what’s happened there?

• Agree with all of that @TheAndyGrahamFanClub. Horgan flatters to deceive a little bit, and Fred really hasn’t got going this season. Which is a shame for him and for us.

• edited December 2020

In this game I shouted and swore at the TV more than in all the other games put together.
    So many times we either failed to deliver a convertible chance into the box or failed to convert the chances we created.
    Definitely feels like 2 points dropped, which come the end of the season may be the difference between staying up and relegation.

And Boris didn't help lighten my mood any ...

• I thought Horgan was great today, our best player, but there you go.

But a shit day all round really for more reasons than the football. Hope everyone's alright. Hang in there and one day we'll be through the other side of it

• @eric_plant said:
    I thought Horgan was great today, our best player, but there you go.

Seconded. I saw someone writing earlier that he'd had an off day. Bizarre how we see the same thing so differently.