Skip to content

Match day thread: QPR

Comments

• We need to win this.

• Half time stats say we’ve had zero clear cut chances. @chairboyscentral, any idea how the Scotty miss is not a clear cut chance?

• Could do with a solid base in midfield to allow us to sustain pressure going forward, but that's kind of impossible at the moment. I agree with Beany that we should be targeting Barbet (LCB) with Bayo - although having Bayo stand by Dickie to force them to play through Barbet is working surprisingly well. We're getting the ball back fairly easily.

• @drcongo said:
    Half time stats say we’ve had zero clear cut chances. @chairboyscentral, any idea how the Scotty miss is not a clear cut chance?

I think it's only if the chance is scored 50% or more of the time, so I'm surprised that one isn't.

• @bookertease said:
    Playing quite well towards the end of the half. Low on confidence though. We need a lucky break or two and we’ll be fine

What's luck?!

• Oh please @drcongo . I couldn’t bear it if you’ve sparked a discussion on the minutiae of latterday stats.

• I love the midfield four, I love our ambition in playing it on the ground. Wheeler is a cut above (I know I keep saying this).

To return to some other favourite themes, McCarthy plays with his heart on his sleeve but his split-second decision making is as poor as ever. Bayo is a heroic club servant but this season is a season too far. Would love to see Uche and Fred on replacing Bayo and Kashket for at least 30 mins, preferably more.

• Freeman is making a serious case for himself, with his composure on the ball.

• edited December 2020

McCarthy makes much better decisions when in midfield, would be quite happy seeing him only play there (obviously not possible today).

• @drcongo said:
    Half time stats say we’ve had zero clear cut chances. @chairboyscentral, any idea how the Scotty miss is not a clear cut chance?

There are lies, damn lies... and statistics

• edited December 2020

Someone will be on soon to argue that we don't need to win this one as there's still 26 games left...

@chairboyscentral said:
    McCarthy makes much better decisions when in midfield, would be quite happy seeing him only play there (obviously not possible today).

He's a quality league 2 centre back - quality league 1 right back + decent league 1 centre back.
    But we know deep down he's not really someone you want to use at this level in the centre.

Roll on Stewart returning.
    I'd question whether Tafa actually exists if we hadn't seen him play 23mins or so way back.

• It's a good job we are having shite luck, or we would have no luck at all!

• @Malone said:

Someone will be on soon to argue that we don't need to win this one as there's still 26 games left...

@chairboyscentral said:

He's a quality league 2 centre back - quality league 1 right back + decent league 1 centre back.
    But we know deep down he's not really someone you want to use at this level in the centre.

I'd question whether Tafa actually exists if we hadn't seen him play 23mins or so way back.

Read that as "Rod Stewart returning"

• I> @chairboyscentral said:

@Malone said:

@chairboyscentral said:

Read that as "Rod Stewart returning"

A bit of Rod Stewart would probably boost morale.

Imagine a season where you get in for say 3-4 games - lose 30+ games and win only 4 or 5. We'd all need cheering.

But forget that...positive hats back on for 45.

• Every new rule feels like it’s been thought up by someone whose never been to a game.

• Aaagh, Horgan had a great ball to his left there. Not one of his best games so far today.

• In what world does any bit of Rod Stewart improve morale?

• Bizarrely I fancy is to win this

• edited December 2020

Bloody hell Josh, you can't do that.

• Didn’t even get booked did he?

• Were we appealing for a penalty before all that?

• Nope, strangely

• Handball apparently. Can’t say I saw it.

• How the hell did JJ get booked there?

Knight made the foul and Knight was arguing it vociferously?!

• @Malone said:
    How the hell did JJ get booked there?

Gavin Ward.

• @Malone said:
    How the hell did JJ get booked there?

Must have been disputing the handball in unacceptable terms rather than the knight decision. Which was a clear free kick.

• edited December 2020

JJ's got to watch himself here.

We HAVE to force this, they look so shaky at the back. Very difficult header for Kashket there though tbf.

• I’m going to tell myself Kashket would have been offside if that had gone in.

• Oh Scottie. I know we are the Chairboys, but that is two sitters.

• Two absolute sitters missed we can't keep blaming the ref we are shocking