Skip to content

Match day thread: QPR

Comments

• I love football

• Bean in the house. Winner incoming?

• Get the ball on the floor, run at them and shoot.

• Frig sake i'm watching on delay again!!!! But look forward to seeing the goal then!!!

• Maybe we're under instructions not to win so they can't poach Gaz.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Maybe we're under instructions not to win so they can't poach Gaz.

I would assume a 1-1 in which we scored both goals will not do MW any good though!

• Better than nothing, but that's two points dropped.

• ref was absolutely shocking....we should of smashed them on chances ....st least its a point

• Gavin Ward certainly decided it was going to finish 1-1 didn’t he? Hard to be optimistic if we can’t beat teams like that at home.

• We certainly should of.

• Stop blaming the ref !! Its not his fault we dont score enough goals !

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Stop blaming the ref !! Its not his fault we dont score enough goals !

Whose blaming the ref for our lack of goals?

• Ainsworth furious with the ref at the end there.

• We’re blaming the ref for poor decisions, not our poor finishing.

• Pleased with a point but QPR were atrocious. Mehmeti chance was least clear cut of the game as well!

• @floyd said:
    Get the ball on the floor, run at them and shoot.

It really is that simple.

• Strange from the ref late on. Keeper lumps it then the ref makes him re-take it for no reason, wasting a minute of action.

• We’re doing the first two bits very well.

• Opposing fans have been saying we are the worst 2nd tier team ever, but the way this is going, we are going to be the best second tier side ever to be relegated! We are better than all of these teams around us.

That being said, we are just not clinical this year. When you don't take your chances but defend well, you get a lot of 0-0, 1-1, 0-1 and 1-2 results, which is what is happening to us. The galling thing is that Scottie would bury the same chances in L2!!

• @Wendoverman said:
    Pleased with a point but QPR were atrocious. Mehmeti chance was least clear cut of the game as well!

It was just about the hardest chance of the game. Bayo's header over was THE chance.

• Those iFollow stats do my head in. No clear cut chances in the 1st half when Kashket misses a sitter and two in the second half that I'm not sure I remember.
    A point to break the losing sequence but QPR are a poor side who'll definately be changing manager soon.
    Considering the injury list there has to be some hope.

• We missed some great chances but Rocky made a couple of very good saves didn't he?

• Real magic from Mehmeti that was.
    It wasn't even a half chance when he picked it up.

Losing 1-0 by the 88th you obviously take the point gladly - but that was another game there was more for us.
    Very frustrating.

• We were the better team over the course of the game, had 2 half decent shouts for penalties but the lack of confidence from our strikers is palpable and is what is holding us back along with silly defensive errors gifting the opposition goals.

• Ref made some strange decisions but for both sides. He did not kick the ball into our net, head it over or shoot straight at the keeper though.? I am hoping these 'experiences' will start to pay off for us second half of the season. Still not too far away from wins.

• edited December 2020

I'm becoming more and more in favour of getting a striker in on loan. We should have had at least seven points from the Preston and Coventry games and today based on the chances we created. Kashket has really lost his touch and we could do with taking the load off a bit.

Ref was Christmas cracker grade but not at fault for the result.

• Two absolute sitters missed we can't keep blaming the ref we are shocking> @micra said:

I> @Doober48 said:

Two absolute sitters missed we can't keep blaming the ref we are shocking

I’d have more respect for that comment if you were someone whose judgement had been displayed at least a few times previously. 17 visits to the Gasroom in nearly 6 years doesn’t suggest a totally committed fan!

I didn't know you were the spelling and gasroom police I don't have time to come on here every 5sec and most of the time I just read the comments and just leave ,I have put praising comments on here too,so give it a rest

• Soon as I saw that Gavin Ward was ref my eyebrows raised and I said not that pedantic prick again. Sure he was bullied at school & delights at being centre stage. The foul he gave against Uche was typical of him & I think that is what Gareth was arguing with him about. Rightly so, as it is what we have witnessed for the last 4 years with Bayo. Superior strength doesn't equal a foul FFS.

• What time can we expect the positivity police to show up?