Skip to content

Match day thread: Wimbledon

Comments

• Jj abd bean out untuk the new year....terrible news

• That's a blow.

Two good players in Blooms and Stewart to come in though.

McCarthy to right back, Sido to left back I'm guessing.

• edited November 2015

Oh my days, Woody. Other than run around and get in people's way, please explain to unsighted what does Woody bring to the team ?

Assists, goals, leadership, long throws or just brings food menu, What ?

Stand corrected, Wood took a good free kick.

• What has that happened ?

• Woukd be great if GA actually keep us fans upto date with players- I thought we were supporters trust #onlywhenitsuits

• Dons will have wasted valuable resource all week planning for JJ and Beano , Gaz not talking about it has given us that extra bit of advantage, it is all about these fine margins, telling us stuff achieves nothing but potential disadvantage to the Saturday result which is all that really matters.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    telling us stuff achieves nothing but potential disadvantage to the Saturday result which is all that really matters.

Well said. How on earth does it give anyone other than the opposition any benefit to reveal this sort of news earlier than necessary? We should be privileged to know this news early just because we are a fan owned club? Seriously???

• Maybe GA could ring contributors to the share scheme and tell them news like this but only if they promise not to tell anyone else.

• What ever it not just Injuries but permanent and loan signings...more than happy to.take our money...rant over

• I bet a lot of people where aware of JJ's injury but it isn't in the general public's interest. The Dons would've have been a tad surprised JJ wasn't selected.

JJ speedy and steady recover with that f'back bud.

• edited November 2015

O'Nien was superb today in the defensive midfield role, running everywhere, harrying well, getting and distributing the ball, fearless in the tackle. He even went down for the requisite time everytime he was challenged after we went ahead. I wouldn't pick him for a wrestling match - Taylor's bodyslam was enough for the pin - but for a football match he's almost first name on the teamsheet now.

Ingram - who should be indisputably first name - really should've learnt to come and claim the ball in his box by now. The Wimbledon goal (and a couple of other chances of theirs) should have been really caught by Ingram but sadly it was him caught out under pressure. He's not going to get his big money move without showing me confidence in the box.

Speaking of confidence, when our left back and our defensive midfielder are both out, it is a real shame Ainsworth won't play the young reserve left back and the young reserve defensive midfielder. Both Sellers and Rowe on the bench. Sido is beautiful to watch but I'd much prefer to see round pegs in round holes, even if it means keeping Stewart out of the team for now.

Finally it would've been nice to see Holloway on earlier. Thomson and Hayes were both tired and unproductive for much of the second half. An earlier sub might have seen us take a more defensible 2-0 lead.

• Agree AAH and Kretch should of had at least 30 min. You could clearly see Thomson had tired.

• Hear Hear, the commentators mentiond both Hayes and Thompson where spent, but we knew that GA would leave it as late as necessary.

While AAH was waiting to be come on, it took about 5 minutes after he took his sub kit off to get on the pitch.

I Would have prefered AAH and Kretch coming on alot earlier say after 70 minutes but anyway good point away.

Well done lads.

• Not disappointed with a point. Neither team did enough to deserve the win in a game low on quality.

We did scrap hard, however. Special mention for Onien and Bloomfield who both put in an excellent shift.

Ingram should have claimed the ball that popped up on the edge of the six yard box before their goal.

Stewart did well after such a log time out.

Worrying that we still seem reluctant to play the ball around on the floor.

• I take back the criticism of Ingram. Highlights show he had yeh ball in two hands and was impeded.

How this is not a foul on the keeper I'll never know.

• I think the position of the ref is a major factor. He's not going to be able to see anything from there.

Time and time again ref's make little or no effort to get in the best position to see the point of the game. Maybe the linesman might have helped him out too.

• Absolute bollocks. Referees always invariably are trying to get in the best possible position to see incidents. Of course they do not have perfect knowledge of where the ball might go or where players might run too. His position is pretty good, unfortunately three players then run together obscuring a guy who runs in behind. Even then on the video it is very hard to pick up his dark blue arm against a dark background possibly fouling Ingram. Freeze frame it looks like a foul. At full speed on the video it looks like Ingram (already arms flailing just before) looks like he has just dropped it. More often than not that gets given as a goal.

• It should have never come to that, the ball nodded back in was travelling slowly and was a keepers ball all day long. Sido expertly blocked of the attacker, and should have been an easy collection for Ingram. Why oh why he stays on his line and allows the ball to bounce and gives the opportunity for some confusion is anyones guess.

• At full speed on the video it looks like Ingram (already arms flailing just before) looks like he has just dropped it

Absolute bollocks.

• Unless of course you think it's possible for a human being to jump in the air and then change direction in mid-air without any external forces.

• It's true that Ingram is his own worst enemy in this situation. His dominance of the six yard box is his major weakness. We shouldn't have to rely on a referee expertly placed in the best position 25 yards behind the play with at least four players between him and the action.
    More often than not the goalies get the benefit of a tiny bit of doubt. It didn't happen on Saturday.

• Severe case of blue tinted glasses going on here.

Ingram i spointing at his defense where to clear it and appears surprised to see it clear his defence. In real time it looks like he is reaching off balance backwards and just palms it out. The forward is entitled to jump for the ball. It is very hard to spot the dark blue arm on Ingrams shoulder/neck. Interestingly in real time not one of the six or seven defenders (from a team not known for its reticence in trying to influence the referee) saw enough in the challenge to appeal for a foul.

With the benefit of a video, its a foul. But real time, seven times out of ten that is going to be given. And were you a Wimbledon fan and had it been disallowed, you would have been screaming blue murder at the poor referee.

• I think we need a new goalkeeping coach as Ingram's weaknesses are not being addressed and he is not improving.

• It's absolutely the case that if it were the other way around and the foul HAD been given, we'd all be up in arms that 'it's a contact sport' and 'keepers are way too protected'.

You could argue it's a foul, but the issue is more that Ingram doesn't make a decision and leaves any action here way too late.

• If our back up keeper had more experience, then i feel Ingram may have been taken out of the firing line to work on that alarming weakness in his game. It may have been the case, when Lynch played we conceded some very soft goals at Stevenage and home to Newport. Inturn Lynch also chose to stay rooted to his line from a corner and an unmarked attacker nodded in from 5 yards.

• Both our keepers are shot stoppers end off. The defenders should by now, know our keeper's weaknesses as do the opposition and let me be clear the opposition keepers are usually in the same boat as ours.

So sadly I disagree with all this finger pointing. Our defenders should attack them type of balls and protect our keeper. We had 3x Centre half's on the pitch.

Bloody head it and clear your lines, hopefully we learn our lesson and do the same up the other end. Score more goals (better service, quality and set pieces) allows for the odd slip up at the back which in this league is expected.

C'mon guys have you forgotten some them saves Ingram made lately.

• @ChasHarps said:
    If our back up keeper had more experience, then i feel Ingram may have been taken out of the firing line to work on that alarming weakness in his game. It may have been the case, when Lynch played we conceded some very soft goals at Stevenage and home to Newport. Inturn Lynch also chose to stay rooted to his line from a corner and an unmarked attacker nodded in from 5 yards.

Dont think lynch played stevenage an newport games!?

• I meant we conceded some soft goals in those game, hence Lynch being selected to play against Carlise, with the official line of Ingram being out with a twinge.